Jump to content
IGNORED

Tiger Woods in Car Crash in California


Recommended Posts

On 2/27/2021 at 5:53 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

Earlier articles said he hit the median curb, plowed through a wooden "Welcome to Palos Verdes" sign on the median, then hit the curb across the Southbound lane.  Just missed a telephone pole, rolled, hit an 8" diameter tree... came to rest.

I know it's of no consequence, but how the hell can someone not get basic details which are not even part of speculation correct?

(Not saying it was DMM :-))

 

image.jpg

Edited by Shorty
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is St Andrews

Interesting Twitter thread from a doctor:  

What is the point of this?-So it was not an accident even though that is what we call things like this-Auto Accidents? Is anyone else as annoyed by the talking heads worrying or wondering when he

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I know it's of no consequence, but how the hell can someone not get basic details which are not even part of speculation correct?

(Not saying it was DMM :-))

 

image.jpg

Good catch Shorty.  I took my info from Google Maps, Streetview, of the crash site.  Of course, that pic is probably 5 years old and the sign was changed in the interim.  Who woulda guessed???

sign.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0223%2Fr818703_1

Tiger Woods had "successful" follow-up procedures on his injuries Friday morning, according to a...

Talus break. Not good.

 

  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
6 minutes ago, iacas said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0223%2Fr818703_1

Tiger Woods had "successful" follow-up procedures on his injuries...

Talus break. Not good.

 

Yeah, being in orthopedic surgery, I was totally ok with the tibial rod, and I would’ve been fine with a femoral rod, but when they released that his ankle joint was involved and he had pins in the foot, prognosis for sports goes way down. 😩

  • Informative 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Yeah, being in orthopedic surgery, I was totally ok with the tibial rod, and I would’ve been fine with a femoral rod, but when they released that his ankle joint was involved and he had pins in the foot, prognosis for sports goes way down. 😩

It was the ankle injury, not even knowing any of the details, which tempered my very modest optimism based on Alex Smith's similar leg injury.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
10 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Yeah, being in orthopedic surgery, I was totally ok with the tibial rod, and I would’ve been fine with a femoral rod, but when they released that his ankle joint was involved and he had pins in the foot, prognosis for sports goes way down. 😩

But it’s his right ankle that was injured, correct? If it was his left, wouldn’t it be more of an issue for a right handed golfer? Erik would know more than I.

I’ve had three surgeries on my left leg and tore ligaments/broke my left ankle twice. It’s taken a beating and I still feel the effects when I swing. I have chondromalacia in my right knee, and other than aching at times, it don’t feel any effects when I swing.

11 hours ago, iacas said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0223%2Fr818703_1

Tiger Woods had "successful" follow-up procedures on his injuries Friday morning, according to a...

Talus break. Not good.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

But it’s his right ankle that was injured, correct? If it was his left, wouldn’t it be more of an issue for a right handed golfer? Erik would know more than I.

I’ve had three surgeries on my left leg and tore ligaments/broke my left ankle twice. It’s taken a beating and I still feel the effects when I swing. I have chondromalacia in my right knee, and other than aching at times, it don’t feel any effects when I swing.

 

So you’re right, had it been the left side that was involved, it would be even worse in my estimation. But, in my anecdotal experience, people that have any sort of intra-articular fracture of the talus tend to subsequently have disproportionately higher levels chronic problems with pain and function as compared to isolated medial/lateral or bimallelolar fractures. But we can certainly keep faith alive:

  1. That article doesn’t share the extent of injury to the talus or whether or not the fracture was involving the joint surface (it’s possible to have dorsal side avulsions off the talar head which are generally benign
  2. we are obviously all speculating as none of us have the crystal ball, and Tiger, while always aging like the rest of us, is clearly unlike us with his access to the very best of treatment options that most people would not have under standard health insurance benefit restrictions (example: most health insurance carriers won’t cover bone stimulators unless it’s been 90 days s/p injury, but I’d be surprised if Tiger isn’t going to be using them by week 2-3. When I was at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, we were using them on simple stress fractures as soon as it was definitely diagnosed as money was no object.)

Tiger is human, but in many ways, Tiger is superhuman...I mean only a tiny percentage of guys on Tour ever get a win, and of that subset, only a tiny percentage win a Major, and of that subset, only a few win a Masters; Tiger won a Masters at 43 (?) and after numerous surgeries...he’s still superhuman in my book. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 weeks later...

This isn't much of an article. One thing I don't like about this article is it just says "Forensic Experts", doesn't actually mention any of them in particular or give a quote from one. 
What do you think? Did Tiger get "special" treatment? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/the-investigation-of-tiger-woods-car-accident-is-facing-criticism/ar-BB1eBzvK?ocid=msedgntp

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
5 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

This isn't much of an article. One thing I don't like about this article is it just says "Forensic Experts", doesn't actually mention any of them in particular or give a quote from one. 
What do you think? Did Tiger get "special" treatment? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/the-investigation-of-tiger-woods-car-accident-is-facing-criticism/ar-BB1eBzvK?ocid=msedgntp

The underlying article in USA Today is linked in the article you posted, and it does name a couple of the experts.  And its certainly possible that Tiger has received some degree of preferential treatment, I don't think that's uncommon for celebrities.  Of course, its also possible that the authorities simply haven't released all of the available information at this time.  I simply don't know, and the "forensics experts" don't know either, they're speculating.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The underlying article in USA Today is linked in the article you posted, and it does name a couple of the experts.  And its certainly possible that Tiger has received some degree of preferential treatment, I don't think that's uncommon for celebrities.  Of course, its also possible that the authorities simply haven't released all of the available information at this time.  I simply don't know, and the "forensics experts" don't know either, they're speculating.   

I would add the opposite. If this was my accident, that didn’t involve any other cars or people, they would have filed it already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, nevets88 said:

Locals always gonna local.Resident suggests a different route.

 

I played that back a little. It is actually kind of humorous. The lady says "golfers just whack the ball, they don't need their lower body, just their arms". And then goes on to suggest that, because of the safety features that probably saved his life, Hyundai should make a commercial, "It's good enough for Tiger Woods, it's good enough for you."

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I would add the opposite. If this was my accident, that didn’t involve any other cars or people, they would have filed it already. 

I think I agree with you. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...