IGNORED

You Can Only Put Two Cars In Your Garage

ChetlovesMer
Note: This thread is 1224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay, this is a topic which I'm sure will be fun to hear the answers from the group of folks here on TST. 

On a conference call yesterday my boss lead off with this ice breaker question: You can only put two cars in your garage. However, let's assume you have unlimited funds. If you can only own two cars which two cars would you own? Remember cost doesn't matter, but you can only own two cars. By the way they don't have to be cars. Trucks, vans, sport utes are also acceptable. No airplanes, helicopters or hover crafts. 

I actually had to go first. Having never though about the question before I went with a Tesla Model S and a Dodge Ram 1500 TRX. --- I was mocked for being a little boring. But, I stand by my answer. 

Okay, so what two cars would you put in your garage? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've already lived thru the sports car phase so I'd want something more practical.   I like your idea of a Tesla Model S.  Since most of our travel is around town, it would work exceptionally well.    I don't like storing golf clubs in the trunk of a car so I'd play the soccer mom and get a new Chrysler Pacifica.   With the Pacifica, when the seats lower, you can carry almost everything you would in a pickup truck.  I can carry my mountain bike, golf clubs, water softener salt and ....  the wife.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Since this is fantasy, I can go against my environmentalist instincts. I'd take a Toyota Landcruiser, and a Porche 911 Carrera 4. Not necessarily late model versions of either.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I need a work van and a family vehicle, so this topic is significantly less fun for me than anticipated.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thinking about it practically/in terms of replacing the current cars we have with dream versions, I would go Audi RSQ8 for the wife to replace her Rav4 Hybrid, and I would go with a 2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance with the Full Self Driving Package and the Acceleration Boost Package to replace my 2019 Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD. I prefer the styling and driving characteristics of the Model 3 over the Model S and the RSQ8 is an absolute beast of an SUV with a 591HP V8.

If practicality didnt matter, I would have to drive each of them and then pick two of the following 4

• Tesla Roadster
  • C8 Corvette Z06
  • Ford GT
  • Porsche GT3RS Weissach package

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

I'm going to assume my daughter is keeping my wife's old CR-V and that doesn't count against me.

I'd probably go with…

• Whatever my wife wanted for her car. Probably a super-luxury mid-size SUV (the size of her Tiguan).
  • A sports car, but one that's still practical. Maybe something like the super-superest version of the 330i. I'd still want to be able to drive up to four people around, and carry a few sets of golf clubs, etc. So not something like a Porsche.

But I'd probably trade my car in every year for something else if money is no object.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:
  • A sports car, but one that's still practical. Maybe something like the super-superest version of the 330i. I'd still want to be able to drive up to four people around, and carry a few sets of golf clubs, etc. So not something like a Porsche.

Probably would be the M3 or if you wanted a bit more space the M5. 

Audi RS5/RS7 Sportback, Mercedes C63 AMG/E63 AMG, Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoligio, even a Dodge Charger Hellcat are a few others that I can think of that would fit 4 people, carry clubs, and still feel like a sports car. I do love the M3 though, I wanted one really bad for the longest time until I sat in/drove one and felt how stiff and uncomfortable it was.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'd still want to be able to drive up to four people around, and carry a few sets of golf clubs, etc. So not something like a Porsche.

I get the feeling you’re not too familiar with Porsche because the Panamera exists. The Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid is the fastest stock production estate car or something.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

I get the feeling you’re not too familiar with Porsche because the Panamera exists. The Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid is the fastest stock production estate car or something.

I'm not too familiar with the trunk space for clubs, but the Taycan is a 4 door Porsche model as well which definitely has the sports car look/feel and the highest trim level, the Taycan Turbo S, has 750hp and a 2.4 second 0-60 which makes it the 3rd quickest car in 0-60 that Car and Driver has ever tested.

A 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. Best car I have ever owned. My wife’s 2006 Mazda Miata convertible or what ever sports car she wants. She’s the car buff in the family.  

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Ducati 

XDiavel Blackstar

and Lamborghini SC20

sc20_og.jpg

The SC20 is the second one-off created by Sant’Agata Bolognese's Motorsport department, after the SC18 Alston unveiled at the World Finals...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, billchao said:

I get the feeling you’re not too familiar with Porsche

Why would I want a tiny car typically driven by those with penis envy that breaks often and is expensive to repair? 🙂

(I knew about the Panamera, but I think they look doofy.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm going to assume my daughter is keeping my wife's old CR-V and that doesn't count against me.

I'd probably go with…

• Whatever my wife wanted for her car. Probably a super-luxury mid-size SUV (the size of her Tiguan).

But I'd probably trade my car in every year for something else if money is no object.

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

A 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. Best car I have ever owned. My wife’s 2006 Mazda Miata convertible or what ever sports car she wants. She’s the car buff in the family.  

Just for the sake of argument, Let's pretend your wife gets her own garage with two cars. @iacas let's suppose your daughter even gets a garage. 

Here's the funny part we did this yesterday on a team phone call and not one of us put a car in the garage for our spouses. I guess we are a bunch of selfish bastards aren't we? 

Lambo huracan and a tesla cybertruck when that arrives. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

3 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Ducati 

spacer.png

XDiavel Blackstar

and Lamborghini SC20

sc20_og.jpg

The SC20 is the second one-off created by Sant’Agata Bolognese's Motorsport department, after the SC18 Alston unveiled at the World Finals...

There you go. Way to dream big. ... and expensive.

Just now, ChetlovesMer said:

Just for the sake of argument, Let's pretend your wife gets her own garage with two cars. @iacas let's suppose your daughter even gets a garage. 

Here's the funny part we did this yesterday on a team phone call and not one of us put a car in the garage for our spouses. I guess we are a bunch of selfish bastards aren't we? 

Ok, then the Jeep and this.

E0297E61-C0F2-4067-82E3-DF39B67E1E9D.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

30 minutes ago, klineka said:

I'm not too familiar with the trunk space for clubs, but the Taycan is a 4 door Porsche model as well which definitely has the sports car look/feel and the highest trim level, the Taycan Turbo S, has 750hp and a 2.4 second 0-60 which makes it the 3rd quickest car in 0-60 that Car and Driver has ever tested.

Taycan is electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

27 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why would I want a tiny car typically driven by those with penis envy that breaks often and is expensive to repair? 🙂

(I knew about the Panamera, but I think they look doofy.)

You owned an Aztek... clearly your judgment in cars is not to be trusted 😃

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!