IGNORED

Being the Only Walker in the Group

boil3rmak3r

16 hours ago, famousdavis said:

Walk it off

You're suggestion to someone who has a medical issue is to "walk it off?"  I haven't heard that phrase since high school. :roll:

• Thumbs Up 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/6/2023 at 10:15 AM, ChiTown said:

I can see how if it’s a regular group you’re used to playing with that being the sole walker is a change. But chatting at the tee and on the green is pretty good too. Plus this gives you more time to think about your next shot and keeps your body warmed up. 

The guys I play with are great!  I have no complaints about that.  You are correct, we still chat plenty, so it’s not like I feel like a total outsider.  Not sure if it’s a good thing for me to have more time to think about my next shot 🫤

21 hours ago, StuM said:

I feel more rushed when I am the only walker, as a rider I feel less rushed since I am usually at my ball quickly and end up waiting on the group ahead.  When I walk I do like it most when there is at least one other walker because then we help pace each other and also can walk much of the hole together.

This is a good recap of what i feel.  It’s weird, if there were a number a foursomes that went out before we do at 8:30, it’s rare that we ever get out of position (sans searching for a lost ball or something and have to catch up on the next hole).  So, I know I’m not slowing us up, but mentally it just makes me feel like I need to speed up.  Another walker with me, as you said, just makes me not worry about what the cart riders are thinking.

19 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I suggest you back off a bit. Golf needs to be accessible to continue to grow. I walk almost always but your position is pretty dismissive. Teaching cart etiquette is a better option.

I decided to start a thread on Golf Cart Etiquette.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

A thread that addresses golf cart etiquette is one that assumes that it's ok to take a cart in the first place.  Sure, there are those gimpy ones who need a cart.  OK, let them ride and then get out to hop over to their ball. 

For the rest of the 99.9% of the population that takes carts, they have no excuse.  There is no reason they can't walk.  The game is so much more enjoyable walking.  

Of course, the one thing that none of these lazy golf cart takers will admit to is the damage to the course.  Golf carts destroy golf courses and ruin it for everyone.   You see damage from the idiot golf cart drivers all over the place.  Around the greens, around the tee and all throughout the course.   Golf cart tracks and mud are always around the tee boxes and greens.  These morons can't even follow the golf cart signs because they are too lazy to walk 50 feet.  

It's always amusing to watch the group in front of you who are taking two golf carts.  They drive around in circles looking for balls, take forever to put their clubs back into their bags and think they are cool listening to their choice of music as loud as they can.  

I get it.  You are lazy and want to use a golf cart.  At least admit what you are.  

4 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

You're suggestion to someone who has a medical issue is to "walk it off?"  I haven't heard that phrase since high school. :roll:

OK, I shall rephrase.  Limp it off. 

12 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

A thread that addresses golf cart etiquette is one that assumes that it's ok to take a cart in the first place.  Sure, there are those gimpy ones who need a cart.  OK, let them ride and then get out to hop over to their ball. 

For the rest of the 99.9% of the population that takes carts, they have no excuse.  There is no reason they can't walk.  The game is so much more enjoyable walking.  

Of course, the one thing that none of these lazy golf cart takers will admit to is the damage to the course.  Golf carts destroy golf courses and ruin it for everyone.   You see damage from the idiot golf cart drivers all over the place.  Around the greens, around the tee and all throughout the course.   Golf cart tracks and mud are always around the tee boxes and greens.  These morons can't even follow the golf cart signs because they are too lazy to walk 50 feet.  

It's always amusing to watch the group in front of you who are taking two golf carts.  They drive around in circles looking for balls, take forever to put their clubs back into their bags and think they are cool listening to their choice of music as loud as they can.  

I get it.  You are lazy and want to use a golf cart.  At least admit what you are.  

OK, I shall rephrase.  Limp it off. 

Just curious…. I use a push cart while walking.  I am a healthy person.

in your opinion, am I lazy?

47 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

A thread that addresses golf cart etiquette is one that assumes that it's ok to take a cart in the first place. 

I understand your opinion that carts should be abolished BUT carts are here to stay and a thread on cart etiquette is valid.

48 minutes ago, famousdavis said:

And this is why discussing cart etiquette is a good idea.

Edited by StuM
Added comment

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

Guys, c'mon. @famousdavis comes on here every 6 to 26 months, makes a few stupid posts, then goes away for awhile again.

sally kohn troll GIF by The Opposite of Hate

• Thumbs Up 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The other day I joined another single, William Tornquist. Originally from San Diego, he had to move away because he was so haunted by the beat downs he received in his club championships. 😉

• Funny 1

Brian Kuehn

On 7/6/2023 at 3:08 PM, colin007 said:

They're taking off before you've hit???

Yup- happened at least twice last year. One of the times, I got paired up with a 3 at a local 'upscale' course. They wanted to play from the Blues.. even though they were more likely Whites or even Green. That's fine by me- I'm not out there to kill myself. I know my limits. At least 3 different holes on the front, I happened to be behind them in the carts as we stopped at their tee box. They went off- not surprisingly, in 3 directions, and at least one didn't even come close to reaching the actual fairway cut. they go down the path... past my box and just go out into the fairway looking for their ball. And paying no attention to the fact I was trying to signal them. They didn't even realize I wasn't there- I had to wait until I could hit and then follow up.. Of course, all three time "Oh, jeez- we're sorry about that, we got to talking, blah, blah..." So- on the back 9, I positioned my cart that I would ALWAYS be in front on the paths to the tee boxes. So even IF there was space to go by my cart at my tee box, they would at least remember that there is somebody with them. 

3 minutes ago, RayG said:

Yup- happened at least twice last year. One of the times, I got paired up with a 3 at a local 'upscale' course. They wanted to play from the Blues.. even though they were more likely Whites or even Green. That's fine by me- I'm not out there to kill myself. I know my limits. At least 3 different holes on the front, I happened to be behind them in the carts as we stopped at their tee box. They went off- not surprisingly, in 3 directions, and at least one didn't even come close to reaching the actual fairway cut. they go down the path... past my box and just go out into the fairway looking for their ball. And paying no attention to the fact I was trying to signal them. They didn't even realize I wasn't there- I had to wait until I could hit and then follow up.. Of course, all three time "Oh, jeez- we're sorry about that, we got to talking, blah, blah..." So- on the back 9, I positioned my cart that I would ALWAYS be in front on the paths to the tee boxes. So even IF there was space to go by my cart at my tee box, they would at least remember that there is somebody with them. 

I had a similar experience, so now I ask the group if they mind playing from the white tees, if they insist on playing from the blues I usually accommodate, but a few times I have passed.

I pay $$ to enjoy a round of golf.

On 7/8/2023 at 3:03 AM, iacas said:

Guys, c'mon. @famousdavis comes on here every 6 to 26 months, makes a few stupid posts, then goes away for awhile again.

sally kohn troll GIF by The Opposite of Hate

@famousdave is a DB troll

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 hour ago, RayG said:

They must be slow learners.  I do agree with parking your cart in front. That does make it easier to move forward to the forward tee box.  When I go out with the ladies they always do the same since they can drive to thier box easily once us guys have hit our tee shots.

This year our league has opened up to the ladies and what we have tried to do is have them in the same group so they can ride together and be the "Front Cart" to go forward to ther Red tees.  It does not always work out that way but when it does it helps keep pace.

Stuart M.

I find it surprising that I speak openly and freely in regard to my position on golf carts and I'm issued a warning by the "committee" whom no doubt have very little going on in their lives.  I guess this is one of those forums where you have to agree with everyone and go along with the crowd.  Well, not me fellas.  No sir.  You won't find me riding a cart and messing up the course.   You won't find me being a lazy bones and driving around in circles looking for my ball.  You see, I've always been involved in sports and I've always been in great shape.  That's just the way I am.  I'm a winner, women love me and I'm must an overall badass.   That's the way I roll.  

I do take a push cart with me.  Nothing wrong with that.  Sometimes I carry my clubs.  If it's a hilly course I will carry.   

Carry on ladies!

On 7/9/2023 at 10:44 AM, bkuehn1952 said:

The other day I joined another single, William Tornquist. Originally from San Diego, he had to move away because he was so haunted by the beat downs he received in his club championships. 😉

I once knew a chap named William Tornquist.  Is he from the Tornquist family that owns the GM dealership?  Golly, we sure had a few close matches and a gas of a time afterward!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, famousdavis said:

I find it surprising that I speak openly and freely in regard to my position on golf carts and I'm issued a warning by the "committee" whom no doubt have very little going on in their lives.  I guess this is one of those forums where you have to agree with everyone and go along with the crowd.  Well, not me fellas.  No sir.  You won't find me riding a cart and messing up the course.   You won't find me being a lazy bones and driving around in circles looking for my ball.  You see, I've always been involved in sports and I've always been in great shape.  That's just the way I am.  I'm a winner, women love me and I'm must an overall badass.   That's the way I roll.  

I do take a push cart with me.  Nothing wrong with that.  Sometimes I carry my clubs.  If it's a hilly course I will carry.   

Carry on ladies!

I once knew a chap named William Tornquist.  Is he from the Tornquist family that owns the GM dealership?  Golly, we sure had a few close matches and a gas of a time afterward!

Find a new gimmick dude. Nobody thinks you’re funny except you.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I find it surprising that I speak openly and freely in regard to my position on golf carts and I'm issued a warning by the "committee" whom no doubt have very little going on in their lives. I guess this is one of those forums where you have to agree with everyone and go along with the crowd.

No, it's one of those forums where you can say what you want so long as you don't disrespect others by calling them "gimpy" and other words that went out of vogue 30+ years ago, and where you do more than just troll for reactions.

Like @billchao said, the only one who thinks you're funny is you, apparently. Your act is tired and unfunny.

That's the way I troll.

FTFY.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 hours ago, famousdavis said:

I'm a winner, women love me and I'm must an overall badass.   That's the way I roll.  

I'm sorry, but why does this matter?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I admit when I moved to the US from the UK, I was surprised and (privately) very sneery about carts. I'd never even seen one before in the flesh, let alone driven one or played golf from one.

Yeah, 5 years playing golf in the summers of south Georgia cured me of that unpleasantly ignorant and superior attitude. If nothing else, a cart is a mobile shelter, a place to store towels, water, and sit down for a minute in the brutal heat. The southern US isn't the northern UK....

I love walking the course, and do that in the fall, winter (when possible) and spring where I currently live in Virginia. Summer, I ride.

Otherwise, when I play with people who like to ride, I take a cart. When I play with my usual partner (who likes to walk), I walk.....unless it's summer. I agree the walking / riding mix is awkward. Under those circumstances, I just ride.

I long since came to the conclusion there's a lot more to golf than how you carry your carcass around the course.

Edited by ScouseJohnny
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

I long since came to the conclusion there's a lot more to golf than how you carry your carcass around the course.

100% spot on

Stuart M.