IGNORED

2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines

nevets88

15 hours ago, Vinsk said:

The last thing I’d want is to have Bryson and BK paired on Sunday for the win. I certainly don’t want either of them to win. And it’s not like an MMA or boxing match. Just a couple of whiners who don’t like each other. I’d much rather see BK have a good lead then lose it spectacularly. I’d also like to see Finau finally win. Of course it’d be epic if Phil was leading on Sunday….but that’s not gonna happen. Spieth…another good one. But BK and Bryson? Meh.

Agreed. The problem with Bryson versus Brooks is that they are both heels to a degree. You need a face to go up against a heel, like Spieth or Rory paired with Patrick Reed in the final group on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I had a hard time walking DOWN stairs. It might take 30 seconds. It was awkward AF.

It's certainly a popular cliche these days, but nonetheless I'll say it: I felt that (phantom pains in my legs).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

When I first started running my calves and ankles were so screwed up, so sore, so stiff… I had a hard time walking DOWN stairs. It might take 30 seconds. It was awkward AF.

This is why i can't run on concrete. My legs just get destroyed. Knees hurt, calf and thigh muscles will ache for days. Treadmill, not nearly as much. 

I know we’re not even through the first day yet and that the guys playing well right now had favorable conditions this morning (softer greens), but the scoring right now makes me wonder a few things:

- is this Torrey is as hard as Torrey back in ‘08?

- are the guys that much better nowadays?

- has equipment had something to do with it?

- a combination of all the above? 

- none of the above? 

Im happy we arent talking about a  bunch of pitch and  putt par 5's and driveable  par 4's. I  have a feeling par will be a good score when its  over. Koepka  did  fine. Hope  Bubba watson gets  under  par.

Edited by jxdama

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Get a new schtick man.

Hard to do. With the equipment  like  it  is  now. Courses should  be at  least 7800 yards. I did forget to mention Rahm. My num 3 choice.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:36 PM, iacas said:

Phil ain't winning this thing, guys. C'mon now…

Draft Kings is so nice, They are offering me $0.012 for each dollar to exit my bet.  Only a 98.8% loss if I cashed out.  Should I double down?  😜

Helicopter got pretty close to the shore there.

Better stocked than a big box store.

Watch out for the monsters in the mist - I saw it in a movie.

1 hour ago, jxdama said:

Hard to do. With the equipment  like  it  is  now. Courses should  be at  least 7800 yards. I did forget to mention Rahm. My num 3 choice.

We have one like that around here.  It certainly feels like it's 7800 yards from the clubhouse to the practice tee.  

I find NBC’s 4D feature underwhelming. There’s a drop in resolution and fps. All those cameras I wonder if it takes away viewing room from fans. 

Anyone know why so many pro golfers are endorsed by software companies - supply chain, HR, CRM, ERP, etc… ?

11 hours ago, ncates00 said:

I know we’re not even through the first day yet and that the guys playing well right now had favorable conditions this morning (softer greens), but the scoring right now makes me wonder a few things:

- is this Torrey is as hard as Torrey back in ‘08?

- are the guys that much better nowadays?

- has equipment had something to do with it?

- a combination of all the above? 

- none of the above? 

Good greens, perfect weather for golf. Even then -1 gets a tie for 11th. If you add 10mph on to the breeze then par becomes a very good score. I watched about 2 hours early and an hour late on and the quality of golf today was great. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.