IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

... not to mention all those NFL games you're gonna miss.

Football season is my favorite time of the year. All the slow golfers stop showing up on the weekend.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Did y'all just see Rory Sabbatini's four-putt? Tried to be clever, putted the wrong side of the spine (or at least not left enough), then had to tap the ball a foot to get it to get down to where he wanted it to go to begin with.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

49 minutes ago, iacas said:

Did y'all just see Rory Sabbatini's four-putt? Tried to be clever, putted the wrong side of the spine (or at least not left enough), then had to tap the ball a foot to get it to get down to where he wanted it to go to begin with.

My all-time Kafkaesque worst nightmare would find me on a green at Winged Foot putting into eternity.  At least it wouldn't be my other nightmare which is crashing in a plane.  Though both are similar in a "crash & burn" kind of way.

Let's go Rory!!

1 hour ago, Bonvivant said:

Hey! I resemble that remark! Lol. Headed to the course here in a bit so gonna miss a good chunk of the action today.

That's why i played yesterday, so as to not miss today's final round.

I'm also passing on football today but I'm a Jets fan so I'll probably be better off for it and I'll certainly have a day filled with less frustration because of it. :-$

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Those putts rolling back for ZJ and McIlroy remind me of mini golf when you can’t quite get the ball over the hump. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Pretty sure Harris English just got 4-5 minutes search time to look for his ball. When the camera cut to him, there were about a dozen people searching. I forwarded my DVR 3 minutes and they were still looking (although it was called pretty shortly thereafter). But you have to assume he was looking for at least a minute or more when the camera first cut to him.

Aren’t there spotters? I guess with that rough, doesn’t help. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Never know Wolff's swing was so unusual.  That twitch he has to start it is also interesting.  It's def going to distract me as I watch today's final round. 😄

I wish he did that twitch when he putts too!😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Those putts rolling back for ZJ and McIlroy remind me of mini golf when you can’t quite get the ball over the hump. 

Great drive on 1 by Rory and then everything after that has been crap.  Not a good start if he wants to make a run at this championship.

Christian

I love the tree on top of the second green. Any time a tree blocks part of a green I'm fully on board. 

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

All the talk of DeChambeau’s length I think Wolff’s length has gone under the radar. 

Steve

1 minute ago, jamo said:

I love the tree on top of the second green. Any time a tree blocks part of a green I'm fully on board. 

Agreed.

Clutch putts by Xander and Louie.  Agree with whoever said not to sleep on those guys.

But then Bryson with a beautiful approach.

Christian

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

All the talk of DeChambeau’s length I think Wolff’s length has gone under the radar. 

Hicks and Azinger are going to get you for copyright infringement if you say that too loudly.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Everyone making a mess of the first hole and the final pair nail their approaches. 

Steve

That was leffffffft

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 1306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!