IGNORED

Soooo Tired of the Wet Courses!

Zippo

That post was excellent @Zippo! Have fun!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, Zippo said:

Y'all know I'm not one to complain. I mean, my hair's falling out, my hands are arthritic. I've got a pacemaker. I've got arteries built by Crisco and lungs by Phillip Morris. I've got a bad knee, and my waist size is working on passing my IQ, but do I complain? Noooo! But I am so sick and tired of slogging through wet, swampy fairways only to putt on wet, sloppy greens. I had to give up on my favorite local goat track because you'd need snorkeling gear to play it. It's so bad even the ducks are wearing flotation gear. There's a nice course just north of me that enjoys claiming that they have water on almost every hole. Well, I got news for them - they got water between every hole as well! The sand in the bunkers is so wet you can't get it out with an excavator. Even my golf balls have wrinkles from the wet!

But, by gawd, I can't wait to golf tomorrow! 😁

At least your playing. In northern minnesota we still have a shit ton of snow on the ground. 

Courses are already drying out nicely in the South Sound; although aerification season is upon us too. Gives us a chance to test the bumpy green putting question from another thread....and 1/2 price greens fees at most courses.

1 hour ago, NoLHere said:

At least your playing. In northern minnesota we still have a shit ton of snow on the ground. 

What is this "snow" you speak of?🏝️

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

16 hours ago, Zippo said:

There's a nice course just north of me that enjoys claiming that they have water on almost every hole. Well, I got news for them - they got water between every hole as well! The sand in the bunkers is so wet you can't get it out with an excavator.

Three of my friends played that course yesterday.  I texted one guy about an hour ago for a report.  It was not good.  H2O, not in ponds, is anti-golfical.  I have two other friends about to try out the scene of your slipping and sliding down #1 incident, next week.  Expect that to be swampy, too.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Three of my friends played that course yesterday.  I texted one guy about an hour ago for a report.  It was not good.  H2O, not in ponds, is anti-golfical.  I have two other friends about to try out the scene of your slipping and sliding down #1 incident, next week.  Expect that to be swampy, too.

As you know, it’s been raining most of the day again. I’m taking my chest waders tomorrow. My wife is encouraging me to go. I’m thinking it’s because my life insurance pays off for drowning…

• Funny 3

24 minutes ago, Zippo said:

As you know, it’s been raining most of the day again. I’m taking my chest waders tomorrow. My wife is encouraging me to go. I’m thinking it’s because my life insurance pays off for drowning…

I think your wife is onto something.  Any sand trap will do, since they're all filled with water.  I'll read about you in tomorrow's news....

21 hours ago, Zippo said:

That reminds me of a golf joke haha

Played nine holes the other day and my course in Philly is firming up nicely. First time this year with no mud on the ball. 

Bill M

Playing golf on a swimming pool is better that staying inside 4 walls. I couldn't play yesterday because of weather, today is rainning so is probable that the course will remain closed over the weekend. I have a Mid-Am next week, I neeeed to practice!

The courses here are dryer than a popcorn fart. Divots, if you can take one, disintegrate into a cloud of dust. I actually love it, hard and fast. Nothing worse than a soggy golf course, no roll, mud on the ball every time you hit it, brutal.

• Funny 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

We arrived near Jekyll Island and since we've been here they have had a top 10 wettest March ever.   I blame my wife..(don't tell her)

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

14 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

We arrived near Jekyll Island and since we've been here they have had a top 10 wettest March ever.   I blame my wife..(don't tell her)

That is unfortunate.  Hopefully it doesn't affect the golf too much.  There's always the inside fireplace, a soft couch and a cocktail for when the hurricane blows through...

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

That is unfortunate.  Hopefully it doesn't affect the golf too much.  There's always the inside fireplace, a soft couch and a cocktail for when the hurricane blows through...

We've had a tornado warning and yesterday's round was cart path only.   Beats Michigan weather!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny