IGNORED

Ian Poulter - Ass

iacas
Note: This thread is 2022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As long as Ian Poulter continues to play golf, I doubt this thread will die (unless a new one is started). Whenever I watch him for an extended period of time, or I guess whenever he's on camera for more than just a few shots, ie in contention, he does something to remind me how much of an ass he really seems to be. And once again, he acted like a dick with the whole drop situation vs Sergio Garcia at the match play and I was immediately reminded of this thread. Jerk.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Administrator
As long as Ian Poulter continues to play golf, I doubt this thread will die (unless a new one is started).

Seeing as how nobody posting lately in this thread has bothered to read the first page or two, I agree... I'd also be willing to give Ian the benefit of the doubt for what he did at the 16th had he not flipped the bird during Jack's tournament and proceeded to let loose with a string of of cursing while kids were right there (as described earlier in the thread).

So, since people can't bother to look back, I'm closing the thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Linville locked and unlocked this topic
  • 8 months later...
  • Administrator

Some things never change…

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-09%20at%202.12.2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas unlocked this topic

Dude hasn't won in over 4 years and he's acting like it's the cameraman's fault he sucks.  I can't stand this grade A douche bag.

Driver: Cobra FlyZ | 9.5 Degrees Draw | Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec
Fairway Wood: Cobra F7 3-4 Wood | 14.5 degrees | Fujikura Pro 65
Hybrid: Cobra F7 3-4H | 19 degrees | Fujikura Pro 75H
Irons: Srixon Z545 (4-Iron) | Srixon Z 765 (5-PW)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 | 50 F Grind | 54 M Grind | 58 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 1W WBW

Never could like this guy. Little to full of himself imo.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

9 hours ago, OrangeHog said:

Dude hasn't won in over 4 years and he's acting like it's the cameraman's fault he sucks.  I can't stand this grade A douche bag.

Bad case of anger management - taking it out on whoever is around. Poulter sometimes goes ballistic on twitter critics instead of ignoring them like most pros would.

Might be healthier to kick the bag or throw the club.

http://www.foxsports.com/golf/story/pga-tour-ian-poulter-valspar-championship-twitter-heckler-fired-031716

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

11 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

2284311A00000578-3820101-image-a-119_1475513323262.jpg

Which member of the gallery is he berating in this photo? Some little old lady? Did she cough during his swing?:-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Which member of the gallery is he berating in this photo? Some little old lady? Did she cough during his swing?:-P

Probably a baby that burped four seconds after impact.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...
27 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

Time to bump this thread ? He's back.

DAMN...I was hoping he would fail.   He did finish strong but he's still an ass.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

@iacas did he get fined for his behavior towards you?

Yep.

And it's not because I reported it, anywhere, at the time. I suspect maybe the camera operators or someone else did. Maybe the walking scorers or ShotLink people or something… I don't know.

He's incredibly good in Match Play. The way he comes off on tv, he's a love'em or hate'em knd of guy, sort of like Sergio. I happen to like him, I love seeing him fired up, but definitely cringe when he acts out when not playing well. But as bad as he can be, has anyone ever topped the Stevie Williams - Tiger Woods tag team when it came to berating fans or photographers (Williams) and acting out (Tiger) when things went wrong?

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Even if I didn't hear specific stories (like @iacas') of him actually just being an asshole, I'd probably still dislike him.  I don't know why - there just seems to be a difference between hyper-competitiveness (like Tiger, or even Patrick Reed) and Poulter's over-the-top douchebag chest-pounding routine.

There are very few players I would actively root against, and he's one of them.

• Upvote 1

- John

Note: This thread is 2022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!