Ceej

What are you listening to?

3,140 posts in this topic Last Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Kevin Fowler - Beer, Bait & Ammo

Which was preceded by
Brian Burns - Thunderstorms & Tyler Roses
Jimmy Buffett - Grapefruit Juicy Fruit (<----- Any Parrotheads here?)
Drowning Pool - Soldiers

I love having shuffle on my mp3 player.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • From an aesthetic pov relative to others the look of the swing, at least to me, it looks the smoothest compared to long hitters. Kind of like in tennis there are some players that underachieve but I will go out of my way to watch them play because their groundstrokes is like art in motion. Look at that lead wrist. Bow city.  
    • Golf Hitting mats - turf compromise Lots of discussions regarding hitting off mats vs turf. Many believe hitting off mats gives false feedback owing to bounce off the mat among other things. I have been using mats for years with little ill effects with the caveat that it sometimes requires a little adjustment going from mat to the course. My backyard consists of artificial turf that is very close to natural grass and many have been hard pressed to tell the difference. (photos above earlier in the thread showing my labor and results). I have lately been hitting off my "turf" with good results, but it does leave a little green residue on the soles of clubs, nothing a little squirt of simple green or fabulouso doesn't take care of.  As far as damage to the turf, I have not really seen any, but not enough repetition to make a final judgement. I will say, I can tell no "feel" difference between my turf and the real thing.  
    • Hit some balls today. Wasn't working on anything in particular, just focused on good (not thinned, toed, etc.) contact. Mixed results. Decided to do the old gate drill with some twigs I happened to have laying around and was hitting the ball well every time. Odd. I didn't change any feels or anything. It was just hit ball, try not to hit sticks. Anyway, videos:   It wasn't nearly nice enough outside to practice with no jacket. I took it off for the camera like a pro 
    • When out traveling around in our rv, I tend to focus on golf. Playing courses where I find them. My wife is more of a sightseeing, photo buff. However, she does play her own version of the golf game, and of course I own a camera too.  On our trips we meet new folks all the time. Most are met when we pull into RV court, we have neighbors. I meet new folks at the golf course, and smetimes those golfers are fellow RVers Such was the case yesterday. My neighbor saw me cleaning my clubs, and came over to chat about golf equipment and the game in general.  At one time he was an avid golfer. Said he never made it to a low, single digit handicap, but developed a respectful love of the game.  His playing days are now over due physical issues due to diabetes.  As we were talking, he asked me how old my clubs were. I told him this particular set of irons were around 20 odd years old. He remarked that I had taken good care of them. At that point he asked me if I knew anyone who could use an old set of Pings, as he no longer had any use for them. I told him not off hand, but I generally donate older golf equipment to the juvenile diabetes foundation. He said good deal and gave his set of Pings. He went on to tell me he got these Ping irons used, 40 some years ago. I told him I would give them to the JDF in his name. We ended our conversation with a hand shake, and a ttyl. When I finished cleaning my clubs, I check out his bag of clubs. Turns out these irons are Karsten 1 Irons. Although they look well used, these are some what of a rare set of irons. I figured I better go tell him what he was giving away, that he might want to do something else with them on his own. He told me to keep them, and to find them a good home. His wife even expressed to me, her agreement with his wishes.  I exchanged phone numbers, and emails with him. Told him I would let him know about his clubs.  Heading back to my own digs, I kind felt sorry for this man. Giving up his golf clubs, since he can no longer use them. Pretty tough decision on his part.   
    • Keys 1 and 4. Hips back head steady, arms higher from 2. Old school lift lead foot push down. A little less old man finish looking.  
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Pat
      Pat
      (54 years old)
    2. shep3368
      shep3368
      (36 years old)
    3. trebor549
      trebor549
      (71 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...