IGNORED

Grooveit Brushes

• Administrator

I've seen this advertised on Instagram and other places, so I reached out and got a mini G and a full-sized brush, as well as a full-sized brush for @saevel25 (who will add his own thoughts here soon).

The Grooveit Brush has many unique features that set it apart from other golf brushes; the key is a built-in tank & pump system to spray water onto the clubface while scrubbing. A powerful magnet keeps the brush...

Grooveit Brush

The original Grooveit brush ($24.99) is a large curved brush with a baseball bat-sized handle that houses a good amount of water. Unlike other brands, that ask you to squeeze the sides to squirt water on the face of your club, the Grooveit has a pump that dispenses a little bit of water quickly and efficiently, and only when you want it. The body remains firm so that you can get a good scrubbing in without squeezing out a bunch more water.

grooveit_brushes.jpg

Adding water is simple: you twist off the cap, pour some water in (you can add a splash of liquid soap if you want, too), and screw the cap back on. The cap is also the pump, so a few pushes and enough water to scrub and dry your club is all you need. The Grooveit brush contains enough water to last several rounds or range sessions.

grooveit_open.jpg

As you can see, the bristles are short and plentiful. The shortness makes them rather stout, and while there are no metal bristles (which supposedly can scratch some clubs, though I've never really seen it), the nylon bristles are short enough to be really good at cleaning out the grooves. For dried, caked-in dirt (why did you let your clubs get this way?), a few more squirts of water should still do it.

The brush is also rather large, so if you use your Grooveit brush for a few years… it should still have "scrubbable" area left on the brush.

grooveit_side.jpg

A look at the bottom, with the small hole that squirts out just enough water in two or three squirts to clean the club.

grooveit_bristles.jpg

Grooveit Mini G

grooveit_brushes.jpgThe Grooveit mini G ($19.99) is a small brush for the player who either doesn't need water or who doesn't want the bulk of carrying the full Grooveit brush around (walkers, I'm looking at you). I don't ever let my clubs get too dirty, and I like to walk or take my push-cart, so I'm excited about the mini G.

As you can see in the images, the Grooveit mini G is really quite small. The mini G is about as wide as the full-sized brush is deep. The bristles are shorter and, thus, even more stout. The mini G attaches to your bag with an S-clip carabiner, and detaches from your bag via a simple but relatively powerful magnet. Though I don't advise it, you can get pretty good at throwing your mini G at your golf bag and letting the magnets re-connect themselves (I batted about .550 in doing this in testing, ha ha).

The magnet is nice in that it lets you take the brush away, and use it however and wherever you like. I currently have a brush attached to a KeyBak retractable keychain and it works fine, but the end of the brush I'm trying to use is always being pulled back by the spring in the keychain. This magnet is a better solution.

grooveitmini_detached.jpg

And… like I said, the magnet is pretty darn strong!

I'll add some more thoughts to this as I use these brushes on the course. Stay tuned, ask questions, and look for @saevel25 to add his thoughts here shortly.

• Thumbs Up 4

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Own the big one. It works, no issues. But in order for it to work you have to use it. I kind of like the mini one. Leave the big one for home after the round.

Edited by snapfade

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Own the big one. It works, no issues. But in order for it to work you have to use it. I kind of like the mini one. Leave the big one for home after the round.

Yeah, the big one could be good for a range session when you're not near a bucket of water, or for your "club cleaning station" at home.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think I would like the larger one. On some hot days my wet towel dries out do this would cover that. But of course that is assuming I remember to fill it.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Absolutely, the Grooveit Brush seems like a neat concept, and I can definitely see the advantage over using a dry towel. Incorporating it into my pre-round preparation routine sounds like a key move. Even though most courses I play (in Vegas) have those water dispensers, having the option to fill it on the course just in case I forget is a win-win. Thanks for introducing me to this.

Nave

I thank @iacas for letting me try out this product. I decided to give my review after trying it out on the course. My initial thoughts are that the product is well made. The plastic seems very sturdy and durable. The bristles are firm and have no problem cleaning out the grooves. The water dispenser is nice and helped in cleaning the clubs very quickly. It is slightly bulky, and it is a bit tough to angle the bristles to clean out the groves near the hosel of the iron. Besides that, it doesn't take much effort at all to clean the golf club. The magnet is strong and holds the brush securely to the bag. So, I do not fear the brush falling off while I am playing golf, or moving it in and out of my car. 

Overall, this is a quality product that I would recommend. I can easily remember plenty of times where I wish I had some water to help clean off a dirty club. We have all been there using a tee to dig dirt out of a groove. This is a solution to that problem. The biggest reason I recommend this product is how quickly and easy it cleans the clubs. 

Here are some images. 

Hanging on the bag. Definitely a big brush. 

IMG_2060.jpg

Here are the bristles.

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

Here is a before and after cleaning of a club. I left a club dirty from a range session the other day. 

IMG_2063.jpg

Before wiping off the club after. It does a pretty good job. With the water, all of that wiped off easy leaving the club clean. 

IMG_2064.jpg

A video of how strong the magnet is. You can feel the magnet pull on the Grooveit Brush. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I’ve had a groove it (large) for 2 + years. Glad the TST crew appears to like the product. I purchased on a whim and thought I would end up disappointed a $25 club brush when you can buy cheapo club brushes on Amazon for $8-12 a pair.

My experience with cheap club brushes is that the nylon bristles are shitty and last 3-6 months or so before deformation makes them useless. I don’t like to use steel bristled brushes on my golf clubs.

The groove-it bristles are nice and stiff, and also tightly bundled. After 2 years still going strong.

IMG_3046.thumb.jpeg.6d333ba4730f015af804e8e9210adcbd.jpeg

The water spray is a nice touch for stubborn mud and grit, and mine has never leaked. The magnet is super strong, no fear of losing it - in fact I often just hold the brush near the magnet and it quickly snaps together.

I’m anal retentive about cleaning equipment. I clean my clubs with groove-it after every shot and my post round cleaning routine has been reduced to a quick wipe of clubhead and grip with a damp microfiber cloth.

Overall I think it’s a great product.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Multiple of my regular playing partners have these on their bags and I find myself using theirs frequently. I probably should just order my own.

They have had no complaints so far.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Nice. I may have to invest in one of these. I live in TN and as @StuM said, the towel can get dried out fairly quickly (especially with the heat we have had this year). I like the idea of the water pump but not sure I would want to have the large brush on the bag.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

I’ve been using the Groove Tube (not to be confused with the Groove Tubes in one of my guitar amplifiers) for years.  Very similar, 1/3 the cost, easier to squirt water than the Grooveit (you don’t have to push the button on the end, you just give it a little squeeze while it’s in your hand while brushing the club face).

I picked up a Grooveit at one point when the local shop was out of the Groove Tube.  I think it was well made, the bristles would likely last last longer than the Groove Tube bristles.  I really liked the idea of the magnet, it worked really well until it didn’t (I lost the Grooveit after a month as it fell off somewhere on the course).

I think either one comes in handy, just a matter of preference.

• Administrator

I’m definitely not a fan of the squeezing. They can squeeze out water when you don’t want to, and it can get everywhere, and though they don't have "moving parts" I feel like they're more prone to breaking. That's why I had added this:

On 8/23/2023 at 5:36 PM, iacas said:

Unlike other brands, that ask you to squeeze the sides to squirt water on the face of your club, the Grooveit has a pump that dispenses a little bit of water quickly and efficiently, and only when you want it. The body remains firm so that you can get a good scrubbing in without squeezing out a bunch more water.

This brush looks promising. It looks like it might even be able to remove the scuff marks from my hosels. 

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge