IGNORED

2024 PGA Championship

colin007

Looks like a two-day tournament by Tiger.

Scheffler shooting 66 after a trip to jail. He spent the time there to warm up.

It’s wild how Xander hasn’t won since the Genesis in 2022.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, snapfade said:

They can't dance either...😂

Vishal S.

Someone get Ted Scott on a plane!

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Why are they showing almost every shot by Theegala? Burmester also gets a lot of TV time. Then suddenly someone at +2 or -1 missing a putt. At least throw in a shot now and then from the others in the top 20.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I’m sad that no player got arrested this morning. It should be a feature now for every tournament.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’m sad that no player got arrested this morning. It should be a feature now for every tournament.

The best was Tommy Gainey in the prostitution sting a few years ago. Now that was funny.

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

That’s a pre Sunday leaderboard I can like.

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Give it time.

if Hatton misses another shot he might launch his club & hit someone .

• Funny 1

Fun to see a competitive Sunday leaderboard. Glad to see Viktor playing well again, especially after reading the story about him the other day where he didn’t seem to be in a great spot. Seems Joe gets him playing his best. 

April 2024 hcp: 20.3

I like a course that plays tough for a major, but this is what matters. Back and forth, multiple players in contention and drama on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Morikawa can’t buy a putt.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I never wanted someone to make a putt more than that one! 

• Thumbs Up 5

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

16 LIV guys played.

• 1 top 10
  • 1 between 10-25
  • 2 between 26 - 40
  • 7 between 43 and 73
  • 5 missed the cut 

So much for the asterisks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes! That has gotta be two of greatest championship golf up and downs (17th and 18th) I have ever witnessed. Gritty and awesome as hell. Thoroughly entertaining. Sooo happy for X.

10 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I never wanted someone to make a putt more than that one! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

13 hours ago, iacas said:

16 LIV guys played.

• 1 top 10
  • 1 between 10-25
  • 2 between 26 - 40
  • 7 between 43 and 73
  • 5 missed the cut 

So much for the asterisks.

I use percentages a lot and to translate above to %

Of the total 153 in the field (excludes WD) 78 made the Cut is @ 51% overall.

Of the 16 LIV  in the field 11 made the cut is @ 69% vs the 67 PGAT Players making the cut is @ 49%  - Advantage to LIV...But you could also say they were bigger fish in the smaller pond.

Of the 11 LIV Players that made the Cut @ 6% were in the Top 10 vs @ 7% of the PGAT Players - Slight Advantage to PGAT

Of the 11 LIV Players that made the Cut 2, @ 9% were between 10-25 vs @ 21% of the PGAT Players - Advantage PGAT

Of the 11 LIV Players that made the Cust 7, @ 64%, were in the bottom 38 players vs @ 46% of the PGAT Players - Advantage PGAT

In my opinion PGAT performed better overall despite LIV wining the % that made the cut.

It is true that making the cut is a big deal but in reality all that means is they were better than the bottom 50% of all players.  If we are looking to identify the "Cream of the Crop" simply being in the top 50% does not cut it.

I agree, no asterisks needed.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

@StuM there were 21 PGA professionals in the field.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

48 minutes ago, billchao said:

@StuM there were 21 PGA professionals in the field.

OK, then instead of "PGAT Players" we can just say "Non-LIV Players".  I'm not sure that changes my opinion much. unless all 21 PGA Pros missed the cut which would dramatically impact the percentage of PGAT Players making the cut throwing more advantage to the "Non-LIV" group.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)