Jump to content
IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic


iacas

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

My neighbor, who is a scientist at the university, is standing in the street at the back of his SUV disinfecting 5 bags of groceries. He's been out there for a half hour.

He’s got the right idea...leave in the garage for 3 days if you can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just encountered this gentleman, down in the town square, sitting on a bench.  Someone was looking out for him.  (I practiced social distance when I took his photo)

jj donovan.jpg

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The rest of 2020?  Or the rest of the school year?

The school year.

Nobody's deciding things about August except for stuff like the Olympics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

Our governor said the earliest they're going to revisit the issue of schools reopening is April 17th, but I feel that schools will remain closed for the rest of the school year. They're talking about mid-May for the peak of the virus around here, so we'll still be seeing cases into July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is the beginning of this. Right now people are handling this lockdown stuff pretty well, but it's only been a couple of weeks. I'm worried about when people are going to start acting squirrelly. Domestic abuse cases are already on the rise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/30/2020 at 4:47 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Seems like you gotta be half-dead before they'll test you...

Or rich. James Dolan, owner of the Knicks tested positive. This snip from the story concerned me...

The latest big name to register a positive test was New York Knicks owner James Dolan, who is currently not experiencing symptoms according to an announcement from the team

So if he has no symptoms, how/why did he get a test?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

Domestic abuse cases are already on the rise.

Really? I haven't heard that on the news but it makes sense, pinned up all day with someone I'm sure it's bound to happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

48 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Really? I haven't heard that on the news but it makes sense, pinned up all day with someone I'm sure it's bound to happen. 

This is why I’m still going to work even though the boss offered to let me work from home. My wife says that she is working in the flower garden, but it looks like she is digging a shallow grave. 😳

Edited by CarlSpackler
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, CarlSpackler said:

This is why I’m still going to work even though the boss offered to let me work from home. My wife says that she is working in the flower garden, but it looks like she is digging a shallow grave. 😳

ha ha... my wife told me a similar joke like that today.   I think it was a shot across the bow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
COVID-19%20Projections%20OG.png

Explore hospital bed use, need for intensive care beds, and ventilator use due to COVID-19 based on projected deaths for all 50 US states and District of Columbia

This appears to be an interesting site. It shows some fairly optimistic things, it looks like. I'd be surprised if they were true, but… fingers crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, dennyjones said:

ha ha... my wife told me a similar joke like that today.   I think it was a shot across the bow.

At least your wife was joking... 😳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
10 hours ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

So if he has no symptoms, how/why did he get a test?

Umm, he’s rich? Or maybe NYC wanted to make sure he wasn’t Typhoid Mary after being exposed to others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, iacas said:
COVID-19%20Projections%20OG.png

Explore hospital bed use, need for intensive care beds, and ventilator use due to COVID-19 based on projected deaths for all 50 US states and District of Columbia

This appears to be an interesting site. It shows some fairly optimistic things, it looks like. I'd be surprised if they were true, but… fingers crossed.

Thanks for the share.   This is very informative.    It makes us realize we aren't out of the woods yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Thanks for the share.   This is very informative.    It makes us realize we aren't out of the woods yet.

After the daily White House press briefing, it seems like the experts are predicting at least 100K will die from this even with the protective measures in place. I hope not, that is a grim outlook for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...