IGNORED

Brooks Koepka Joins Team Srixon. Is This News?

ChetlovesMer

Srixon provides award-winning equipment that performs under the toughest of circumstances. Our tour staff trusts the reliable performance of Srixon products to help elevate their game to the highest levels.

Looks like Brooks just joined Team Srixon. Is this news? Does it matter? 

What do you all think? 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think it’s great! But that’s me being on staff with them too. 

Honestly, the clubs and balls have been killing it the last couple years. The ZX series of clubs are great across the board. Srixon/Cleveland has been a big seller in Asia but it’s always been somewhat smaller in the US. To get Koepka to sign on, imo, is huge for the company. Especially with all the attention of Brooks/Bryson. He’s obviously very vocal on social media. So it should give a well deserved boost. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Srixon provides award-winning equipment that performs under the toughest of circumstances. Our tour staff trusts the reliable performance of Srixon products to help elevate their game to the highest levels.

What do you all think? 

I will now have to rethink all my life’s choices.😜

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

What do you all think? 

I really couldn't care less about anything Brooks Koepka does. However, I play Srixon ZX5 irons and Cleveland wedges, and I think they are great clubs. I won't go as far as saying this validates my opinion, because it doesn't, but I think Srixon is a good manufacturer that maybe doesn't get as much hype as other club brands.

Brooks was already playing ZX7 irons, and looks like he'll put a ZX5 driver and Zipcore wedges in his bag.

I always assumed Brooks was a Nike athlete based on his clothing, so I guess he won't have a Srixon hat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 7:26 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

What do you all think? 

Before I answer I want to hear what Bryson has to say about it!  :whistle:

On 11/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, Darkfrog said:

I'm a big fan of his golf game when he's in his best form.

Brooks Koepka the personality, not really.

I have to admit, I kind of like him. He and BDC both have their flaws; That's for certain. But I think they are both good for the game. 

I think its news and he gives some star power to the Srixon/Cleveland line-up. Maybe Srixon will sell some drivers and balls. Beyond that, I don't have much else to say about it. 

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

It's news as in I don't know if any top tier US player up until now that's a Srixon staffer. 

Hideki, or you mean American player?

Edited by Vinsk

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Hideki, or you mean American player?

US player... so Hideki doesn't count. I know Srixon has a lot of Asian and European staffers. Very popular in those continents. 

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

It's news as in I don't know if any top tier US player up until now that's a Srixon staffer. 

Cameron Champ is listed on the website as part of "team Srixon", but I think he only uses a Srixon ball. Also wouldn't say he is in the "top tier" of US players yet either.

Srixon provides award-winning equipment that performs under the toughest of circumstances...

They have a decent crop of players. It’s growing for sure. Their irons have been very highly rayed last couple years. 

On 11/22/2021 at 8:51 AM, Darkfrog said:

always assumed Brooks was a Nike athlete based on his clothing, so I guess he won't have a Srixon hat.

I'm biased as a Nike employee, but I hope he stays with Nike for footwear/apparel! "It's fashion bro." 😁👟