IGNORED

Favorite Golf YouTube Channels?

Jeremie Boop

Lately I've been watching a lot of MrShortGame, but I also like Rick Shiels quite a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :ping: G425 Max
3 & 5 Wood: :ping: G425 Max
4 Hybrid:ping: G425
Irons 5-P: :ping: G425
Wedges: :ping: 4.0 Glide (50, 54, 58)
Putter: :ping: Prime Tyne 4

Ball: :titleist:  Tour Speed

14 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I like Mark Crossfield, but man he has to back off the caffeine! Dude is wired in his videos.😜

Yea, he def has some energy haha

1 hour ago, MembersBounce said:

Also a fan of Grace Charis. 😬

I don’t like her videos, especially from a golf perspective.  But I can see why people are willing to click on her videos.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Denny Bang Bang said:

Yea, he def has some energy haha

I don’t like her videos, especially from a golf perspective.  But I can see why people are willing to click on her videos.

Well I'm not watching her to learn anything about golf 😂. Still love Blair O'Neal. Paige is alright but kind of put her on the same peg as Grace just obviously she's better at golf.

Driver: :ping: G425 Max
3 & 5 Wood: :ping: G425 Max
4 Hybrid:ping: G425
Irons 5-P: :ping: G425
Wedges: :ping: 4.0 Glide (50, 54, 58)
Putter: :ping: Prime Tyne 4

Ball: :titleist:  Tour Speed

1 minute ago, MembersBounce said:

Well I'm not watching her to learn anything about golf 😂. Still love Blair O'Neal. Paige is alright but kind of put her on the same peg as Grace just obviously she's better at golf.

Watching GC is like being 12 years old and staying up late to see if something pops out on that fuzzy high numbered cable channel that your parents don’t pay for 🤣

Golf With Aimee is a good female one I watch a little bit.  And used to watch Genevieve Ling a bit.  I’m not against the ladies, but being a good golfer is a prerequisite haha

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows if there is a youtuber that has a active goal to get on the PGA tour? Or similiar tour? Would be interesting to follow the progress and everyday struggle of lower tier tour pro. 

Making a run at qualifying for the Swedish H40 amateur national golf team. 
Driver: Titleist Tsi3 with Tour AD Di7x - FW: Titleist Tsi3 with Tour AD Iz7x - Hy: Titleist Tsi3 with KBS Tour prototype S
Irons; Mizuno Mp20 MMC with KBS c-taper - Vokey SM9 wedges (50/54/58),
Putter: Odessey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Ball: Stripe golf ball No.02

35 minutes ago, TheWiseguy said:

Anyone knows if there is a youtuber that has a active goal to get on the PGA tour? Or similiar tour? Would be interesting to follow the progress and everyday struggle of lower tier tour pro. 

There are a lot, but the most popular channel for that right now is probably Micah Morris. He started playing Monday qualifiers for the Korn Ferry Tour like a year ago? But I don't think he ever went out and said "I want to play on tour" until about a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/@Micahmorrisgolf

• Like 1

Constantine

On 3/14/2023 at 12:56 PM, TheWiseguy said:

Anyone knows if there is a youtuber that has a active goal to get on the PGA tour?

Micah Morris, Ben hadden. Luck Kwon. Bryan Bross also, Gerge is a great player that is close to low tear pro golf, Wesley is a former PGA Tour winner that lost his card a few years ago an is struggling to gain it back. Karl vilips have videos since he was like 7, now that he is approaching 18 and living in the US is not uploading anymore, maybe a couple of videos each year. But is a dam good young player. 

I also watch Rick shields, grant hovart, Gm golf, Old Scott Fawcett videos, zack radford, bustajack, clair hogle,  genevieve ling, mr shortgame, andrew jensen, karl vilips etc. Lots a decent creators, I really enjoy watching all that great courses and players. Stroke play V-logs is what I enjoy the most. 

Channels on black list... Good good, Page Spirinac, Bob does sports.

Best Channel award: Bryan Bross, specialy when Wesley is playing.    

1 hour ago, p1n9183 said:

Micah Morris, Ben hadden. Luck Kwon. Bryan Bross also, Gerge is a great player that is close to low tear pro golf, Wesley is a former PGA Tour winner that lost his card a few years ago an is struggling to gain it back. Karl vilips have videos since he was like 7, now that he is approaching 18 and living in the US is not uploading anymore, maybe a couple of videos each year. But is a dam good young player. 

I also watch Rick shields, grant hovart, Gm golf, Old Scott Fawcett videos, zack radford, bustajack, clair hogle,  genevieve ling, mr shortgame, andrew jensen, karl vilips etc. Lots a decent creators, I really enjoy watching all that great courses and players. Stroke play V-logs is what I enjoy the most. 

Channels on black list... Good good, Page Spirinac, Bob does sports.

Best Channel award: Bryan Bross, specialy when Wesley is playing.    

Curious as to why these channels would be black listed for you?   Good Good is black listed but you watch GM Golf (co-creator of Good Good) and their former members.   Bob Does Sports is currently my favorite but I can understand that may not be everyone's cup of tea.

What does everyone think of the Good Good Championship coming up in May.   Free to enter with a $100k purse with the winner receiving $50k.  I believe they are only paying out the top 12.

As far as I am aware, the GG folks will not be playing in this event....but I am very curious to see if Micha and Grant will sign up (read: allowed) to play.

17 hours ago, elementz said:

Curious as to why these channels would be black listed for you?   Good Good is black listed but you watch GM Golf (co-creator of Good Good) and their former members.   

I kinda thought the same thing when I read @p1n9183's post. 

Although I will say that I am subbed to both GM Golf's and Luke Kwon's channels but not the Good Good channel. I'm far more likely to watch something on one of their individual channels than I am something on Good Good, but I wouldn't say Good Good is blacklisted or anything for me.

17 hours ago, elementz said:

What does everyone think of the Good Good Championship coming up in May.   Free to enter with a $100k purse with the winner receiving $50k.  I believe they are only paying out the top 12.

As far as I am aware, the GG folks will not be playing in this event....but I am very curious to see if Micha and Grant will sign up (read: allowed) to play.

The GG team is going to be picking all of the entrants individually, why would they remotely consider picking Micah or Grant if either of them did happen to enter? (Seems HIGHLY unlikely that either of them would enter IMO)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

On 3/22/2023 at 10:18 AM, klineka said:

The GG team is going to be picking all of the entrants individually, why would they remotely consider picking Micah or Grant if either of them did happen to enter? (Seems HIGHLY unlikely that either of them would enter IMO)

They claim they want to showcase the best of the best for YT golfers, and those two are right up there, personal differences aside.   I am not so certain on Grant as it appears he is focusing on the teaching side of the game, however, since Tig is working hard to take off as a pro, I would think he would definitely be interested.

Also, sounds like Rick Shields will be offering up a similar type of tournament....I could definitely see those two playing in there.

I’d love to see a YT tournament with the ‘top 25’ YT instructors. Maybe just a 36 hole weekend tournament. I’d enjoy seeing all these guys that run their ball washers compete against one another. I’d particularly be interested to see Jim Venetos play to his ‘+5’ hcp. So not necessarily top 25 in regards to popularity, but those with the most  ball washing on their channel.

• Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 2 months later...

Look who I ran into at OCN! 😃IMG_3305.thumb.jpeg.417f229f07c3904dc7544d020a0453db.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Oh man. Very cool.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like Padraig Harringtons channel.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

I've gotten very into YouTube golf channels of late and felt the need to create an account (recent lurker) to chime in.

Golf Sidekick started the ball rolling for me, and I can't recommend his stuff enough to anyone looking for a combination of entertainment, course/shot management, and light instruction. He's based in Thailand, so there's also a mild travelogue element. All of his content gets a laugh, duh, or eureka out of me.

Already been stated, but Not a Scratch Golfer is great. His story's inspirational and I try (fail) to emulate his on-course attitude. His style is similar to Golf Sidekick but follows a more consistent hole-by-hole format across videos.

Another vote for Bob Does Sports. Immensely entertaining. I've become a big Fat Perez fan, especially having grown up outside of Richmond. Even my wife enjoys their antics, and some of the guests they pull are unbelievable.

A newer one: BustaJack Golf. Cole and Mason have a delightful rapport. This one falls somewhere between Bob Does Sports and Not a Scratch Golfer - mostly entertainment but they aren't wild men. They can get a little silly but it's tolerable. Moments like their bridge ratings are very endearing.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, IRK said:

Golf Sidekick started the ball rolling for me, and I can't recommend his stuff enough to anyone looking for a combination of entertainment, course/shot management, and light instruction. He's based in Thailand, so there's also a mild travelogue element. All of his content gets a laugh, duh, or eureka out of me.

Meh… No thanks.

🙂

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets