Jump to content
IGNORED

Is GAME Golf Officially Dead?


Recommended Posts

  • Administrator
26 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Tag on the app rather than using the device and not sync it before the round starts?

What the other two said. Just use the belt thing to tag your shots. Upload via the app or a computer later.

37 minutes ago, StuM said:

I have not problem with that, All of my drives are 275+ yards, even though the PC says otherwise once I upload the round later in the day. I just do not understand how it gets so many of my drives wrong, and always on the "Short" side.

Ummmmmm…

Gonna assume you’re joking around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Silicone, boys. It’s not just for bathrooms and bimbos anymore.

Gonna close this topic and direct everyone over here instead: Thank you!

Glad to hear.  I know this is odd, but I really want them to succeed so I can continue to use my current tracker.  I know I could buy something new from someone else, but this has worked for me for ne

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

What the other two said. Just use the belt thing to tag your shots. Upload via the app or a computer later.

Ummmmmm…

Gonna assume you’re joking around.

Yes, 100% Sarcasm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

44 minutes ago, StuM said:

I have not problem with that, All of my drives are 275+ yards, even though the PC says otherwise once I upload the round later in the day. I just do not understand how it gets so many of my drives wrong, and always on the "Short" side.

I have the same problem. This thing must need calibrated or something.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I have the same problem. This thing must need calibrated or something.

If you rotate on your left leg and jump up and down saying "mashed potatoes", you can achieve anything!  😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I also had the part of the clip that is supposed to be on the belt break while playing today and at this point I'm wondering since it appears they're in the hole whether they'll be able to do anything for me.  

Doesn't hurt to write and ask.  They sent me a replacement, including a mini screwdriver.  It was a replacement for the belt clip and the part that attached, not an entirely new device.   However, this was... last year I think?  I can check if it's important to you when mine did that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, StuM said:

No, tag on the device on your belt, not the "App".  The original "Classic" did not have Bluetooth and was just the GPS unit that clipped on your belt.  It would not sync to a phone and there was no need to sync the course prior to the round.  Just turn it on and golf, touching each club to the device on your belt before each shot.  It matches the GPS location with a course when uploaded through a PC.  There is zero on course information provided, it just captures the data for later.

 

6 hours ago, klineka said:

No, tag using the device.

This is what I used to do:

Get to the course. turn the device on in the parking lot to make sure it had enough time to connect to GPS, by the time I got to the 1st tee it was ready. Tag all my shots during the round. When I got home, upload to computer, or if I was on a trip and didnt have my computer, upload using the app. I never used the app for tagging or anything else when I was at the course.

 

6 hours ago, iacas said:

What the other two said. Just use the belt thing to tag your shots. Upload via the app or a computer later.

 

Yeah, that's what I do now.  I just realize you could upload from the app if you're tagging the device and not using the app while you play.

4 hours ago, Shindig said:

Doesn't hurt to write and ask.  They sent me a replacement, including a mini screwdriver.  It was a replacement for the belt clip and the part that attached, not an entirely new device.   However, this was... last year I think?  I can check if it's important to you when mine did that. 

Yeah, the clip broke off the device.  The device itself still works.  If it's not too much trouble for you to look I would appreciate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
28 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yeah, the clip broke off the device.  The device itself still works.  If it's not too much trouble for you to look I would appreciate it.

Just write to them. When his broke probably won't matter.

But good luck getting a reply. They're doing a bad job of a lot of things lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

35 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Yeah, the clip broke off the device.  The device itself still works.  If it's not too much trouble for you to look I would appreciate it.

Hopefully you get some assistance... I've been waiting since September of last year for a single replacement tag.

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, iacas said:

Just write to them. When his broke probably won't matter.

But good luck getting a reply. They're doing a bad job of a lot of things lately.

 

32 minutes ago, KoHo said:

Hopefully you get some assistance... I've been waiting since September of last year for a single replacement tag.

You guys are inspiring me.  Haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
17 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

You guys are inspiring me.  Haha

Well it certainly won’t hurt to send them an email. Even if they don’t get back to you, it’s not like it takes that much time to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/20/2020 at 12:58 PM, iacas said:

desk.com doesn't even work, so that's probably not on GAME GOLF. They may have just not replaced that company or the links on their site with something else. 

The email address I have to their support unit is support@gamegolf.desk-mail.com so I hope that still gets to them.

 

And just got a message that the email wasn't delivered.

Edited by RFKFREAK
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
3 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

The email address I have to their support unit is support@gamegolf.desk-mail.com so I hope that still gets to them.

That's not their email address. Pretty sure it's just support@gamegolf.com.

That's likely the auto-generated email from when they were using desk.com.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was responding to support@gamegolf.desk-mail.com when we were discussing my replacement tag, but that was in Sept/Oct of 2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, iacas said:

That's not their email address. Pretty sure it's just support@gamegolf.com.

That's likely the auto-generated email from when they were using desk.com.

Ahh, ok, thanks.  Appreciate it

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/18/2020 at 1:10 PM, klineka said:

No, tag using the device.

This is what I used to do:

Get to the course. turn the device on in the parking lot to make sure it had enough time to connect to GPS, by the time I got to the 1st tee it was ready. Tag all my shots during the round. When I got home, upload to computer, or if I was on a trip and didnt have my computer, upload using the app. I never used the app for tagging or anything else when I was at the course.

That is what I do as I think their app is not very good (18 Birdies in my opinion is better)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used mine for the first time today in about a year, I didn't really run into any issues besides their apple watch app constantly closing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Except that it is.
    • Once enough people decide something is offensive, you either change it or suffer the consequences.  The thing I find most interesting is the campaign it took to slowly drag enough people to that conclusion.  Certain groups have been working on this since 1940s. I remember seeing advertisements in Sports Illustrated from the 1970s that had pennants with alternative racist-slur nicknames for the non-native races. Kind of disappointed I couldn't find a picture of it online.  As recently as 2002, the same magazine ran a story that said over half of Native Americans did not consider the nicknames offensive. It was sort of suggested that the activists weren't necessarily on the same page with the population at large.  It's also sort of fun to look back at all the different sports teams and colleges that have changed their name and/or logo.  Stanford was one of the first, but there have been a number of others that I wasn't aware of.       
    • A group of people incorrectly called an incorrect term for hundreds of years is likely derogatory. to most reasonable people. Not quite the same level but here is another analogy: you work with people at an office and your name is Bob. Your co-workers know your name is Bob, but they only call you Bill. That's demeaning and disrespectful, unless you have consented.   Functionality and common knowledge or usage do not negate the derogatory aspect of words. Black people were called a certain word, it may be construed by some as functional, and everyone knows what it means; but, that does not mean it is acceptable nor does the functionality of the word negate the improperness of the word. The same logic applies here. Please note: I am not going to engage a debate as to the hierarchy of "Indian" and the other, but merely address the underlying reasoning. 
    • Another 3 angler. Currently on LET I think.  
    • When I spoke of a tribe, I was speaking of the use of native peoples' warriors in general. When I said the statement about how the warriors are depicted, I was speaking of the (incorrect) use of the word "Indian," of the sort of silly drawing they use in the team logos, etc.  That said, I still am not totally sure I agree that "Indians" is demeaning. It's inaccurate, but the inaccuracy is not derogatory per se; it's an example of something that is incorrect but functional because everyone knows what it means.  All _that_ said....what matters is not my opinion, but those of the persons being inaccurately referenced, and so I defer to them )
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. chriswuk
      chriswuk
      (30 years old)
    2. Gero
      Gero
      (78 years old)
    3. nettscore
      nettscore
      (50 years old)
    4. RandMart3
      RandMart3
      (69 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...