IGNORED

2024 U.S. Open at Pinehurst

colin007

3 hours ago, Zeph said:

496/496 putts inside 3 feet. The number of putts made by Rory before the 16th today.

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

That last one was brutal, looked like a foot of break

16th was a bit of loss of concentration and 18th looked like a low percentage putt from get go. I thought he ran out of mental gas those last few holes. 

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rory and Bryson are two of my favorites for some time.  This was a great watch.  Poor Rory looked gutted and (heat?) exhausted at the end there.  Bryson play US Open golf - Captain Scramble.  Avoid the blowups and accidentally find a birdie on occasion and it goes far,  

Bill - 

We liking BDC yet? Nope. I actually tried but who was I kidding? Can't get over the fact that he works for MBS. Entertaining, autograph signer/influencer extraordinaire, whatever.. Can't forget that the end of the day he chose the wrong side of history. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Vishal S.

I mean, everything is so complicated now with the US being in bed with the House of Saud for so long

I did enjoy his unbridled enthusiasm and the fact that he graciously chose not to criticize Rory for dipping out

Colin P.

For what it's worth, I never took Bryson as a bad person. Now more so, he seems way more genuine now than he used to be. He just leaning into his personality, and I think that is a good thing because he is a very entertaining golfer. I find his YouTube channel entertaining. He just made a questionable business decision in joining LIV. 

I mean, man props to Bryson here. Bryson, during the final round, between the 17th and 18th hole signed the hat of a disabled kid. He didn't have to go out of his way to do this. Same for Rory, Rory stopped on by as well to greet the kid. Mad props to Rory as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

(edited)
1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

We liking BDC yet? Nope. I actually tried but who was I kidding? Can't get over the fact that he works for MBS. Entertaining, autograph signer/influencer extraordinaire, whatever.. Can't forget that the end of the day he chose the wrong side of history. 

I get it. Believe me, I get it. 

The one thing I will say for Bryson is he is one of the very few LIV guys who's still trying to improve his game. A lot of the LIV guys feel like they are just mailing it in. They got the huge payday and now they are just trying to fulfill their obligations to show up. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

15 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I get it. Believe me, I get it. 

The one thing I will say for Bryson is he is one of the very few LIV guys who's still trying to improve his game. A lot of the LIV guys feel like they are just mailing it in. They got the huge payday and now they are just trying to fulfill their obligations to show up. 

I mean maybe? Or maybe they just aren't playing frequently enough to stay super sharp. 

Just because they don't put up good results doesn't mean they aren't trying/practicing.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

24 minutes ago, klineka said:

I mean maybe? Or maybe they just aren't playing frequently enough to stay super sharp. 

Just because they don't put up good results doesn't mean they aren't trying/practicing.

Fair enough. You could be right. 

Although, Cam Smith, to his credit, admitted it. His quote was something to the effect of "LIV Golf ruined my game. I have no drive what so ever to practice." I'm paraphrasing a little, but that was basically what he said. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

One thing is clear; the only time anyone cares about the LIV guys is when they come over to the PGAT to do anything meaningful. Then they go back to peaceful slumber until it's time for the next major. Tell me BDC get's even 1% of yesterday excited about anything LIV and I say you are a LIVbot. 

28 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Although, Cam Smith, to his credit, admitted it. His quote was something to the effect of "LIV Golf ruined my game. I have no drive what so ever to practice." I'm paraphrasing a little, but that was basically what he said. 

"You ain't running" 

"Ain't nothin to chase, ain't nothing chasing me". 

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

It’s similar, I think, to people who say, ‘ if I won the big lottery, I’d still keep my job.’ Well, maybe. But when that money comes in….plans change. The necessity of work unless you’re one of the few who truly love their job and financial compensation, can wane real quick when the ‘need’ is gone. 

No question these guys love the thrill of playing majors and the fame that comes from winning one. But where’s the thrill of winning a LIV tournament? It’s just the money which they already have. Nobody cares who wins a LIV Championship. It’s like comparing a match with some buddies, drinking, music…ok, you won.

LIV will never reach the status of a PGAT major nor many other non-major events. Maybe BD is naive enough to think people taking interest in him will drive more LIV viewership. It won’t. It will just make people wish he was back on tour more than ever.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

19 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Maybe BD is naive enough to think people taking interest in him will drive more LIV viewership. It won’t. It will just make people wish he was back on tour more than ever.

This.

Vishal S.

21 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Maybe BD is naive enough to think people taking interest in him will drive more LIV viewership. It won’t. It will just make people wish he was back on tour more than ever.

I am not sure that is what he is driving with his YouTube channel. I think he would be doing exactly the same thing is now if he never left for LIV.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I am not sure that is what he is driving with his YouTube channel. I think he would be doing exactly the same thing is now if he never left for LIV.

Oh yes I agree. I’m not saying he did his media stuff for that reason, I’m just speculating that maybe he hopes that happens. BD obviously loves competition and fans, which he’s really not getting with LIV.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

14 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Oh yes I agree. I’m not saying he did his media stuff for that reason, I’m just speculating that maybe he hopes that happens. BD obviously loves competition and fans, which he’s really not getting with LIV.

Conjecture.  This sounds like you’re just making up the excuse to not like him even more.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

A little refresher. here is an article about Bryson at the 2021 Ryder Cup. He was the "entertainer" then.

"Wherever he went the crowd welcomed him like a Packer walking into an Oshkosh bar, and DeChambeau responded with nods and thumbs-up and cap-tips and shouts of “Let’s go!” On the sixth, when the crowd began to boo when he grabbed his 3-wood, Bryson loudly proclaimed, “Guys, I’m still going for the green, calm down,” which dialed the cheers back to 10. Spectacle recognizes spectacle, after all. On this afternoon, one would have had a hell of a time explaining to an outsider that he was the most divisive guy in golf."

No American had more questions entering the Ryder Cup than DeChambeau. By Sunday evening, he answered them all and looked, at long last, like he was enjoying golf again.

Yeah but then he effed it all up by going to LIV. If he didn't, I would be celebrating right now.

5 hours ago, colin007 said:

I mean, everything is so complicated now with the US being in bed with the House of Saud 

But he chose to drink sheik juice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Maybe BD is naive enough to think people taking interest in him will drive more LIV viewership.

I doubt Bryson cares about promoting LIV. Airing grievances with the PGAT on social media is more of a Greg Norman and Phil thing. Does he even really mention his team or whatever on his videos? I haven’t watched many of them but I don’t recall seeing that. He’s promoting his own brand (himself) with his social media.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

16 minutes ago, billchao said:

I doubt Bryson cares about promoting LIV. Airing grievances with the PGAT on social media is more of a Greg Norman and Phil thing. Does he even really mention his team or whatever on his videos? I haven’t watched many of them but I don’t recall seeing that. He’s promoting his own brand (himself) with his social media.

You are absolutely right he never mentions LIV in his videos. The only reason he has his LIV team's logo on hat and shirt is a contractual obligation. And there is nothing phony about his fan interaction - one only has to go back and look how he interacted with fans at the President's cup and Ryder Cup. I hope the President's cup captain has the "presence of mind" to select Bryson as a Captains pick.