IGNORED

What Do You Do for a Living?

iacas

1 hour ago, HooshnOhio said:

I work for an Insurance Carrier in Ohio.Β I am a regional sales managerΒ calling on our appointed independent insurance agencies in an effort to get them to writeΒ more business with us.

Welcome! I think @saevel25Β is either a member at, or just plays a bunch at Firestone. I grew up about 10 minutes north of Akron as well.Β We had a member outing this past August in the Columbus area, I'm sure we will probably have another one somewhere either central Ohio or maybe Northeastern Ohio in the spring.Β 

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:Β Β :cobra:Β Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons:Β :tmade:Β P770 (4-PW)
Wedges:Β :callaway:Β MD3 50Β  Β MD5 54 58Β degreeΒ Β 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β  White Hot RX #1
Ball:Β :srixon:Β Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

I'm aΒ high school math teacher turned lawyer turned math tutor... now it's a perfect life!

Barbara

www.golfgirl.netΒ 

I work in a hospital laboratory as a Medical Technologist. Our primary role is to perform tests with body fluids or other materials which assist in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of disease.

Marketing Communications writer/consultant, published novelist and blogger.

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner driver 10.5* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX Reg
Mizuno MX-23 4-PW Reg Steel
Mizuno MP Series forged wedges 52, 56, 60
Putter: Β Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" -- Β Ball: Snell MTB Black

Retired since 2005.Β  Formerly CEO of Omega Performance, an international training company specializing in training for commercial bankers, previously VP of AchieveGlobal one of the largest training companies in the world at that time.

• 2 months later...

Hi again y'all -Β 

I posted to this thread a couple of years ago but have since sold my residential Kitchen & Bathroom remodeling business and am now excited to be combiningΒ my passions for residential design, construction,Β and golf by opening a Tour Greens dealership in Dallas/Ft. Worth (North Texas). We're part of a team that has specialized in building residential/community size practice greens. Putting greens, short-game facilities (up to +/- 90 yards) and even Par-3 facilities with synthetic surfaces capable of receiving shots up to 200 yards since 1996.

Β 

:ping:Β  Β Ping G30 - DriverΒ  Β  Β  Β 

Ping G Series - 3w &Β 5wΒ 

Ping G5 - 7w &Β 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52*, 56*, 60*

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch putter

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, cosbornballboy said:

I'm a high school student right now, I play for the football team and the golf team. My pride and joy, though, is that I am captain of the debate team

Welcome! You should fit in nicely here, most of the discussions here turn into debates, some can get quite heated

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:Β Β :cobra:Β Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons:Β :tmade:Β P770 (4-PW)
Wedges:Β :callaway:Β MD3 50Β  Β MD5 54 58Β degreeΒ Β 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β  White Hot RX #1
Ball:Β :srixon:Β Z Star XV

Hmmm...

1) US Coast Guard, Yeoman First Class (E-6), and I retired after a very nice career.Β  To be honest (all veterans would understand), I got a little tired of trying and trying and trying to make Chief (E-7), so as the saying goes, I threw in the towel and retired anyway.

2) Unix systems administrator and then a database administrator.

<disclaimer>
I don't want to say anything wrong, but as you have all heard the horror stories of I.T. guys from back in the day...Β  I too fell victim to the widespread "I.T. downsizing / job went overseas" scenario.Β  I tried and tried to get back into I.T. and was viewed as too old, too outdated, a dinosaur, etc...Β 
</disclaimer>

3) Which leads me to my present job:Β  I thumbed my nose at the I.T. industry,Β took a complete 180Β° turn, and got my CDL class B.Β  IΒ went to the county public schools, and became a school bus driver.Β  It's a steady job and the hours are great.Β  It's not for everyone - having to put up with 62 rambunctious elementary school kids on a bus - but it's a job and the benefits package makes it worth it.Β  The pay is not great, and is a SERIOUS financial difference, coming from the I.T. industry, as you could imagine!Β  But with a little juggling, refi the house, pay this off, pay that off, etc... we're doing okay...

Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

:cobra:Β --- older model 454 Comp, 10.5Β° face, reg shaft.
:ping:Β --- old, classic set of i3+ irons, 3W, 5W, 21Β° Hybrid, etc...
:odyssey:--- an old DF550 blade putter that I just can't part with!
:titleist:Β --- NXT Tour, DT Tru Soft, and a few prized Pro-V1'sΒ 

Β