IGNORED

Game Golf Past and Present (June 2021)

iacas

16 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

The biggest weakness of Game Golf for me was the lack of detail in the Strokes Gained area. Just from that quote, I don't know exactly what that includes.

I have a shotscope watch, and I am interested in the non-watch unit. The latest version of the watch is not as bulky as the original, but I don't like the watch band because it constantly pops loose, and it can't be changed because the RFID antenna is integrated into the band. I can share some screenshots from the app (as far as I know, no SG on their web interface) that show the strokes gained analysis if you want to see how the data is presented.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm going to give up on GG this year.  Just plugged in my device to charge it and cannot log on.  I know I have the correct password but tried the password reset and it will not even send me the email to reset the password.  I'm tiered of the on-again-off-again functionality.  

If anyone is interested I have a complete set of GG tags (and a couple extras) and two GG Classic devices (both with broken belt clips) available for sale @ $.01 + Shipping & Handling.  No warranty, No returns, Cash Only.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

6 hours ago, StuM said:

I'm going to give up on GG this year.  Just plugged in my device to charge it and cannot log on.  I know I have the correct password but tried the password reset and it will not even send me the email to reset the password.  I'm tiered of the on-again-off-again functionality.  

If anyone is interested I have a complete set of GG tags (and a couple extras) and two GG Classic devices (both with broken belt clips) available for sale @ $.01 + Shipping & Handling.  No warranty, No returns, Cash Only.

I might take you up on the tags...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 4 weeks later...

I finally pulled the plug and took the tags off my clubs. Just not worth the hassle to me anymore. I'm going to go naked for a while and see what I think. Might get the Shot Scope thing, might not. Right now, I'm thinking of ways to do some sort of stats tracking that will be useful to me. I'll probably post about it my my swing thread, if anyone wants to follow that.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I finally pulled the plug and took the tags off my clubs. Just not worth the hassle to me anymore. I'm going to go naked for a while and see what I think. Might get the Shot Scope thing, might not. Right now, I'm thinking of ways to do some sort of stats tracking that will be useful to me. I'll probably post about it my my swing thread, if anyone wants to follow that.

@billchao and I are going to review the H4. We just got ours to test.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

@billchao and I are going to review the H4. We just got ours to test.

I bought one, and will be contributing a bit, too.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I think I am ready for the next item.  At the course I play the most, holes 16 and 17 have two non-connected greens that are each in use.  GameGolf seems to alternate whether it even recognizes one or the other as being "on green."  The feature used to work quite well.  I've played probably between 50 and 100 rounds at that course using the GG and other than the first time back in 2016, it wasn't an issue.  Now it has been twice in a row.  

I think I was the last one here giving them a chance, but now I'm more or less done with them. :-(  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 4 weeks later...

As I am waiting for my Shot Scope to arrive I figured I would take GG out for a final round.  Its been so long since it worked that I:

1.  Forgot to turn it on until after my 2nd tee shot
  2. Kept forgetting to tag shots
  3. Forgot to turn it off after the round.

In the end it uploaded (1st successful upload since last season), and overall worked including the editing to fix the missed tags.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• 6 months later...
  • Administrator

Tough to believe they still have much of an audience at this point.

I'm fully on board with ShotScope, and think many are here (use the links in the sidebar!). So much better.

Due to our Classic users being a part of the first-generation platform, the original technology developed will no longer be supported in terms of hardware replacements and software updates. While new rounds going forward may be able to be uploaded from your Classic device onto the new platform, there is no guarantee that this will happen, and therefore any new rounds may be lost. However, thanks to our team of top developers, Classic users will not lose any of the data previously uploaded into the system. Your old data and stats will be saved and seamlessly integrated with any new data uploaded into the new version of Game Golf.

In March 2023 we will be launching a new product, Game Golf KZN.  This device has automatic shot detection, i.e., no requirement to tag your shot. Game Golf KZN will have an updated pricing structure, incorporating an annual subscription, making Game Golf the most affordable and technically advanced system in the space elevating the user experience across the board. We can’t wait for you to use it!

We very much value your loyalty and business. As a Classic user, you have been with us since the beginning, and we want to make this transition to a new device for you as smooth and cost effective as possible. Once Game Golf KZN is launched, Game Golf would like to offer you 3 months subscription free ($29.97 saving) and a discounted price of $124.99 for KZN ($25.00 savings), for an all-inclusive price of $244.87 for the first 15 months of use of KZN on our new platform. We will send you a further email over the coming weeks which will set out the steps to be taken by you to avail of this exclusive offer to our Classic users.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to Game Golf Past and Present (June 2021)

I got that e-mail this morning, too. I don't see any reason to switch back to Game Golf. I'm getting what I want from Shot Scope without a subscription fee right now. And Scot Scope's data is better for me than Game Golf's because it can get way more granular. 

Game Golf better be adding a lot of features/analysis if they are going to a subscription model. I don't see how it will be worth $10 a month without significant upgrades.

-- Daniel

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I got that e-mail this morning, too. I don't see any reason to switch back to Game Golf. I'm getting what I want from Shot Scope without a subscription fee right now. And Scot Scope's data is better for me than Game Golf's because it can get way more granular. 

Game Golf better be adding a lot of features/analysis if they are going to a subscription model. I don't see how it will be worth $10 a month without significant upgrades.

We've always suggested this model to them, but WITH a LOT more data.

Good luck with that. I just don't see it happening, and I don't know how many customers haven't moved on.

It's been, what, five years of shit from them?

More?

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I'm fully on board with ShotScope, and think many are here (use the links in the sidebar!). So much better.

Clicked! 😉 

I will have to check this out. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

We recently sent you an update detailing the exciting changes coming to Game Golf. Our new Game Golf KZN GPS Shot Tracking platform is comprised of a medallion and 14 club tags that automatically detect and track your shots - enabling deep-dive review and analysis of your game on our fresh, more visual, gamified and user-friendly dashboard. It automatically detects shots without you needing to tag your shots, as you would with your current Game Golf device.

Game Golf has successfully completed a major upgrade of the technology infrastructure that powers the Game Golf platform. This new platform will not operationally be able to support Classic and Live devices in terms of access and software updates. Unfortunately, this means that all Classic and Live Users, who are a part of the first-generation platform, will no longer be able to gain access to our second-generation platform, and will need to upgrade to GAME GOLF KZN, in order to maintain access to their Game Golf round and shot data and the system’s full range of features.

As an appreciation of the support of our loyal Classic and Live users, we will continue to operate the old first-generation platform on a limited basis until June 30, 2023.  After that date, we will take this platform down and you will no longer be able to use your current device to record rounds or gain access to your data and stats. However, data and stats will be saved to our new platform and available for use through our new Game Golf KZN device. 

In further recognition of your loyalty and support we’re making you a limited offer to acquire a Game Golf KZN device at a discounted price of $219.99, representing a savings of $50.00 on the regular price of $269.99. This offer is available until June 30, 2023.  The offer includes a KZN device plus a one-year free membership to our Game Golf platform, which features our digital Game Golf Smart Caddie that, in real-time, recommends club use and hole strategy based on your personal history and performance while you’re out on the course. The annual membership thereafter on renewal will be $119.88.

Whatever.

• Booooooooo 1

“Wanna see your rounds again? Send us the money. Non-sequential bills. We see any cops around, my friend here has a twitchy finger on the delete button.”

• Funny 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Yeah, I was hanging onto my live device, but it’s probably time to toss it. 

Is there a way to download my data from GG? I think the answer is no, but wanted to see if anyone has looked into it. 

-- Daniel

• Administrator
7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Yeah, I was hanging onto my live device, but it’s probably time to toss it. 

Is there a way to download my data from GG? I think the answer is no, but wanted to see if anyone has looked into it. 

I wish they’d let you but what’s their Incentive?

I’ve been done with GG for a while. The H4 is better in almost every way.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread