IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

My wife and I both tested positive this morning.   My daughter had some type of upper respiratory / sinus infection that she couldn't shake.   Multiple Covid tests on her came back negative.   She ended up on two sets of medication to try and knock it out.   I've had the same thing for over a week and took a test this morning since it was bad for a couple of days and now I just can't shake it.   I woke up feeling exhausted today but I also was playing golf in the heat and at the pool, so I thought I was wiped out.  Not sure if I am on the tail end, or my daughter had something else and then I got Covid somehow.   

For me, it's been like having a sinus infection and I end up with this gunk stuck in the back of my throat.  Couple of days of sinus pressure here and there.   Vaccines and boosters seem to be doing their thing.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
2 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

For me, it's been like having a sinus infection and I end up with this gunk stuck in the back of my throat.  Couple of days of sinus pressure here and there. Vaccines and boosters seem to be doing their thing.

I've heard similar from others. And yes, to the bold, too. Vaccines don't mean you won't catch it, they mean you're far less likely to have it as badly because your body can fight it off more quickly and effectively.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What about long Covid? It’s still early to make any firm conclusions on it I’m guessing other than try not and get it. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
41598_2021_86747_Fig1_HTML.png

Scientific Reports - Low HDL and high triglycerides predict COVID-19 severity

Lipids are indispensable in the SARS-CoV-2 infection process. The clinical significance of plasma lipid profile during COVID-19 has not been rigorously evaluated. We aim to ascertain the association of the plasma lipid profile with SARS-CoV-2 infection clinical evolution. Observational cross-sectional study including 1411 hospitalized patients with COVID-19 and an available standard lipid profile prior (n: 1305) or during hospitalization (n: 297). The usefulness of serum total, LDL, non-HDL and HDL cholesterol to predict the COVID-19 prognosis (severe vs mild) was analysed. Patients with severe COVID-19 evolution had lower HDL cholesterol and higher triglyceride levels before the infection. The lipid profile measured during hospitalization also showed that a severe outcome was associated with lower HDL cholesterol levels and higher triglycerides. HDL cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations were correlated with ferritin and D-dimer levels but not with CRP levels. The presence of atherogenic dyslipidaemia during the infection was strongly and independently associated with a worse COVID-19 infection prognosis. The low HDL cholesterol and high triglyceride concentrations measured before or during hospitalization are strong predictors of a severe course of the disease. The lipid profile should be considered as a sensitive marker of inflammation and should be measured in patients with COVID-19.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:
41598_2021_86747_Fig1_HTML.png

Scientific Reports - Low HDL and high triglycerides predict COVID-19 severity

Lipids are indispensable in the SARS-CoV-2 infection process. The clinical significance of plasma lipid profile during COVID-19 has not been rigorously evaluated. We aim to ascertain the association of the plasma lipid profile with SARS-CoV-2 infection clinical evolution. Observational cross-sectional study including 1411 hospitalized patients with COVID-19 and an available standard lipid profile prior (n: 1305) or during hospitalization (n: 297). The usefulness of serum total, LDL, non-HDL and HDL cholesterol to predict the COVID-19 prognosis (severe vs mild) was analysed. Patients with severe COVID-19 evolution had lower HDL cholesterol and higher triglyceride levels before the infection. The lipid profile measured during hospitalization also showed that a severe outcome was associated with lower HDL cholesterol levels and higher triglycerides. HDL cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations were correlated with ferritin and D-dimer levels but not with CRP levels. The presence of atherogenic dyslipidaemia during the infection was strongly and independently associated with a worse COVID-19 infection prognosis. The low HDL cholesterol and high triglyceride concentrations measured before or during hospitalization are strong predictors of a severe course of the disease. The lipid profile should be considered as a sensitive marker of inflammation and should be measured in patients with COVID-19.

I'm in trouble!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 5 weeks later...

I never got to comment on this thread.

Basically in KSA vaccines were pronounced as mandatory for everyone.  An application was made and if you didn’t show a green vaccinated page you weren’t let in to shops, yours place of work, schools or airports.

My wife and I took both initial shots and then they made the booster mandatory.

I took Astrazeneca, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and I ended up catching Covid twice.  Systems put me on my ass for almost a week each time, but never needed hospitalization or anything like that.  Both times my whole family caught it but they didn’t show any symptoms.

All restrictions since then have been lifted, there are no mandates, no one uses the application and by all standards things have gone back to normal now.

I haven’t been to the States since then, but look forward to next summer.  I hope everyone made it through all right and took care through out.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Got the latest jab and surprisingly this one hurt the least and nary any lethargy or flu like symptoms. Switched arms this time maybe that might have something to do with it. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

22 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Got the latest jab and surprisingly this one hurt the least and nary any lethargy or flu like symptoms. Switched arms this time maybe that might have something to do with it. 

You sure jump on those shots!  I heard this last Covid booster can affect your golf game, increasing your distances by 20 or more yards.  Enjoy.  I'm gonna wait a bit for my 5th shot.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

My pharmacist tells me they should have the next vaccine available in the next week or so. I'll be one of the first in line.

Enjoy your extra length...

• 2 weeks later...

Current variant in my area seems to be causing limited respiratory symptoms, and most of them upper. I don't think our hospital has any inpatients with COVID pneumonia right now. In fact I think our only COVID inpatients are incidental positives (screening before surgery, etc.). 

My son had it this week and lost his voice for a day, had a headache, and lots of weakness. He was 95% better in 2 days. He had the primary series sort of late in the game, but no boosters. 

I had my last booster (3rd dose overall) 10 months ago. It will be interesting to see if I get any symptoms. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

• 1 month later...

Well, the damned thing finally got me. 

Wednesday I felt like I was hit by a truck. I drank two cups of coffee Wednesday morning. Still felt lethargic. Drank a Bang Energy Drink... then another (yeah, I know.) Still felt tired. 
Took a Covid test. Positive. 

• Wednesday I went to go lay down for an hour about noon. I woke up it was 5PM. Whoops. 
  • Thursday felt tired too, but not as bad as Wednesday.
  • Friday I felt pretty good. 
  • Yesterday, Almost normal
  • Today, I'm pretty much back to normal... Okay normal for me. 

My only symptoms other than fatigue have been a bit of a runny nose and loss of appetite. I'm pretty much all good now. 

In case anyone's wondering I was fully vaccinated. And I was boosted back in late August. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

20 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Wednesday I felt like I was hit by a truck. I drank two cups of coffee Wednesday morning. Still felt lethargic. Drank a Bang Energy Drink... then another (yeah, I know.) Still felt tired. 

• Wednesday I went to go lay down for an hour about noon. I woke up it was 5PM. Whoops. 

My only symptoms other than fatigue have been a bit of a runny nose and loss of appetite. I'm pretty much all good now. 

In case anyone's wondering I was fully vaccinated. And I was boosted back in late August. 

Did you receive any treatments?  Monoclonal antibodies, etc., etc.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Did you receive any treatments?  Monoclonal antibodies, etc., etc.

Other than a couple of Halls menthol drops, literally nothing. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Feel better soon!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave