IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Feel better soon!

Thank you.

And I already do. 

I actually feel fine again. Wednesday was rough. But otherwise it hasn't been too bad. Oddly, the duration for this has been shorter than the average duration for when I get a cold. Definitely more intense than a usual cold, but much shorter duration. ... So, there's that. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Thank you.

And I already do. 

I actually feel fine again. Wednesday was rough. But otherwise it hasn't been too bad. Oddly, the duration for this has been shorter than the average duration for when I get a cold. Definitely more intense than a usual cold, but much shorter duration. ... So, there's that. 

Did you lose your sense of smell, taste, humor?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

My wife and I finally took our Rhine River cruise in late September/early October (long story but 3-years in the making) and brought Covid home with us. Basically felt like a bad cold....and we got the bivalent vaccine 2-weeks before leaving for the trip so fully vaccinated. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

I got my fourth shot (and second booster, the bivalent one of course) on Friday. Couldn't sleep that night (also got smacked in the head by a soccer ball that evening), and felt tired and mildly sore all day Saturday. Slept almost eight hours on Saturday night, and feel fine today.

My wife and I both had COVID in early June or so. We stayed in for a week. I felt okay. A little under the weather for a day or a day and a half. She was a bit worse off than I was. I never tested positive despite three tests. She did instantly on the first day we tested. Like, it lit up immediately.

That's the only reason I waited until now to get my second booster.

Oh, my wife lost her taste for a few weeks. Like literally 2-3.

I'm O+, she's not O. She doesn't know what she is, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Did you lose your sense of smell, taste, humor?

Nope. 
I will say I eat a lot of spicy foods. Hot Wings... I like em hot. I like spicy Chinese food. I like Hot salsa on almost everything. So my taste buds may have already been worn down over the years. But no noticeable difference. 

We can debate sense of humor. ... But I can find at least a half dozen folks who think I'm hilarious. 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I got my fourth shot (and second booster, the bivalent one of course) on Friday. Couldn't sleep that night (also got smacked in the head by a soccer ball that evening), and felt tired and mildly sore all day Saturday. Slept almost eight hours on Saturday night, and feel fine today.

My wife and I both had COVID in early June or so. We stayed in for a week. I felt okay. A little under the weather for a day or a day and a half. She was a bit worse off than I was. I never tested positive despite three tests. She did instantly on the first day we tested. Like, it lit up immediately.

That's the only reason I waited until now to get my second booster.

Oh, my wife lost her taste for a few weeks. Like literally 2-3.

I'm O+, she's not O. She doesn't know what she is, though.

I've had all the shots, been double boosted, I've never had the slightest side effect. Not even a sore arm. I've used the strategy of going straight from getting the vax to the driving range every time. I think it works to prevent sore arm syndrome that others seem to have gotten. .... Of course, I'm no doctor. 

I'm a believer in the vax. I got over this quick. Like I said only one really bad day. Then the duration of the whole thing was shorter than if I caught a cold. I don't have a control group as I'm the only one of me there is, but I think the vax helps. 

23 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I've used the strategy of going straight from getting the vax to the driving range every time.

Same here.  Though I missed it once because of weather, and it was the same.

25 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

... as I'm the only one of me there is...

Thank God...

20 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Thank God...

Yes many have thanked which ever deity they believe in that I am only one of me in existence. 

There have been others who've offered and or threatened to lessen that number by one. Fortunately for me none have yet succeeded. I'm sure when one finally does he shall be wearing a white belt. 

29 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Yes many have thanked which ever deity they believe in that I am only one of me in existence. 

That's funny right there Chet.  I'm thankful for your humor!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

My wife and I have had all the vaccines. The latest only caused us shoulder soreness. All were Moderna. We did get exposed to the virus last August by our neighbor. He and his wife had it and we drove in a car with him the day before he tested positive. Neither of us got it. We did isolate anyway.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Really not enjoying the straw men and bullshit arguments on Twitter about Twitter and the "censoring" of COVID information.

The vaccines were never touted as "stopping" the spread of COVID. The FDA did not say the Pfizer vaccine causes blood clots. And on and on. So many straw men put forth.

And no, just because you're a doctor doesn't mean your opinion is worth listening to.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What drug has zero side effects on the label?

Vaxes are too potent as a political prop to abandon narrative over something as trivial as common sense. Don't see that changing. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

I hope corporate America doesn't look too hard at what Elon Musk did at Twitter by cutting half the staff and still improving Twitter.  

REAL curious what this "improvement" is. The only material change I have seen (same for my friends and associates who use twitter regularly) is the restoration of some prominent people and the ham-handed rollout of Blue.

Edited by bking
typo

Yea, hard to tell if things on Twitter are things I should be concerned about or not. There is not legit new source that is trustworthy anymore, especially something like this. 

In the end, I want to trust the experts who created the vaccine that everything is on the up and up with the whole thing versus those who might have agendas with the process. I understand that some doctors can be skeptics on a product that was pushed through by non-normal situations. 

Some of the things that bothered me were the clear lack of pushing simple things that seemed to have major effects on the mortality rate of COVID-19. Like, those who were hospitalized typically had major deficiencies in Vitamin-D. Vitamin-D is CHEAP! You can get 120 soft-gel capsules (2000 UI) of Vitamin-D for $20. Unless you followed certain people on twitter, which means if you are just lucky, you would never know about this. Example, a person I follow, lucky me. 

This could easily have helped supplement those who didn't want to get the vaccine. Maybe the concern was, if we offer a 2nd option then people will not get the vaccine. I think they could have worded it in a way to make sure the vaccine is a more sure fire thing. Still, it would be nice if there were a list of other things, that the people in leadership could recommend to also help out. I would have liked to see Vitamin-D get some push over having people believe horse tranquilizers worked.

I would grade the vaccine has a major success under the circumstances. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

26 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yea, hard to tell if things on Twitter are things I should be concerned about or not. There is not legit new source that is trustworthy anymore, especially something like this. 

In the end, I want to trust the experts who created the vaccine that everything is on the up and up with the whole thing versus those who might have agendas with the process. I understand that some doctors can be skeptics on a product that was pushed through by non-normal situations. 

Some of the things that bothered me were the clear lack of pushing simple things that seemed to have major effects on the mortality rate of COVID-19. Like, those who were hospitalized typically had major deficiencies in Vitamin-D. Vitamin-D is CHEAP! You can get 120 soft-gel capsules (2000 UI) of Vitamin-D for $20. Unless you followed certain people on twitter, which means if you are just lucky, you would never know about this. Example, a person I follow, lucky me. 

This could easily have helped supplement those who didn't want to get the vaccine. Maybe the concern was, if we offer a 2nd option then people will not get the vaccine. I think they could have worded it in a way to make sure the vaccine is a more sure fire thing. Still, it would be nice if there were a list of other things, that the people in leadership could recommend to also help out. I would have liked to see Vitamin-D get some push over having people believe horse tranquilizers worked.

Really good points. As for the point about Vitamin D and other things that could have helped, I suspect a concern was blunting the message that a worldwide pandemic needed a strong and widespread solution. FAR too many people were already mislead or misinformed about alternative treatments ranging from homeopathic products to animal wormers, and anything that blurred the message might have turned into talking points saying "see, all you need is megadoses of Vitamin D."  

That being said, I wish medical practitioners had taken the opportunity of speaking about those things during their interactions with patients. Hell, even telling patients that cutting down on their pack a day habit might have been good for their lungs, especially with virus going around.  I saw family members of people who have serious respiratory issues going outside the hospital and smoking like a chimney, and knew full well they probably smoke in their house without regard to the at risk relative.

I don't think there are any vaccines for RNA viruses which fully prevent transmission or disease. They are always aiming at a moving target and so the effectiveness varies from season to season. 

There has been abundant quackery and false authority on the COVID 19 issue, in both directions...meaning both overdoing it and underdoing it. There are some limits to how much we can absolutely know about anything...science is science and it works, but you can't do experiments like rewinding time and applying different conditions to exactly the same population, etc. There are many variables and unfortunately our best answers will often not be as certain as we would like them to be. 

Edited by Big Lex

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

On 12/29/2021 at 5:23 PM, iacas said:

keep putting these in my cart but they're duckbill type and they look weird.

As my wife says, nobody looks good in a coffin.  I do not care if I look weird while alive.

I made it over 2 1/2 years with no Covid…..until Thanksgiving 2022.  I had the initial vaccine + 2 boosters.  Was planning to get the third booster but just did not do it. Luckily my case was not sever and I appear to have no lasting side effects.  maybe 3rd booster would have helped, will never know but confident it would not have made things worse.

What I do know is a friend died and another spent nearly 3 months in hospital in 2021.  The “ survivor” has serious long-term complications.  Both were vocal “anti-vax”.  I will get that 3rd booster!

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I would as well.

4 hours ago, bking said:

Really good points. As for the point about Vitamin D and other things that could have helped, I suspect a concern was blunting the message that a worldwide pandemic needed a strong and widespread solution.

I think that's mostly it, yes. I think if you tell people "also, take vitamin D" then many will be like "Oh, look at them pushing big Pharma on us when all we actually need is some vitamin D!"

Vitamin D might also explain why many southern states saw fewer severe cases early on (through the summer).