IGNORED

2022 Masters

iacas
Note: This thread is 747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, iacas said:

Yeah, and then about 2:00 on Saturday, and the last tee time on Sunday😉

37E0E27D-ABBA-4F5A-B928-B05C11BC15FD.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Tiger gets "early" (but not too early)/"late" (but not too late).

Best he could have gotten, probably.

With the amount he has to prep to be able to play, this seems pretty ideal,

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Yeah, and then about 2:00 on Saturday, and the last tee time on Sunday… 😉

Heh, heh, heh.

Ya Gotta Believe!!

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Hovland and Tiger in the last group on Sunday would be a dream scenario for me. OWGR #4 vs #973.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Not to be a buzzkill, but I'm placing a big (for me, anyway) wager on Tiger to miss the cut at -115. 

We all want to see him do well, but objectively it's hard to imagine him coming back anywhere near top form. The telltale sign to me was that he could only walk 9 holes on Monday. I think those hills are going to sap his energy and by Friday he will be limping (figuratively and literally) to the finish line. 

I would be glad to be proven wrong, but if not, I plan to profit, as I think the betting public has so much sentimentality for Tiger that it is skewing the odds beyond reason and logic.

I don’t expect anything from Tiger. He can WD after five holes, two rounds, miss the cut or be in contention on Sunday. I’m just happy to see that he feels ready to play.

• Like 2

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I really hope they respect that this is the Masters and they don’t get bogged down like the last tournament with commenting every single time Tiger winces or walks a little gingerly. STFU and just comment on the playing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I tend to just watch the Master's on their website. I like the feature groups or keeping it on Amen Corner. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I really hope they respect that this is the Masters and they don’t get bogged down like the last tournament with commenting every single time Tiger winces or walks a little gingerly. STFU and just comment on the playing.

There will be a half hour segment on his shoes.

• Funny 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Big C said:

Not to be a buzzkill, but I'm placing a big (for me, anyway) wager on Tiger to miss the cut at -115. 

So…

• He’s never missed the cut as a pro.
  • He knows the place better then maybe anyone.
  • He only has to play better than like 30 people, half of whom are over 50.
  • He won here in 2019 and four times before that.
  • He is Tiger F-ing Woods.

I’d give you bigger odds than that and smile as I take your money.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 4

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

So…

• He’s never missed the cut as a pro.
  • He knows the place better then maybe anyone.
  • He only has to play better than like 30 people, half of whom are over 50.
  • He won here in 2019 and four times before that.
  • He is Tiger F-ing Woods.

I’d give you bigger odds than that and smile as I take your money.

Eh. Points 2 and 3 are valid considerations, but his past performance at the Masters means little to me considering his age and the severity of his injury. 

If you want to do an even money bet, I'm game. I'll gladly come back here and eat crow if I'm wrong. 

I'm taking Jordan Spieth to win and will speculate -13.  Don't ask me why I think it, it is basically a WAG.  I would love to see Tiger in contention but I'm thinking the grind of walking 72 holes is going to wear on him.  I know, he is tough and won while injured before but I just do not think that is in the cards for this weekend.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

An interesting bet will be how much the ratings will improve over last year.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, Big C said:

What does this mean? You bet how much to win how much? Obvs I'm not a gambler

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

What does this mean? You bet how much to win how much? Obvs I'm not a gambler

For every $115 wagered, you stand to win $100 additional. Slightly worse than an even money bet. 

• Informative 1

16 minutes ago, Big C said:

For every $115 wagered, you stand to win $100 additional. Slightly worse than an even money bet. 

Thank you

Also

IMG_20220406_185021.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

7 hours ago, Big C said:

We all want to see him do well, but objectively it's hard to imagine him coming back anywhere near top form. The telltale sign to me was that he could only walk 9 holes on Monday. I think those hills are going to sap his energy and by Friday he will be limping (figuratively and literally) to the finish line. 

I would be glad to be proven wrong, but if not, I plan to profit, as I think the betting public has so much sentimentality for Tiger that it is skewing the odds beyond reason and logic.

Nothing personal, but bad luck.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

5 hours ago, StuM said:

I'm taking Jordan Spieth to win and will speculate -13.  Don't ask me why I think it, it is basically a WAG.  I would love to see Tiger in contention but I'm thinking the grind of walking 72 holes is going to wear on him.  I know, he is tough and won while injured before but I just do not think that is in the cards for this weekend.

Lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 hours ago, StuM said:

I would love to see Tiger in contention but I'm thinking the grind of walking 72 holes is going to wear on him.

My guess is that he's played 72 holes over 4 days at his home club to get ready for this.  More than once.  Though his course in Florida is a lot flatter.

Note: This thread is 747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!