IGNORED

What Are Your 2021 Golf Goals?

Goals for 2021:

Become an avid switch hitting golfer (7 righty clubs/ 7 lefty clubs in the bag)

Experiment with different grips sizes on irons/ woods

See if I can wrangle a 64 degree wedge to my advantage

Get 9 holes in early in the morning before work several times/ week

Use some of the new golf technology/ smart equipment out there.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To live to see 2022.

Having played golf for 30 years now and finally coming into my own after retirement, like everyone else my goals have changed each year. Last year I accomplished something that I thought I wou

Water?!  According to tournaments on TV they don't call it water anymore.  It's a "penalty area".  When I become dehydrated I always go for a glass of penalty area.

Posted Images

Look as if my driving improvement is on track. I hit 6/7 fairways this morning, the other I was barely in the second cut.  Not going to complain about distance, even if the driver I am finding the short stuff with is 20 yards shorter than the driver I was gaming last season. KId pulled an old Ping G400 off the shelf and told me to try it, It works! Very forgiving, and long enough for me.....

Just starting back here in the forum, so setting up my goals for 2021....

1. I would like to break under 80 by the end of the year. My best score is 82 this past January....see my pic below.

2. No more 3 putts.... goal: only one 3 putt per round. Putting stoke and torso improve for lag putting. 

3. settle in to the correct pitch and chip motion. 

4. Driver - Draw and fade on-demand as needed for the course design  

To achieve this....

- I have signed up with Evolvr and working through the Practice Plan drills. 

- 5-7 days per week at the range working on drills. 

- 5-7 days of chip, pitch, and putting at the range and in my personal practice area. 
image.thumb.png.bf72f3629daf32285814d0bddd33ad1a.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Get back in the game after the last few years of letting it languish.
  • Re-establish a handicap index
  • Get handicap back under 20
  • Accept the fact that I’m not in my 30s or 40s anymore

Goals 2021: 

• Stop getting into trouble off the tee, establish confidence in my driver - two way miss
  • Improve long & short iron striking, consistency
  • Improve short game - pitching & chipping (getting closer to the hole, leaving myself to far away on those shots)
  • Know the distance of my clubs
  • Break 90 consistently

• 2 weeks later...

“Consistent” 95 to 98, by this October.  Meaning 10 to 20 (yikes) less strokes at this time. I believe it is possible, through short game and course management  alone.

Just have to define consistent, haha.

Weather permitting, my work schedule allows practice or play 3 to 4 days a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Golf has only restarted recently in Ireland so I have 6 rounds played. Played today and shot an 84 so’ I’m really hoping to

Break 80. (This has been a goal for a while but really feel it’s in reach now)

Shoot 85 or lower consistently.

Get more confident with irons above an 8 iron.

Improve  my short game to have more up n downs

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades