IGNORED

Golf Superpower. What's Your Pick?

Nave

Things that would "keep the core of my golf game intact", limits things quite a bit. One that would truly be a tweak without getting silly is this one.

I'd love to have the power to be able to find every single ball I hit. Would have come in handy with the cabbage I played in on Saturday. Little damn white flowers dotting shaggy grass helped me lose at three balls I wouldn't have lost anywhere else. 

Call it Ball Hunting. 

Edited by mcanadiens
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought of another one. The ability to slightly alter the ball’s trajectory mid-flight. I’m the type that talks to my ball in the air, like “draw a little” or “fade more” that kind of stuff.

Could actually be a negative if you misjudge the shot. I played with a guy over the weekend who hit a shot and he called for it to go and I said “land soft.” He almost flew the green.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 8/26/2023 at 7:00 AM, boogielicious said:

GIR Master - Ability to get the ball on the green in regulation from anywhere.

That seems to violate rule #2…

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
14 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Things that would "keep the core of my golf game intact", limits things quite a bit. One that would truly be a tweak without getting silly is this one.

I'd love to have the power to be able to find every single ball I hit. Would have come in handy with the cabbage I played in on Saturday. Little damn white flowers dotting shaggy grass helped me lose at three balls I wouldn't have lost anywhere else. 

Call it Ball Hunting. 

Underrated great idea here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, Vinsk said:

That seems to violate rule #2…

Wouldn’t be much of a “Super Power” if it wasn’t a game breaker. I was going to pick, “Never Shank the ball” but I thought you’d have taken that!😜

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Wouldn’t be much of a “Super Power” if it wasn’t a game breaker.

There are guidelines set out in the OP, though. Otherwise my superpower would be the ability to hole out any shot that I take, and then I wouldn’t even bother playing golf at all.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

There are guidelines set out in the OP, though. Otherwise my superpower would be the ability to hole out any shot that I take, and then I wouldn’t even bother playing golf at all.

And adjusting ball flight mid air with mind control meets the criteria?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Both @mcanadiens and @StuM came up with the never lose your ball thing. I really like that. Would it extend to my playing partner's ball, though? 

Playing with a buddy not long ago and he hit a 3 wood into what seemed to be dead center of a very wide fairway. My ball was over in one of the less explored portions of the property. We went to play mine first. When we came back for his we couldn't find it. We both saw it head what we thought was dead center. Damnedest thing. 

Here's a super power for you. How about the ability to summon the beverage cart at any moment? "Man, I'm thirsty. ... Oh look, here comes the beverage cart." 

I also sometimes play with a guy who's super power should be the ability to hold onto his pee for more than 3 or 4 holes at a time. Man, this dude is always in the woods. ... and not because he hits his ball there. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Wouldn’t be much of a “Super Power” if it wasn’t a game breaker. I was going to pick, “Never Shank the ball” but I thought you’d have taken that!😜

Lol…Oh that’s my first pick. But I thought that would violate rule 2 as well….😃

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

And adjusting ball flight mid air with mind control meets the criteria?

I wrote slightly, didn’t I? That doesn’t mean if your ball is beelined for the woods it magically lands in the middle of the fairway.

Bill

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Here's a super power for you. How about the ability to summon the beverage cart at any moment? "Man, I'm thirsty. ... Oh look, here comes the beverage cart." 

I like this one. Last time at my home course we were on 10 tee after stopping in and grabbing food at the turn we see the beverage cart come by. 

Didn't see it again the rest of the back 9. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

9 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Would you call that “The Brew Master”?

also sometimes play with a guy who's super power should be the ability to hold onto his pee for more than 3 or 4 holes at a time. Man, this dude is always in the woods. ... and not because he hits his ball there.

Is his current super power is “The Rainmaker”?  

• Funny 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I also sometimes play with a guy who's super power should be the ability to hold onto his pee for more than 3 or 4 holes at a time. Man, this dude is always in the woods. ... and not because he hits his ball there. 

Another thought, if you would stop summoning the beverage cart maybe he would not need to go into the trees as much! 🌳 🚽 

• Funny 2

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

This is not a super power I'd use often, but I know guys who could use it. 

Its the "Go Back In Time And Undue The Tantrum You Pitched" power. If you ever see a guy (or a gal) throw a tantrum or pitch a fit on the golf course. 99.99% of the time they look like compete and total Jack-asses. They need a super power that would allow them to see themselves as the rest of us see them as whiney babies. Then, the super power would allow them to go back in time and change that behavior. Perhaps even save them the expensive and humiliating experience of breaking a club. 

There have been a few time Bryson DeChambeau, Sergio, and/or Ian Poulter could have used that super power. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I would like to have a Jedi mind trick ability to place thoughts into a slow player/players minds…’ I’m holding up the course…my pace is too slow.’

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I would like to have a Jedi mind trick ability to place thoughts into a slow player/players minds…’ I’m holding up the course…my pace is too slow.’

I need that power!

Stuart M.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

To the Golf Marshall - “These are the slow droids you are looking for”

• Funny 3

Nave

Ability to hold up rain/weather for a few hours. It could end up being a very profitable business super power if I market it right..

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.