IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

11 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I came home from work a few nights ago to find my stepchildren ( all adults, mind you) copying my wife's vaccine passport and inserting their personal information on them.  Needless to say, I'm not impressed, neither with them nor my wife. 

Now I can't decide if she's really the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, to be honest.

That was a bad lesson for her to teach your step children.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I came home from work a few nights ago to find my stepchildren ( all adults, mind you) copying my wife's vaccine passport and inserting their personal information on them.  Needless to say, I'm not impressed, neither with them nor my wife. 

Now I can't decide if she's really the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, to be honest.

1.jpg

Using or falsifying vaccine records is a federal offense, with each offense carrying the potential for prison time, according to NBC affiliate WUSA 9.

5 minutes ago, Zippo said:
1.jpg

Using or falsifying vaccine records is a federal offense, with each offense carrying the potential for prison time, according to NBC affiliate WUSA 9.

The penalty could also be death from Covid-19.  That fake card isn't protecting you.

Their dad ( who's also a flat earther), has them all believing that Covid is just another government scam.  I wish they'd see reason, but they're too busy buying into whack jobs on Youtube that he sends them.  When this all broke out they were all 'Dad was right about this one'.  Yeah, because his theories on Y2K and rapture were spot on,

If they get it, that's on them, but godamnit, I've got a nearly two year old grandson that I don't want to see catching this because of their ignorance. 

Corey

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Their dad ( who's also a flat earther), has them all believing that Covid is just another government scam.

I can't understand these people. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Long ago I told my golf team that the unvaccinated golfers would have to:

• Get tested every week.
  • Be quarantined for 10 days if they're a close contact.
  • Other restrictions. (All students have to wear masks indoors, so it's not that.)

Well, our conference championship is in a few weeks. We have a tournament this weekend, the only one in which one of my players was going to play all year. Our home tournament is in about 11 days.

Two of my three unvaccinated golfers had close contacts with COVID positive players and are now out for at least 8-10 days.

I told them long ago even if they weren't all that worried about getting really ill from COVID, that getting the vaccine (J&J most likely as they'd be "fully vaccinated" two weeks later) makes practical sense as they wouldn't be putting their season or the team's season in jeopardy.

And guess what two of the three of them just did?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Long ago I told my golf team that the unvaccinated golfers would have to:

• Get tested every week.
  • Be quarantined for 10 days if they're a close contact.
  • Other restrictions. (All students have to wear masks indoors, so it's not that.)

Well, our conference championship is in a few weeks. We have a tournament this weekend, the only one in which one of my players was going to play all year. Our home tournament is in about 11 days.

Two of my three unvaccinated golfers had close contacts with COVID positive players and are now out for at least 8-10 days.

I told them long ago even if they weren't all that worried about getting really ill from COVID, that getting the vaccine (J&J most likely as they'd be "fully vaccinated" two weeks later) makes practical sense as they wouldn't be putting their season or the team's season in jeopardy.

And guess what two of the three of them just did?

The ignorance/procrastination is just sad. It takes 2 minutes and it’s free.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Like I said, even if they didn't think that they needed it for health reasons… they didn't get it because of either:

• a medical condition that prevents them (highly unlikely)
  • laziness
  • they don't want to get it for various "reasons"

I'd bet on the second one mostly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Like I said, even if they didn't think that they needed it for health reasons… they didn't get it because of either:

• laziness

My son got his early as soon as he was eligible, plus his company required it. But another friends son procrastinated for months. We all hounded him. He finally got his second shot this week.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

28 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It's the "Won't Happen to Me" syndrome.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

• laziness

Erik, did you get a sense of where their parents stood on the vaccination issue?  Not that you could have asked.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Erik, did you get a sense of where their parents stood on the vaccination issue?  Not that you could have asked.

It's none of my business in that sense. I can only really care about them and where they stand and how it affects them and the golf team.

I encouraged them to do it, but tried to stop before it became "too much" or whatever.

My son is a college freshman playing on the golf team. He has not yet qualified to play in any of the tournaments (missed first 1 by 1 stroke). He was vaccinated as soon as possible back in the spring. I wonder if he will get a chance because of COVID because I know the vax rate is pretty low and the case rate is high in this area.  He would rather earn his way into the tournaments, but he will be ready to play if someone else can't.

War Eagle!

• Administrator
corona-virus-2019-wuhan-600px.jpg

CDC provides credible COVID-19 health information to the U.S.

I don’t think my pharmacist was aware of this earlier this morning when I went in.

22 hours ago, The Flush said:

My son is a college freshman playing on the golf team. He has not yet qualified to play in any of the tournaments (missed first 1 by 1 stroke). He was vaccinated as soon as possible back in the spring. I wonder if he will get a chance because of COVID because I know the vax rate is pretty low and the case rate is high in this area.  He would rather earn his way into the tournaments, but he will be ready to play if someone else can't.

As I'm sure you know, in sports one of the best abilities is availability.  If someone gets Wally Pipp'd because they got Covid after refusing to vaccinate, that's on them, and should not be considered to reflect poorly on the next person up.  I'd say being a good player and available when needed is a pretty useful spot for someone to serve if they aren't playing in the tournament just yet. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

9 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I've run out of care. I just don't have it in me anymore for those who refuse. 

I'm selling fake vaccine cards to the stupidly unvaccinated.  In the column where it asks "Healthcare Professional or Clinic Site" I'm writing in "This is a fake card".  These people are so stupid they probably don't even read their fake cards...