IGNORED

Cleveland Guardians

iacas

7 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

I tried to get into football a few years ago, but I just can't keep up any conversation about the endless stats that people cite.   Also, I can't stand the way that the clock stops every 6 seconds near the end of the game.  This makes the last 3 minutes of game time be like 30 minutes.  At least to me.

I highly suggest you stay away from watching NBA games then.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, chspeed said:

The letter with the wings looks pretty close to me.

But they have pretty good documentation of exactly where it came from:

GettyImages-1046348822.jpg

The Cleveland are being renamed the Guardians after a set of monumental Art Deco statues on a bridge near the stadium.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, chspeed said:

Man, this team's lawyers must be busy.

Cleveland changes MLB team nickname to Guardians after months of discussion  | CBC Sports

Anaheim Svg Vector Freebie - Anaheim Angels Old Logo Clipart (#1984719) -  PinClipart

Old Angels logo

The "G" logo reminds me of the wings on Mercury's shoes:

Winged_Shoe-512.png

Edited by Zippo

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
    • The greens were very slow when we played, so it was not an issue. 
    • Keuka Lake / Finger Lakes area. Maybe there’d be enough interest in a western NY meetup sometime in August.
    • Welcome to TST.  Congratulations on breaking 80.  I wish you many rounds in the 70s!
    • I don't really know your handicap, and this may affect things.  My advice if I were a caddy for a professional might differ. * Opponent is OB is great, but I think the right play in the first situation is to hit the longest shot you can keep in play, just as if you were getting two strokes here.  Can you keep your driver likely in play?  If so, hit it.  I am not a believer that fairway woods off the tee are more accurate anyway, at least for our level.  And at my handicap, trying something like "hit 5-iron, 7-iron" to imitate a long drive is just as likely to mess up. But I'm a generally accurate driver, particularly for my handicap. * Go for the safe target.  Opponents are likely to make par and unless you're dormie or near dormie, you don't need to win this hole.    No one at any level really makes 20 footers with any regularity anyway. * Accurate hitter goes first.  Once they are safely in play, again hitting the longest club they can likely get into play, then the bomber can go for it.  If not, the bomber has to put one in play.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Daniel-J
      Daniel-J
      (32 years old)
    2. internal911
      internal911
      (42 years old)
    3. ipadair
      ipadair
      (11 years old)
    4. jwsmith6
      jwsmith6
      (34 years old)
    5. nigel
      nigel
      (64 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...