IGNORED

2022 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

Had three good chances at birdie today but only made one. #1 at Green Knoll. Went driver - 3w to the left side fringe. Left the eagle attempt 6' short but made the birdie putt. Missed 8 footers on #5 and #7 today.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Birdied 18 at Whispering Woods today after:

• Didn't play the tenth (took a par for GHIN).
  • Missing a 15-footer on 11.
  • Missing a 20-footer on 12.
  • Missing a chip-in on 13 (tap-in par).
  • Missing a 25-footer on 14.
  • Missing a 10-footer on 15.
  • Missing a 10-footer on 16.
  • Missing a 20-footer on 17.

(To be fair [or make an excuse] I didn't warmup putt, and the greens were slow because of the heat, so I kept over-reading the break on the putts.) I hit almost every putt just about how I wanted.

The putt on 18 was about 20 feet. I drove it through the fairway and the ball was about 18" above my feet. I told my playing partner how weirdly good I am from those types of lies. It was also about 10 yards farther than I typically hit the club I used.

Hit it to 20 feet dead online, and he was putting about ten feet behind the hole (he'd already putted out, was just hitting another putt) so I asked him to stop because I wanted to get ONE birdie out of the round. So I'm glad I did.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Positive - I had 8 birdies in my club championship over the weekend (4 new ones this year).

Negative - I doubled hole 18 today when a par would have tied me for first and put me in a playoff for the title. Ugh...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Big C said:

Positive - I had 8 birdies in my club championship over the weekend (4 new ones this year).

Negative - I doubled hole 18 today when a par would have tied me for first and put me in a playoff for the title. Ugh...

Oh man.

But sounds like you played well overall?

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

Oh man.

But sounds like you played well overall?

I did. 10 GIR on both days. Were it not for a couple blowup holes (two triples in addition the aforementioned closing double), I would have won easily. I need to find a way to get rid of the big numbers….

• Like 1

Two more today, the 3rd and 4th holes. A par 4 and a par 3, I was 3 over on the front 9 and ended up 12 over. I didnt play particularly well but thats two more off the list. 

Made a sweet birdie on 6 today. Went driver, 3-wood, to about 8 feet. Just missed the eagle putt. Easy stress-free tap in birdie. 

Oddly, it was one of only 2 holes that I scored well on all night. I say oddly, because I hit the ball very well today. Just nothing other than this birdie went right. Just one of those days I guess. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.