IGNORED

2022 Tournament of Champions

iacas
Note: This thread is 829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Ha ha ha.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

WOW.... that's scary.    I'm glad he's on the road to a recovery.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Holy s***. What a nightmare! Sounds like he's lucky to be alive. I went to UW-madison, and was in the hospital there for some tests at one point. That place is one of the top university hospitals in the country, so I'm sure he got the best care possible.

Funny thread is it a Koepka or Stricker thread? If it’s about the shot off #11 par 3 we’ll it looks like it landed down by shipwreck beach, lanai but don’t think he hit it 12 miles. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Cam Smith is absolutely destroying the course this week, -26 through 3 rounds! Saturday was certainly moving day with JT leading the way, shooting the new course record, 61. Hopefully Sunday keeps it exciting! Who said having a field go lights out on a tough course was not fun to watch?

Edit - I believe Ernie Els holds the PGA Tour’s lowest 72 hole score to par of -31 at this tournament. If Cam keeps steady, he definitely has a chance!

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

18 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Cam Smith is absolutely destroying the course this week, -26 through 3 rounds! Saturday was certainly moving day with JT leading the way, shooting the new course record, 61. Hopefully Sunday keeps it exciting! Who said having a field go lights out on a tough course was not fun to watch?

Edit - I believe Ernie Els holds the PGA Tour’s lowest 72 hole score to par of -31 at this tournament. If Cam keeps steady, he definitely has a chance!

You gotta believe that Els' record will fall.  BTW, unless I mistaken, it looked to me that the Berger/Cantlay pairing was about 4 holes behind Im and Matsuyama.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Cam has a little Jon Rahm problem.

And so much for "moving day".  Thomas shoots a 61 on moving day and is 9 strokes off the lead.

I'm pretty sure he moved up about 20 places. That's a move.

You were going backwards if you didn't shoot 6 under yesterday.

Imagine teeing up on the first tee in the final round in the final group knowing that 65 won't guarantee a win.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

You gotta believe that Els' record will fall.  BTW, unless I mistaken, it looked to me that the Berger/Cantlay pairing was about 4 holes behind Im and Matsuyama.  

OK, watching the replay now, I was just wrong

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I can't really see how Rahm won't win this.

#18 675 par 5

#17 549 par 4

Insane, as in these guys are insanely great players. No way could I reach either of these in regulation.  Not that I'm going to try even, just trying to imagine.

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

31 minutes ago, mohearn said:

#18 675 par 5

#17 549 par 4

Insane, as in these guys are insanely great players. No way could I reach either of these in regulation.  Not that I'm going to try even, just trying to imagine.

To be fair to physics, these are both downhill holes that often play into some wind. For these guys, the course is absolutely defenseless this week, soft greens and almost no wind.

I played there a few years ago, and I couldn't reach #18 in 6 shots. OK, fine, there was no wind that day either, but still.😅

• Funny 2

33 under snore fest

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

22 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

33 under snore fest

It is very important that you do everything in your power to diminish the achievements of these players, especially on a course that plays easy for them.

Matt Jones played the final 36 in 23 under. If you placed your ball 10 feet from each hole in regulation he'd probably have you by 15 shots.

Edited by Shorty

Just now, Shorty said:

It is very important that we do everything in out power to diminish the achievements of these players, especially on a course that plays easy for them.

Matt Jones played the final 36 in 23 under. If you placed your ball 10 feet from each hole in regulation he'd probably have you by 15 shots.

Great finish! These guys are good! Well except for Cam’s haircut.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Probably more. 33 under it to easy for these guys. They are pro’s they are great. 33 under is still way too easy. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 829 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!