IGNORED

G/Fore Shoes

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with G/Fore shoes and what your thoughts are. I recently bought a pair that were on sale, and I'm debating whether I should return them. The shoes seem nice and well built, but I'm a little leery of using them as golf shoes. They feel pretty stiff and narrow to me, even though I went half a size up from my normal size. I walk pretty much every round, and I would much rather not have break in golf shoes. I'm worried that it's going to take a while for them to be comfortable or they may never be that comfortable.

Does anyone have any experience/thoughts on this?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

You said words that would have me returning them and not giving it a second thought:

• stiff
  • narrow
  • break-in

Yeah, this is why I'm strongly leaning towards returning them. On the other hand, if you've ever had high-quality, goodyear welted leather dress shoes, they feel that same way at first. Then, after a week or two of wearing them, they soften up and become extremely comfortable. The G/Fores I have feel similar to those type of shoes, so I'm wondering if the same thing would happen.

I only see the fancy Instagram influencers wearing them. Never seen a pair on any golf course I've been at.

Not sure that helps you with your decision. Sorry.

I have a pair and they are comfortable.  I'm a size 12.5 in real life and I went to the 14 which is a little big but doesn't bother me.   They run on the small side, which is probably why they are narrow.   I also happen to have a more sneaker like model, as opposed to a more formal show so I don't see the need for much break-in.  

My take would be that if it feels too narrow, like if your toes don't have enough room, then return them.   Otherwise, I've never had a stiffer shoe that didn't break in after 2-4 rounds.  I doubt the GFore would be any different.

This from their marketing: "G/Fore golf shoes are designed with a detail-obsessed development process that is geared to help golfers express themselves while playing, and to help inject a little fun and flair back into their game. "

For me, no thanks, 

Rather express myself and have fun with more birdies. But if fashion is your thing... ;-)

• Funny 1

Maybe it's the curmudgeon in me but I won't buy a pair of shoes that aren't very comfortable from the get-go.   There should not be a "break in" period, narrow, wide, long, short or anything but comfortable.

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Yeah, this is why I'm strongly leaning towards returning them. On the other hand, if you've ever had high-quality, goodyear welted leather dress shoes, they feel that same way at first. Then, after a week or two of wearing them, they soften up and become extremely comfortable. The G/Fores I have feel similar to those type of shoes, so I'm wondering if the same thing would happen.

To be fair, you’re not exactly making athletic movements in dress shoes, walking 7 miles up and down hills, etc.

Decided to return the shoes. I tried them on with some different socks, and turns out the shoes are actually too big for me. G/Fore suggests ordering a half size up because their shoes are narrow. So I went 10.5 instead of 10 - I'm either a 10 or 10.5, depending on the brand. I used some thinner socks that I will sometimes play golf in, and the shoes were too loose. My heels were coming out of them. 

Too bad, because I really like the style of the shoes. But I probably won't be dabbling in G/Fores again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/19/2022 at 12:53 PM, mohearn said:

This from their marketing: "G/Fore golf shoes are designed with a detail-obsessed development process that is geared to help golfers express themselves while playing, and to help inject a little fun and flair back into their game. "

For me, no thanks, 

I'm with you, Mohearn. 

On 1/19/2022 at 12:53 PM, mohearn said:

For me, no thanks, 

Rather express myself and have fun with more birdies. But if fashion is your thing... ;-)

This post, combined with the post about the gforce Instagram page should seal the deal for not wanting them if you are a real golfer.

“Style “…”looking good”…. that’s what’s mentioned.  Not a word about stability or anything that will help your golf game.

This is the show worn by someone who never walks, only takes a cart and parks it on the apron because he doesn’t know better, wears his hat backwards, smokes cigars and wears a white belt.  Also… can’t break 120.

insee them everyday at our place🙄

21 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

This post, combined with the post about the gforce Instagram page should seal the deal for not wanting them if you are a real golfer.

“Style “…”looking good”…. that’s what’s mentioned.  Not a word about stability or anything that will help your golf game.

This is the show worn by someone who never walks, only takes a cart and parks it on the apron because he doesn’t know better, wears his hat backwards, smokes cigars and wears a white belt.  Also… can’t break 120.

I see them everyday at our place🙄

I'd like to point out that I did NOT say that... Although I do agree with it. ...:beer:

• Funny 1

43 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

...only takes a cart and parks it on the apron because he doesn’t know better, wears his hat backwards, smokes cigars and wears a white belt.  Also… can’t break 120.

Did you miss anything? 😁

And I thought only ChetlovesMer was allowed to mention white belts.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

15 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

And I thought only ChetlovesMer was allowed to mention white belts.

He's using it based on a licensing agreement. Would you like to get in on it? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

He's using it based on a licensing agreement. Would you like to get in on it? 

Sign me up Scotty!  Could I also be licensed to talk about Chicago Public Schools?

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Sign me up Scotty!  Could I also be licensed to talk about Chicago Public Schools?

Of course you can. Somebody has to pick up the slack on that. I've been creatively banned of mentioning such things. 

At risk of getting off topic. 2 things about the GFore shoes. 

First, they certainly seem to be all style, no substance. And to be fair, I don't even like the style. 

Second, they must be doing well because at a cursory glance over at their webpage it seems as though they are sold out of just about everything.

Therefore, there must be those who like them, but they are not for me.