IGNORED

2023 U.S. Open (Los Angeles Country Club)

saevel25

• Administrator

Reports from the camera men are that Phil is being heckled.

Good.

• Thumbs Up 4

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Loved seeing Rickie have a big day, definitely rooting to see him pull one off!

Others I’ll be rooting for, Schauffele and McIlroy looking great as well.  Finau and Scheffler in the mix.

At least 81 guys, including amateurs, that don’t seem to be fearing BK so far 🥲

A lot of golf left.  Curious to see how the course toughens up over the next few days.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Denny Bang Bang said:

Loved seeing Rickie have a big day, definitely rooting to see him pull one off!

Others I’ll be rooting for, Schauffele and McIlroy looking great as well.  Finau and Scheffler in the mix.

At least 81 guys, including amateurs, that don’t seem to be fearing BK so far 🥲

A lot of golf left.  Curious to see how the course toughens up over the next few days.

Rickie looked so composed and focused. I would love to know what "changed" in his putting approach (thoughts) that helped him start draining the putts again. 

Random thoughts on the opening round. I have the round on dvr - finishing it up this morning. 

1. McIlroy hitting so many fairways is always a good thing. 

2. Looks like a fun course. 

3. Does Windham Clark have the same putter as Rickie?

4. Harman's 60 on the front nine is amazing.

5. The old guys may well lack some gas while walking the undulating course by the end of the weekend. 

Edited by Old1964

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

It seemed yesterday that there were a lot of golfers sinking a lot of longer putts.  That may have been a result of TV showing highlights which of course sinking a 50' putt is worthy of.  Wyndham Clark averaged 1.25 putts per hole which sounds really good but he was also #1 in strokes gained around the green so it is possible he had several shorter putts but I did see a highlight of him sinking a 64 footer.  And Rickie at 4.76 SG Putting...WOW.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

41 minutes ago, StuM said:

It seemed yesterday that there were a lot of golfers sinking a lot of longer putts.  That may have been a result of TV showing highlights which of course sinking a 50' putt is worthy of. 

Yep it drives me nuts watching on TV. IMO they should show more tee and approach shots especially at a place like this where there are some pretty cool slopes and undulations in the fairways where balls will roll forever. 

Going from green to green to green showing mid range putt after mid range putt being made gets old pretty quickly. 

Especially when they've been following a couple specific groups then they randomly flash over to a random player who is lining up for one length putt. Guess what, it always goes in when they do that!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

29 minutes ago, klineka said:

Yep it drives me nuts watching on TV. IMO they should show more tee and approach shots especially at a place like this where there are some pretty cool slopes and undulations in the fairways where balls will roll forever. 

Going from green to green to green showing mid range putt after mid range putt being made gets old pretty quickly. 

Especially when they've been following a couple specific groups then they randomly flash over to a random player who is lining up for one length putt. Guess what, it always goes in when they do that!

Well that's not entirely accurate 🙂

garcia.gif

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

28 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Well that's not entirely accurate 🙂

garcia.gif

Saw someone (Finau?) yesterday do that lol

Colin P.

Overused quote of the day so far, "The golf course has woke up angry today."

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

27 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Overused quote of the day so far, "The golf course has woke up angry today."

Did Zinger say it?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Did Zinger say it?

Craig Perks on USGA five feed. 

There are some good one-liners today. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Feeling really conflicted here, wanting to root for this Clark guy since he's got such a great athletic swing, but then also wanting to root hard against him because.....well, his name is Wyndham.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Colin P.

37 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Feeling really conflicted here, wanting to root for this Clark guy since he's got such a great athletic swing, but then also wanting to root hard against him because.....well, his name is Wyndham.

It would probably work a lot better if he's just go by Wyndy for short. 

Sam Bennett is doing well in another major. He’s impressive.

Also, these shaved areas around the green seem way more of a challenge than rough would be.

Scott

My Swing Thread

30 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

It would probably work a lot better if he's just go by Wyndy for short. 

Nooooooo you've just made it so much worse 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

Marine Layer! Everyone drink!

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

Yeah…and that name just has to be followed with the 3rd.

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge