IGNORED

Tennis Shoes to Play Golf

CraigF

• Administrator

@CraigF, buddy, turn down the marketing. It's a breach of the rules of the forum.

I'm glad you like wearing sneakers and having to spend more money to literally glue spikes to your FLAT bottomed shoes, but to me, golf shoes (as in shoes worn to play golf) should provide three things:

• Stability and traction.
  • Waterproof.
  • Comfort.

That's an unordered list, because different people will order them differently. On very dry days, I'll wear knit shoes that aren't very water resistant, for example.

Sneakers or tennis shoes often fail at the first two bullet points above, and many, many golf shoes are perfectly comfortable these days.

And they don't require you to spend extra money to glue on little tiny nubby spikes.

1 hour ago, CraigF said:

What’s everyone’s handicap? How often do you play?

+2.2, and rarely. Not that this kind of crap matters at all.

Again, stop pushing the product so hard, Mr. Frankel. We're not idiots. 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I remember several years ago playing a par 3 course in street shoes. Got a surprise afternoon off. For some reason, I had my clubs in the trunk but not my shoes. 

Playing without cleats actually went pretty well on that day. Maybe I focused more on balance than usual. Or maybe it was a coincidence. 

2 hours ago, iacas said:

@CraigF, buddy, turn down the marketing. It's a breach of the rules of the forum.

Again, stop pushing the product so hard, Mr. Frankel. We're not idiots. 😄

If he's trying to market these, I'd suggest he add a little Capitalization and spellcheck to his posts.

If you were going on a walk or run would you feel more comfy in tennis shoes or golf shoes with no spikes?  Of course tennis shoes

same with how I do my golf shoes. Super comfy. No slip 

be happy to discuss my handicap and course knowledge. I’m just a golf lover 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, CraigF said:

Being a good player does NOT make you an expert on shoes.  I've played for more than 50 years, I've been as low as a 3 handicap, and still play off 6 or 7 at 66 years old.  I've played golf in lots of different climates and geologic settings, wet and dry, hot and cold.  I know what works for me, and shoes built for golf are what does it FOR ME.  There are lots and lots of styles of shoes available, I've found a few that work just fine.  But none of that makes me an expert on shoes either.

But let's set that aside, we're not going to agree.  I'd suggest that you fill out your profile with a little more detail, select an avatar for yourself, and join in to some of the other discussions here.    

Edited by DaveP043
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, bking said:

If he's trying to market these, I'd suggest he add a little Capitalization and spellcheck to his posts.

Seriously.

@CraigF, try harder. It's really obvious when someone posts in the same topic without even pretending to be a golfer interested in talking about anything other than what you're trying to push on people.

13 minutes ago, CraigF said:

If you were going on a walk or run would you feel more comfy in tennis shoes or golf shoes with no spikes?  Of course tennis shoes

For running, I have…

• Some Vibram five-toe "shoes."
  • An Adidas version of five-toe shoes.
  • Some minimalist shoes that feel like socks with a little bit of thicker rubber to protect my feet on the bottom.
  • Some slightly less minimalist shoes.

Thing is… going for a walk or going for a run aren't what we are doing when we are playing golf. Golf is different, and has different requirements. Such as…

2 hours ago, iacas said:
  • Stability and traction.
  • Waterproof.
  • Comfort.

So…

No. There are more things to consider than "comfort."

The golf shoes I wear are just as comfortable as anything else (more so than many sneakers given that they're low heel drop, more minimalist shoes than most sneakers), AND they meet the other two criteria.

I would have to give you a shot a side, so like Dave said, your handicap doesn't make you an expert on shoes. Or marketing.

You're a "golf lover…" … who joined a golf site and only posts in one topic.

Please follow @DaveP043's advice:

13 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

But let's set that aside, we're not going to agree.  I'd suggest that you fill out your profile with a little more detail, select an avatar for yourself, and join in to some of the other discussions here. 

Thanks.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My golf shoes are very comfortable to walk in. I feel that if I never think about how my feet feel and have good traction, they are working. I do like Trues, but I play with a soft-spiked Adidas I found a few years ago that fit my feet perfectly and are low heel drop like my Trues. I have high arches and do have inserts for them. I am very particular about my shoes too.

I suppose if you like your shoes, then great. They may not work for everyone.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Sketchers, nike, asics, etc. all make and are more known for running/tennis shoes yet have golf shoes. They feel just as comfortable but have the stability and weathering added. TRUE started (I think) as a golf shoe but promotes to all activities because of it’s design and comfort. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

7 hours ago, CraigF said:

... yes I’m a scratch golfer.

You already told us that.

6 hours ago, CraigF said:

What’s everyone’s handicap?

Your feet can slip at any handicap.

6 hours ago, CraigF said:

I golf between a plus 2 and a scratch.

You already told us that.

8 hours ago, CraigF said:

I am pretty humble but yes I’m a scratch golfer.

That's not the way to be humble.

I only drive it about 280 yards

You're so humble.

• Funny 4

32 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You're so humble.

Think you missed a few humbles

7 hours ago, CraigF said:

I won the club championship at a top rated course and was able to finish top 15 in a state amateur event so they for sure work!  

I have worn these in state amateur events and placed in the top 15 in the state so they work great. 

• Funny 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

@CraigF has only been gone a day, but I miss him already.... Did I miss it or did no one point out the obvious, like I really want to ruin my $175 OC tennis shoes by super gluing a bunch of little rubber cleats on the bottom and then using them to trudge around my wet, muddy golf course.

• Funny 2

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

On 11/9/2022 at 11:45 AM, CraigF said:

I sure do understand everyone’s concerns and doubts. What’s everyone’s handicap? How often do you play?

like I have said I only wear my tennis shoes and they are by far the most comfortable shoes ever. 

Me doth believe you protest too much in terms of tennis shoes for golf!  

As a trans-met amputee (motorcycle wreck took the toes), a wide shoe I need.  Have found that Sketchers Go Golf shoes work to support the left foot.  Won’t hear me yelling “best shoes ever”, instead I listen to what the forum members say and evaluate what it may mean for me.  Glad the sneaks work for you, but to have to glue nubs on too much work! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

On 11/9/2022 at 3:08 PM, CraigF said:

You've mentioned many times throughout this thread (too many, actually, which leads one to be suspicious) what a good golfer you are. Well, la-de-dah, no one cares and whether you're a scratch golfer, a 6 handicapper or a 20 is meaningless to this discussion.  It strikes me that if you have to add something to the bottom of tennis shoes to play golf, they're no longer tennis shoes, are they? Personally, I find tennis shoes or running shoes, which I practice in occasionally when in my back yard depending on what I'm wearing at the time I'm in the mood to practice, do not have enough stiffness at the bottom...they're too flexible. For my swing, I need some stiffness at the bottom, where the shoe meets the ground. Traction is not the issue. Stability is. 

Edited by xrayvizhen

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

• Administrator

@CraigF has been given a warning for spamming the site once again. We saw through this from the start, gave him an early small warning that didn't limit his abilities here, edited out some mentions of his company, and he came back for more, changing his avatar to promote his glue-on product, etc.

Also, his handicap index is not +1. It's 0.0. Which is still good, but why lie? Cuz it's also irrelevant to this discussion.

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

He lost me at "super comfy" and "tennis" shoes. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 1 month later...