IGNORED

Shoes in the House

iacas

Shoes in the House  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes in your house regularly or somewhat regularly?

• No, shoes generally come off shortly inside the entryway.
    • Yes, I wear shoes around my house for extended periods of time.

• Administrator

Vote above.

Explain below.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am like Mr. Rogers. I walk in the door and immediately I change into my inside shoes. 
I wear shoes most of the time in the house. They are my "inside shoes". Then when I leave the house I switch to my "outside shoes". 

Sometimes I am barefoot in the house, but I never walk around in socks. That's terribly uncomfortable in my humble opinion. 

play-welcome.gif.2af971b2294836ae35fba8983d0614f6.gif

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I voted yes. I usually wear Crocs in the house and when I change I change in the bedroom closet. I have a work shop out back and I will wear shoes in the house when I come inside from there unless it's muddy or the ground is wet, if it is I just take my shoes off on the patio by the backdoor.

• Administrator

I like barefoot. Or occasionally socks (but then they get dirtier than they need to be).

Shoes come off very quickly upon entering the house.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was raised to always take your shoes off at the back door.   If I brought in mud clods (my mother's words), I'd be sweeping and mopping the tile floor.   Today, I walk in the door, take off my shoes and put on moccasin slippers.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Growing up, I hated wearing shows and socks. As soon as I came inside, shoes and socks were off. I was barefoot most of the time. It is just a habit now, but shoes are off with in 1-2 minutes of entering the house. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It is a class and culture thing. I think many Asian and middle eastern cultures don’t wear shoes indoors. Many countries don’t have paved roads and side walks. In the US, country folk don’t want to track mud and manure inside, working class people don’t want to mess up the carpeting they worked years to afford. They may have worked all day in a dirty environment. 

The professional class works indoors and rarely steps on a truly dirty surface that a quick swipe across a door mat won’t handle. The housekeeper cleans the floors. Replace flooring when worn.

Bare feet are disgusting for the most part. Please keep them covered.

Edited by Carl3

No. I’m Asian.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

Bare feet are disgusting for the most part. Please keep them covered.

Nah. Feet are an engineering marvel.

28 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I look forward to coming home just so that I can wear my flip-flops. Ha ha.

Shoes come off within the first few minutes. 

I forgot about that. I will wear a pair of flip flops around. They are my go to over shoes if I have to make a quick run outside for something like the mail.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

I'll go out in a pair of slides sometimes. Even in the winter, just a quick run to the mailbox or whatever.

But as I sit here watching a little TV at night, I've been sock and shoe free since I got home. It's 25° outside.

I’ll wear shoes in my house. I tend to just be in socks, but I don’t have a problem with outside shoes being on. I also have a dog and two young kids so my floors are rarely clean. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

No to shoes in the house.  Slippers are a different story, but I've never been to a household in Canada where someone has said it's cool to leave your shoes on.

Corey

I regularly wear shoes in the house.  I have foot problems and slippers, etc. do not give enough support and too long on my feet without that support hurts.

I have a pair that never gets worn outside my house to minimize tracking in dirt.

I will frequently take off shoes when visiting others as courtesy to them, especially if I see they are not wearing them in the house.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

8 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I was raised to always take your shoes off at the back door.   If I brought in mud clods (my mother's words), I'd be sweeping and mopping the tile floor.   Today, I walk in the door, take off my shoes and put on moccasin slippers.  

29581e5c-2a15-4206-90f7-aab9b51bed1d.9e33752c6c53ea225eecdcace6bf6776.thumb.jpeg.bb2a227dc9493c210c7bbe7a05d14cc8.jpeg

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

In the summer at my cottage, I’m usually barefoot or where sandals in the house. In the fall and winter, my indoor shoes are my True Knits. We have lots of stairs and shoes are more secure. My wife hates being barefoot. My son on the other hand always takes off his shoes in the house.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Bare feet are disgusting for the most part.

My wife tells me to stop putting my foot in my mouth all the time. Now I know why.. 😄

Vishal S.