IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Thanks for the share.   This is very informative.    It makes us realize we aren't out of the woods yet.

Looking at the data models showing the differences in "letting it ride" vs. social distancing controls is very eye opening.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The city of Flint, Michigan just announced a curfew from 9 pm to 6 am for all non-essential people.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

It looks like the US along with other countries are declaring war on the cartels.   They are saying the cartels are trying to take advantage of the pandemic.  

Edited by dennyjones

• Administrator
2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

The city of Flint, Michigan just announced a curfew from 9 pm to 6 am for all non-essential people.

How is that a restriction? Why not make it 7pm to 9am or something?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

It looks like the US along with other countries are declaring war on the cartels.   They are saying the cartels are trying to take advantage of the pandemic.  

Of course they are. A lot of the stimulus money is going to end up in the pockets of drug dealers. 

- Shane

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

How is that a restriction? Why not make it 7pm to 9am or something?

Flint curfew

I can't speak for the mayor but there are still a lot of people ignorant about the virus.

@nevets88, if you see this guy in your neighborhood, leave immediately.

4D52D0B4-AB83-48E1-90BC-21244DE144CA.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Snake Plisken! Yes. But any signs of The Duke around...then call him!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

38 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I'd be more worried about this guy. Lol

PicsArt_09-12-06.18.09.jpg

:ping: G410 Driver/Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56 SM9 :wilsonstaff: 21deg driving iron:scotty_cameron: Newport Special Select 2

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

3 hours ago, snapfade said:

I'd be more worried about this guy. Lol

PicsArt_09-12-06.18.09.jpg

Yes. I would too!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
15 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Flint curfew

I can't speak for the mayor but there are still a lot of people ignorant about the virus.

My point was restricting people from 9pm to 6am isn't really much of a restriction. Why not actually put some teeth in it - what could someone non-essential be doing at 6:15 am that they can't do at 9am?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

My point was restricting people from 9pm to 6am isn't really much of a restriction. Why not actually put some teeth in it - what could someone non-essential be doing at 6:15 am that they can't do at 9am?

I completely agree with you but they were saying there was a lot of inner city young people hanging out at party stores late in the evening.   This curfew really doesn't do much.    Most of the stores including fast food places have changed their hours around here.  

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I completely agree with you but they were saying there was a lot of inner city young people hanging out at party stores late in the evening.   This curfew really doesn't do much.    Most of the stores including fast food places have changed their hours around here.  

Yeah, okay, at least it'll give some teeth to the enforcement of that if it's going on.

106472016-158583981128220200402_world_ma

The virus threatens to spread widely across Africa, where several countries have seen hundreds of positive tests, according to Johns...

So currently, even with China's fake numbers, it appears the mortality rate is about 5%.  That's scary.  

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Random Coronavirus thoughts...

Are we going to do all of this again when the 2nd (mutated) strain of coronavirus (COVID-20?) starts spreading? What about the 3rd... Is this the new normal?

I'm tired of hearing commercials stating that "We are in this together." We should be in this separately, right? Too literal?

If I am going to get COVID-19, assuming that I haven't already, I would rather get it now and get it over with.

- Shane

• Administrator
49661908063_9a9fe00a10_b.jpg

What the media and policymakers are not telling us is that the longer we delay the development of herd immunity, the more high-risk people will die.

1800x1200_medical_equipment_covid19_4_ot

Coronavirus news -- A person's blood type may affect their risk for COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, researchers report.

ingraham-Oskoui.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Dr. Stephen Smith, founder of The Smith Center for Infectious Diseases and Urban Health, said on “The Ingraham Angle” on Wednesday night that he is optimistic about the use of antimalarial medications and antibiotics to treat...

Warning: last site is Fox News, so grain of salt and all that.