IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I enjoyed that Reed and BAD were in the lead after 36 - must've really torqued off the old crotchety types.

Fun tourney.  BAD's putter got hot and he did better out of the rough than most.  Solid major win.  Good for him.  I like that he's trying to think through the approach to the game.  Happy that he's very slightly marginally starting to get a little quicker at it.  Almost there.

Kid still needs some coaching in his interviews - He doesn't need to prove himself in those, just thank the team and let your wins speak for themselves....

If you're gonna be long, you better be accurate.  It's pretty amazing what the long hitters in the game are accomplishing with needing a tighter distribution.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather be 150 from the fairway rather than 80 from 3-6 inch rough.  That takes some serious (insert whatever here) to make that tradeoff flip to the rough.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

58 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I guess a two horse race doesn’t move the needle.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Yeah, no Tiger or other real stars to pull in viewers and up against football - tough sell.

To be honest if I were a fan of any other NFL team besides the Jets, I probably would have switched back and forth.  I'm also not a fantasy person but there's a ton who are who won't be watching golf when they have their fantasy team to worry about or bets to make.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Not a good long term trend.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Not a good long term trend.

Hopefully next year will be back to June and the trend will move back up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Hopefully next year will be back to June and the trend will move back up.

Yeah, this is an asterisk year plus football.

Steve

On 9/19/2020 at 2:17 PM, Chris223 said:

If he wins I’m gonna enjoy those salty tears of yours.  If he doesn’t, so be it.  I don’t hold 7 year grudges on young athletes who display a little overconfidence, even if it comes out as cocky.

Who's holding a grudge?....not me.....good nicknames last a lifetime.

They also made it extremely difficult to watch/find the first days. I didn't get to watch a single minute live, and didn't care to jump trhough hoops to do so. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

How can anyone look at ratings of really anything for 2020? 2020 is a shit-filled dumpster fire. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

33 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

How can anyone look at ratings of really anything for 2020? 2020 is a shit-filled dumpster fire. 

If 25 years from now someone says, "Oh yeah, 2020 was a good year", I'm gonna pop them.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If 25 years from now someone says, "Oh yeah, 2020 was a good year", I'm gonna pop them.

I know the CEO of Purell. He could certainly say — and mean — this. 😛

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I know the CEO of Purell. He could certainly say — and mean — this. 😛

Yes, I should have gone on to say that people who profited this year would probably think of it as a good year... monetarily.  Thinking even Joe Kanfer would have given up profits in exchange for no Covid-19, no pandemic.  Ask him that one day, in a hypothetical way.  I'd be curious about his answer.

Note: This thread is 1280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!