klineka

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Day 9: 6/29/2023:

Got out early and played a quick 18 in the haze.... Is the air quality bad? ... I don't know, but it doesn't look right. 

🤣 Have you seen any of the local news or weather lately?? Today is the worst the air quality has been in the last 20+ years...

Day 65 - Solid bit of putting practice focused on 3-5 footers, then worked on my priority piece and short iron distances. Pretty solid day overall.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, klineka said:

🤣 Have you seen any of the local news or weather lately?? Today is the worst the air quality has been in the last 20+ years. 

Yeah, I saw that. I'm probably going to get some kind of lung cancer from playing today. Although, when I teed off it said the air quality index was 168 in Sunbury, not 220, like in Columbus. So, I got that going for me. 🤪

I'm sure it's not good for me. But it's difficult for me to gauge how bad it really is. I'm not sure I completely trust the media. Case in point. Last winter right before Christmas there were 2 or 3 super cold days. On one of them I was outside shoveling the driveway and the walk. Then I chatted with my neighbor for 15 minutes or so. By time I was done I had been outside for like an hour and a half. I came in and my wife told me the weather people were saying you need to stay indoors. That exposed skin would freeze and die within 5 minutes of exposure. I was wearing a sock hat, but nothing on my face. I felt fine and I'm pretty sure my skin didn't freeze or die. 💪

I feel like we sensationalize everything these days and it makes it hard to really trust the news media. 🤷‍♂️

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

We had an ocean breeze all day, which kept the air clear thankfully.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Our area is down to near 140 from the high 270s.  It has been difficult to spend too much time outside without your eyes watering. Several people locally have posted about the smoke smell. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I do not know the number but drove to Chicago on Wed an the skyline was very obscured and walking on the streets it smelled a little like a fire.  Thursday was better there, but still hazy.

I do not think the media is wrong on this one, the air quality is real bad in places.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Been putting off cutting the grass. 

Good news is the air is a little better today. 

Bad news is its going to be 91 with storms over the weekend and that means mowing is the priority today. 

Golf may not happen for a bit.

I finally got the lawn done yesterday, when the AQI (Air Quality Index) was down from "Very Unhealthy" to merely "Unhealthy."

Day-before-yesterday Detroit had the second worst air quality in the world.

How about that nice fresh air at the Rocket Mortgage.

99991d67f529bfa07756daead9a49bc9.jpg

Edited by snapfade
to insert a preposition

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

It’s a bit better than today. At least I’m not smelling the burnt tree smell. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

We had it bad at the beginning of the month for a couple of days. It looked like the apocalypse outside. It’s not terrible right now, just hazy out.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread