IGNORED

2023 Ryder Cup

jmanbooyaa

Someone at the course should offer Scottie and Brooks a few cans. What a crap show they put on today.

IMG_1276.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Also untrue.

Not totally accurate there either. Vegas gambles too. They have far more info.

Well it’s a simplified description so that even a bird can understand it….

Stevie T

I hope this isn’t true, but if it is….

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

32 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Well it’s being reported on Sky Sports , so maybe it’s got legs.😀 Cantlay and Shauffle both mentioned in the article. Surely they should have turned down the invite to play in that case. Ffs 

Stevie T

51 minutes ago, Beastie said:

Well, it’s being reported on Sky Sports, so maybe it’s got legs.😀 Cantlay and Shauffle both mentioned in the article. Surely they should have turned down the invite to play in that case. Ffs 

If it's true, that's pretty low. I used to like Cantley. How many millions have these guys made in the last couple of years? Talk about greed. It's a good reason why TEAM Europe are dominating playing for the LOVE of the Ryder cup ..Team YANK has turned up far too cocky after the last RC ..thinking they could pick out of-form players ... and not spending much time pre RC on the course 

It looks like EURO will win the CUP early in singles ... 

What is the worst-ever RC defeat? ...  

Go Foxy Go

6 minutes ago, NZ Golfer said:

If it's true, that's pretty low. I used to like Cantley. How many millions have these guys made in the last couple of years? Talk about greed. It's a good reason why TEAM Europe are dominating playing for the LOVE of the Ryder cup ..Team YANK has turned up far too cocky after the last RC ..thinking they could pick out of-form players ... and not spending much time pre RC on the course 

It looks like EURO will win the CUP early in singles ... 

What is the worst-ever RC defeat? ...  

I agree totally. Hank Hainey  called this team the "Boys Club". More interested in locker room  chemistry as opposed to the best golfers. It was clear to anyone who watches and understands golf that Hank was correct. 

I don’t mind Europe winning, but runovers are not that exciting. I want a fight going back and forth, ending with the final groups on Sunday. A win in the first five groups of singles isn’t as fun.

USA needs to win some points!

2 hours ago, Beastie said:

Well it’s a simplified description so that even a bird can understand it….

Well aren't you a clever fellow. I don't need to know how Vegas odds work. Yes some gamblers make money. Basically laundering illegal cash from various sources and are willing to lose 5% over time to avoid 35 % taxation.  Myself I make good money and pay taxes. I don't need to give any to a gambling house.  Some folks are trust fund children who have excessive amounts of money they have no idea of how it was made and spend time gambling. Then there are the sad cases of folks who believe they are lucky and blow their money and life savings. 

• Confused 1

I’m glad I’m traveling and not able to watch. When it’s not competitive, it’s not fun. I like players on both teams. This may be over way too early.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, Zeph said:

Cantlay and his partner were the only one to take points this morning. If he wanted to be incentivized to play, being paid for work. You’d think he wouldn’t try hard. Not sure I buy this. It sounds like click bait. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’m glad I’m traveling and not able to watch. When it’s not competitive, it’s not fun. I like players on both teams. This may be over way too early.

It's still plenty competitive. More than 50% of the points on table. I see some sprouts already.

I do agree with one of the commentators. The course set up blunts the strong wedge players a bit which I think Americans have an edge on Euros. 

Game on! - it seems so far in session 4.

Vishal S.

7 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Cantlay and his partner were the only one to take points this morning. If he wanted to be incentivized to play, being paid for work. You’d think he wouldn’t try hard. Not sure I buy this. It sounds like click bait. 

My bad I misread the morning results. 

It was Homa’s team that won. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Zeph said:

It probably is true. If so, f*** them, and withdraw yourselves from consideration for being on the team. Simple as that.

49 minutes ago, snow bird said:

I agree totally. Hank Hainey  called this team the "Boys Club". More interested in locker room  chemistry as opposed to the best golfers. It was clear to anyone who watches and understands golf that Hank was correct. 

First, please learn to spell.

Second, Europe is credited all the time with their "team chemistry" as being a big part of the reason they win. And the U.S. team had plenty of "chemistry" in Wisconsin.

So, it's not that.

You keep saying "it's clear to anyone" and then following that up with something that's not only debatable, but often simply wrong.

46 minutes ago, Zeph said:

I don’t mind Europe winning, but runovers are not that exciting. I want a fight going back and forth, ending with the final groups on Sunday. A win in the first five groups of singles isn’t as fun.

I have a long drive on Sunday that I can now start at about 8am instead of waiting until about noon or 1pm.

29 minutes ago, snow bird said:

I don't need to know how Vegas odds work.

You do when making comments about it, then being called out for how stupid/wrong those comments were.

Basically laundering illegal cash from various sources and are willing to lose 5% over time to avoid 35 % taxation.

Uhhhh…

Myself I make good money and pay taxes. I don't need to give any to a gambling house.  Some folks are trust fund children who have excessive amounts of money they have no idea of how it was made and spend time gambling. Then there are the sad cases of folks who believe they are lucky and blow their money and life savings. 

Your takes are really very bad.

If the U.S. team has COVID or is just all sorts of sick, then I'm writing this one off as that… but… I'm also never favoring the U.S. in Europe again until they win over there BIG a few times in a row or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don’t see that Cantlay post being too legit. However if it does happen to be factual. Yes you need to remove yourself from any future consideration. This is about country pride and your teammates. Why no Fowler on day 2? His putting was bad Friday morning but no different than any other US player. I read sinus infection but have not heard anything since. Johnson debunked illness before 2nd round. Has to be something. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I don’t see that Cantlay post being too legit.

I find it hard to believe too, you can't be stupid enough to do something like this in the middle of the cup. Or maybe you can.

Anyway, I wouldn't put it past the British press to generate this just to distract the Americans.

4 hours ago, Zeph said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t have a problem with Cantlay and others believing this. The PGA makes a lot of money off it, and it’s (at least partly) because of the players. I know the players get donations to their charities, but I can see feeling like your labor deserves more. 

That said, if Cantlay is dividing the team room about this, f*** him. The way to handle it is to do it ahead of time or not play at all. Sabotaging the Ryder Cup because of it is not okay. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

47 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t have a problem with Cantlay and others believing this. The PGA makes a lot of money off it, and it’s (at least partly) because of the players. I know the players get donations to their charities, but I can see feeling like your labor deserves more. 

Yes, but as you say, if he believes that and wants to change it, then just decline playing on the team, explain why, and be prepared to deal with the consequences.

6 hours ago, Zeph said:

Perhaps if we saw performance worth paying for. 

• Funny 3

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4