IGNORED

The Pro Tours Random Thoughts and Musings Thread

colin007

3 hours ago, DeadMan said:

He’s apparently made changes since this, but here’s a swing video of the guy that just shot 57:

Wow, that's wild. Made some good changes since then.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Wow, that's wild. Made some good changes since then.

Is this meant to be ironic? He shanked that first one somewhere past Juneau.....

Colin P.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, colin007 said:

Is this meant to be ironic? He shanked that first one somewhere past Juneau.....

He didn't. I know it looks like that, but that's what you get with a super zoomed camera. That's one of the more extreme looking ones I've seen, but… that's not a shank. He hit it good, and didn't have to watch it since it just ended up in the fairway (he made birdie).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not to downplay the round as a 57 is a 57 and you have to hit the shots....but it seems odd that the tournament was held on a course playing from 6,200 yards at 9,000 ft elevation.  Course shows as 68.8/123.    Seems that course would play like an executive course to these guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's played over 2 courses. The other course is a 1000 yards longer. That's a big difference. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

4 hours ago, iacas said:

He didn't. I know it looks like that, but that's what you get with a super zoomed camera. That's one of the more extreme looking ones I've seen, but… that's not a shank. He hit it good, and didn't have to watch it since it just ended up in the fairway (he made birdie).

@colin007 Yea, I believe parallax is far worsened by the zoom of the camera. It's a reason pros care a lot about camera positioning when filming the golf swing. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Informative 1

Constantine

Amazing round, but 57 on a par 70 is the same number under par as 59 on a par 72.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

2 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

@colin007 Yea, I believe parallax is far worsened by the zoom of the camera. It's a reason pros care a lot about camera positioning when filming the golf swing. 

I really wish that explained it for me. It doesn’t really. It still looks like a cold, brilliant shank to me. I mean damn, it literally appears to go 90* right from the flag. And viewpoint A and B? Our viewpoint is between A and B so what does that do? F*** me….frustrating.😂

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 hours ago, iacas said:

That's crazy wow, I watched it a half dozen times and even the reaction seemed to verify the shank but ig not

Colin P.

8 hours ago, iacas said:

that's not a shank. He hit it good,

Well!
He hit it well!

Sorry, one of my golf relate pet peeves.

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Elmer said:

Well!
He hit it well!

Sorry, one of my golf relate pet peeves.

Meh.

It's a golf lingo thing. It's not truly a grammar thing.

I hit it goooooooooood.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Meh.

It's a golf lingo thing. It's not truly a grammar thing.

I hit it goooooooooood.

Yes. Saying I hit it wellllll?  Your name might as well be Hudson or Wyndham.😃

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

One thing  i have  noticed  is  Justin Thomas seems afraid  of Tiger Woods. When they play together Justin shrinks. 

Same dumb schtick since joining.

7 minutes ago, jxdama said:

One thing  i have  noticed  is  Justin Thomas seems afraid  of Tiger Woods. When they play together Justin shrinks. 

Bro, gotta hand it to you.. you are so good at serving up juicy softballs. 🤦‍♂️

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jxdama said:

Thank God Woods son shot an 86 in qualifying. 

Thank God you've shared such insight and wit.

• Funny 3

Charlie has a tough road ahead of him as far as constant comparisons go. Time will tell if he makes it on Tour or winds up like Kevin Tway playing in Monday Qualifiers. One thing for certain, the media will hound him every step of the way, along with some a-hole moaning about how he's not as good as his dad. 

27 minutes ago, iacas said:

Thank God you've shared such insight and wit.

I literally spit out my coffee on that one laughing. Thanks LOL

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

1 hour ago, snapfade said:

Charlie has a tough road ahead of him as far as constant comparisons go. ... One thing for certain, the media will hound him every step of the way, along with some a-hole moaning about how he's not as good as his dad. 

Fact 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.