IGNORED

Graphic - Face Contact Location and Corresponding Strokes Gained

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I never heard of GolfStatsCoach, but then again, I go through so much stuff, I might have posted about it and forgotten about it. This is based on rounds of par or better. I wonder how the dispersion changes say for a 20 handicap? I now see the two other posts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like you are way better off not knowing where you hit it than hitting it fat.

Hosel rockets appear to get the most punishment.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I find it interesting that it appears that the "perfect" strike is where we know it to be (tending to favor toe and high just by a smigden). I thought that high on the face strikes would perform better than ones as they generally have less spin and we know that spin kills distance on driver. Cool graphic though.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Doh, there are two more graphics in the post. If only I paid attention, lol. The other two are for higher handicaps.

Interesting for a 10+ handicap, even if you hit sweetspot, you're already losing strokes. No wonder it's the club I hate so much.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Looks like you are way better off not knowing where you hit it than hitting it fat.

Hosel rockets appear to get the most punishment.

Yep. Data even shows my frustration of golfers whining with their little pushes and pulls that ‘wreck’ their scores. Shut up. Try having the shank as your vastly dominate miss. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I thought it was interesting that shanks effect 73-82 golfers the least and that a scratch golfer loses more strokes from a shank than a mid/high handicap. I figured a scratch would recover better from a shank than others. When I shank a ball, pretty sure it costs me more than -1.13 strokes (guess my shanks are worse than an average shank). Usually a shanked drive for me is lost or OB right, which means I've already lost 2 strokes. Thankfully I only seem to hit shanks when I'm practicing now.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

28 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I thought it was interesting that shanks effect 73-82 golfers the least and that a scratch golfer loses more strokes from a shank than a mid/high handicap. I figured a scratch would recover better from a shank than others. When I shank a ball, pretty sure it costs me more than -1.13 strokes (guess my shanks are worse than an average shank). Usually a shanked drive for me is lost or OB right, which means I've already lost 2 strokes. Thankfully I only seem to hit shanks when I'm practicing now.

In theory there is no such thing as a shanked drive. You have to have a hosel that will interfere with the ball.  Though I defer to Vinsk on this topic.

31 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In theory there is no such thing as a shanked drive. You have to have a hosel that will interfere with the ball.

You'd be correct. The only way to truly shank a driver is to miss the face completely and catch the ball on the edge. Don't ask how I know that.

32 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Though I defer to Vinsk on this topic.

@Vinsk can shank a putter. He's gifted 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

You'd be correct. The only way to truly shank a driver is to miss the face completely and catch the ball on the edge. Don't ask how I know that.

@Vinsk can shank a putter. He's gifted 😜

Yep. Takes enormous talent to get a wear mark like this!A02E68EB-9806-46BB-A493-74FE56647B46.thumb.jpeg.7a474c624e73018af9e9435e3dc18419.jpeg

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yep. Takes enormous talent to get a wear mark like this!A02E68EB-9806-46BB-A493-74FE56647B46.thumb.jpeg.7a474c624e73018af9e9435e3dc18419.jpeg

r/shittysuperpowers

The left-handed club is a nice touch BTW. Bravo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Stick with me here...(all in jest)

This must be from the mirror dimension and if so, the club is right handed and the misses are on the toe!

That's some serious "superpower"

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• nevets88 changed the title to Graphic - Face Contact Location and Corresponding Strokes Gained

Like Bill said...I’m gifted. Gifted like Quasimodo never bumping his head.

• Like 1

I was a bit surprised because when I was watching Erik Anders Lang fit for a Miura golf club the master smith said that the sweet spot is more towards the hosel. 

10 minutes ago, Killa said:

I was a bit surprised because when I was watching Erik Anders Lang fit for a Miura golf club the master smith said that the sweet spot is more towards the hosel. 

If that were true I’d be a +10 hcp.

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

If that were true I’d be a +10 hcp.

maybe it’s true for his clubs? It’s a great film

Note: This thread is 1364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!