IGNORED

WITB Photo Edition!

10 hours ago, mvmac said:

I know the Project X makes good shafts, all depends on how it fits your launch conditions. From what I've heard they feel more "boardy" than a DG or KBS and launch the ball a little lower than a KBS Tour or CFS. You probably know this but the Project X shafts are one of the custom shafts you can order from PING at no extra cost.

Yes I saw that. I'm going to do a Ping fitting in a couple of weeks. Currently I'm playing Callaway Steelhead but I think the shaft wasn't really researched enough. I hit a few shots and although the irons 'feel' nice, I'm getting really high trajectories despite seeing divot well in front of the ball and the video showed my hands in front of the ball at impact. I was hitting my 7i 165-170 with a max distance of 176. The strike felt very solid but sounds 'clanky.' I think the XP95 shaft is too light for me. I'm not very knowledgeable with shafts but I think I would do better with something more like a PX/KBS/CFS. I'm gonna take the time to do a complete fitting at my course with Ping. Thanks for you information Mike. BTW, I really like my Callaway BB 3 hybrid and BB 3W. Both are really nice off the deck.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, mvmac said:

Updated WITB.

Few changes. I went back to a G30 driver, previous one was a 10.5°, now using a 9°. Did some testing with my G and G30 on Trackman and for whatever reason I hit the G30 more solid and consistently more in the center of the face compared to the G. Both had the same shaft and were the same length.

Switched from the iE1 irons to the i200's, big fan of these irons. They look clean at address but have some nice forgiveness to them. PING also added some bounce so they feel great through the turf. I went with the Power Spec lofts, the stock lofts are a little weaker compared to the iE1 irons so I wanted to keep them on the "stronger" side of the spectrum and I like the gapping better. Marty Jertson also recommended I go Power Spec cause that's what he does ;-) Good news is that they still fly plenty high, bounce doesn't get screwed up or add noticeable offset at address.

Kind of up in the air on what fairway and hybrid to use. I think for the short term I'll be using the BB Alpha 816 fairway and 20° Apex hybrid. Was using the G fairway and it's works fine but I'm not in love with it. I think I screwed up with the shaft I had put in there, it's the stock blue one and the overall club feels too light.

Always looking for a good fairway wood, haven't had one that I've really liked since the TaylorMade V Steel or Callaway Steelhead III (if anyone remembers those). I might check out the M2 fairway or the Epic or re-shaft the G.

For the hybrid I was using a 4-Crossover (21°) but with my new i200 4-iron being 22° it might make sense to go to a slightly stronger hybrid. The Apex is also stupid easy to hit and launches high without ballooning. I also have a 3-Crossover that was bent to 19° but that has more of a penetrating flight.

Sticking with the same wedges and putter. Probably the longest I've ever had a putter in the bag. This B60 just fits my eye really well,

• 9° G30, 45.25" PING Tour Stiff 65
  • 16° BB 816 Alpha, stiff stock Aldila
  • 20° Callaway Apex Hybrid, stock Kuro Kage stiff
  • i200 4-W, CFS stiff, red color code, standard length
  • Glide Wedges, CFS stiff, 50° red, 55° red, 60° purple, standard length
  • B65 Cadence TR, 34.25", Orange color code, loft is 2°
  • Snell My Tour Ball or B330Rx
  • PURE Midsize DTX green grips

Screen_Shot_2017-03-13_at_8_14.50_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-03-13_at_10_19.54_PM.png

I haven't had a lot of time with it yet but the M1 3w seems to fit what your looking for. It's not to big of a head but isn't tiny like a tour model either. The adjustable loft is kind of cool as well.  I have no problem hitting if off the ground. Not to mention it looks really cool with the Aldila Rouge Black shaft:-D.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I think the XP95 shaft is too light for me. I'm not very knowledgeable with shafts but I think I would do better with something more like a PX/KBS/CFS.

Yeah the XP95 is designed to launch the ball high.

8 minutes ago, Jakester23 said:

I haven't had a lot of time with it yet but the M1 3w seems to fit what your looking for. It's not to big of a head but isn't tiny like a tour model either. The adjustable loft is kind of cool as well.  I have no problem hitting if off the ground. Not to mention it looks really cool with the Aldila Rouge Black shaft:-D.

Cool, I'll have to check it out.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

On 3/14/2017 at 11:29 AM, mvmac said:

Updated WITB.

Few changes. I went back to a G30 driver, previous one was a 10.5°, now using a 9°. Did some testing with my G and G30 on Trackman and for whatever reason I hit the G30 more solid and consistently more in the center of the face compared to the G. Both had the same shaft and were the same length.

Switched from the iE1 irons to the i200's, big fan of these irons. They look clean at address but have some nice forgiveness to them. PING also added some bounce so they feel great through the turf. I went with the Power Spec lofts, the stock lofts are a little weaker compared to the iE1 irons so I wanted to keep them on the "stronger" side of the spectrum and I like the gapping better. Marty Jertson also recommended I go Power Spec cause that's what he does ;-) Good news is that they still fly plenty high, bounce doesn't get screwed up or add noticeable offset at address.

Kind of up in the air on what fairway and hybrid to use. I think for the short term I'll be using the BB Alpha 816 fairway and 20° Apex hybrid. Was using the G fairway and it's works fine but I'm not in love with it. I think I screwed up with the shaft I had put in there, it's the stock blue one and the overall club feels too light.

Always looking for a good fairway wood, haven't had one that I've really liked since the TaylorMade V Steel or Callaway Steelhead III (if anyone remembers those). I might check out the M2 fairway or the Epic or re-shaft the G.

For the hybrid I was using a 4-Crossover (21°) but with my new i200 4-iron being 22° it might make sense to go to a slightly stronger hybrid. The Apex is also stupid easy to hit and launches high without ballooning. I also have a 3-Crossover that was bent to 19° but that has more of a penetrating flight.

Sticking with the same wedges and putter. Probably the longest I've ever had a putter in the bag. This B60 just fits my eye really well,

• 9° G30, 45.25" PING Tour Stiff 65
  • 16° BB 816 Alpha, stiff stock Aldila
  • 20° Callaway Apex Hybrid, stock Kuro Kage stiff
  • i200 4-W, CFS stiff, red color code, standard length
  • Glide Wedges, CFS stiff, 50° red, 55° red, 60° purple, standard length
  • B65 Cadence TR, 34.25", Orange color code, loft is 2°
  • Snell My Tour Ball or B330Rx
  • PURE Midsize DTX green grips

Screen_Shot_2017-03-13_at_8_14.50_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-03-13_at_10_19.54_PM.png

Few more pics.

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.16.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.15.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.16.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.16.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.16.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.17.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 10.17.19 PM.png

• Upvote 2

Mike McLoughlin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

New to The Sand Trap Forums. Been a process over the past few years of different drivers, putters and irons. After only one round I already feel confident I have found my bag for the next few years. 

Driver: Ping G 10.5 w/ Fujikura Pro 60

FW: Ping G 3 Wood w/ Fujikura Atmos    6s

Hybrid: Ping G 19 degree Hybrid w/ Fujikura Atmos 7s

Irons: Bridgestone J15cb 4-9 w/ DG PRO S300

Wedges: Cleveland RTX3 46,50,54,58 w/ DG wedge

Putter: Machine Adjuster Putter

CD892EFD-959C-46DE-A6AA-0D4230CF7A7B.jpeg

4EBC028D-A878-4113-B8DA-58AAB403646F.jpeg

6E900013-7C63-4009-AB6A-2619DF82E03B.jpeg

A30B7F6C-DA09-47A2-BF4E-5E99AA01DE43.jpeg

C01176AA-8DE1-42C4-B2F1-13E813C94F05.jpeg

C12D72B4-EF9E-41B3-B712-32277C945E2B.jpeg

0A0A570F-5A0B-4040-85F8-996736F697B7.jpeg

2C053E02-6446-4138-BE41-F84C059740FB.jpeg

243DC611-699D-4983-903D-7AB415FA940B.jpeg

6A00E538-80FF-47B8-A95B-1D8DDC008CB4.jpeg

DC1212C9-EE49-4F42-895F-C2D408253312.jpeg

F5C21B32-F191-425B-9BEC-4C7257D25F3E.jpeg

Welcome to The Sand Trap @Jahren01

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Good pictures, and welcome to The SandTrap @Jahren01!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Dry Tortuga said:

How do you like those i200 irons?

Great for me. Played a lot of round with them and can't complain. Good combo of forgiveness, durability, distance, clean look at address and trajectory control. They also have a lot of bounce/camber which is a great design feature.

Recently just upgraded to the i210's, will have to post some updated pics.

Mike McLoughlin

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

Great for me. Played a lot of round with them and can't complain. Good combo of forgiveness, durability, distance, clean look at address and trajectory control. They also have a lot of bounce/camber which is a great design feature.

Recently just upgraded to the i210's, will have to post some updated pics.

I think my next iron set will have to be Ping! Let me know how the 210's compare. Thanks

🍩🧇

Driver: Nike Covert 2.0 (Tour Issue, OHT Serial, 2 dots), 9.5* Neutral, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 50 Stiff

3 Wood: Nike VR Pro STR8-FIT, Project X 6.0

3 Iron: PXG 0311 X Gen1, TT DG X100

4-6 Irons: PXG 0311 XF Gen 1, TT DG X100

7-W Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 1, TT DG X100

Wedges: PXG 0311 Gen 1 52/56/60, TT DG X100

Putter: Titleist 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport

Irons and Wedges have been FLO’d. Irons have been MOI’d. Putter covers are on a rotation. Scotty Cameron gallery is close to where I live, so I pop in every once in a while.

WITB_2_.jpg

WITB_1_.jpg

WITB_3_.jpg

WITB_HC1_.jpg

WITB_HC2_.jpg

• Like 1

-Jimmy

:nike: VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

2 hours ago, Dry Tortuga said:

Man, those putter covers are beautiful.

How do you like the PXG irons?

Thanks! I really like the covers. I plan to add to my collection over time. I got the white one on eBay. The others are from the Scotty Cameron gallery.

I REALLY like the PXG's. I just got them a couple of weeks ago and only have 1 round on them. And a lot of range practice as well. They feel nice and soft on good strikes. The MSRP was out of my price range, but PXG had a 50% off sale on the gen 1 irons. I was about to buy some new Mizuno's but once I found out about the PXG sale, I had to test them with my fitter and fell in love with them. I highly recommend! I believe the sale is still on until they get rid of all their Gen 1 inventory.

• Like 1

-Jimmy

05C2A7E8-E275-4E3A-B210-CF26BB6D8CEB.thumb.png.cd9214763b8ba82ee1e3cc1992b77926.png

Driver- Cobra F6 played at 10.5* reshafted with accuflex evolution x flex tipped an inch

FW- Srixon F45 4w played 1* strong at 16* reshafted with a Proforce Axiv red s flex(hard shaft to find lately)

Hybrid- Srixon H45 3i 19* stock Kuro Kage s flex

Irons- 4-P Srixon z945 non tour issue x100

Wedges- Cleveland 588 original rotex face stock s200(will be getting replaced with rtx3’s very soon)

Putter- Tour Edge Backdraft, I also use a odyssey blade( I believe no. 4) but we are currently disagreeing on what a “made putt” is.F944D985-A2DD-4488-A3D9-16306DC28BD4.thumb.png.dad9e97f1876844290dfe6c007da6192.png

i threw this in because I’ve mentioned the long drive stuff in another post. This was my training/ practice club. Big Bang 450 7.5* with an old rifle 7.0 shaft. 48.5” inches. If you look close you can see that it has a ton of lead tape on it, not just the head but all the way up the shaft in spaced out groupings. It weighs almost 600g now I just use it to dry swing and warm up before a round. 

Also im brand whore and a theme dork. Grips are done in a Irish theme but I used grey instead of white because white gets too dirty too quick. 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:22 PM, jimnm said:

Driver: Nike Covert 2.0 (Tour Issue, OHT Serial, 2 dots), 9.5* Neutral, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 50 Stiff

3 Wood: Nike VR Pro STR8-FIT, Project X 6.0

3 Iron: PXG 0311 X Gen1, TT DG X100

4-6 Irons: PXG 0311 XF Gen 1, TT DG X100

7-W Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 1, TT DG X100

Wedges: PXG 0311 Gen 1 52/56/60, TT DG X100

Putter: Titleist 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport

Irons and Wedges have been FLO’d. Irons have been MOI’d. Putter covers are on a rotation. Scotty Cameron gallery is close to where I live, so I pop in every once in a while.

WITB_2_.jpg

WITB_1_.jpg

WITB_3_.jpg

WITB_HC1_.jpg

WITB_HC2_.jpg

All that money on those nice PXGs and you are gaming an old shitty Nike Driver?

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

45 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

All that money on those nice PXGs and you are gaming an old shitty Nike Driver?

I actually really like my Nike driver/3 wood. Cost has nothing to do with it. I tried testing M3/M4 and new Ping drivers and they were on par with my Nike. I was never fitted for the Nike, but maybe I got lucky and it just suits my swing. Until I can find something that outperforms what I have, I'll stick with what I have... I actually have a free fitting for TS2/3 with Titleist tomorrow.

The money for the PXG's were about the going rate of new Mizuno's or any of the other big manufacturers. Since they are gen 1. Not as expensive as most would think...

-Jimmy

1 minute ago, jimnm said:

I actually really like my Nike driver/3 wood. Cost has nothing to do with it. I tried testing M3/M4 and new Ping drivers and they were on par with my Nike. I was never fitted for the Nike, but maybe I got lucky and it just suits my swing. Until I can find something that outperforms what I have, I'll stick with what I have... I actually have a free fitting for TS2/3 with Titleist tomorrow.

The money for the PXG's were about the going rate of new Mizuno's or any of the other big manufacturers. Since they are gen 1. Not as expensive as most would think...

Hey, to each their own. I have just never liked Nike equipment all that much, and the Covert driver was possibly the worst driver I ever hit. I had a good buddy that was the Nike Golf rep for our area and I still wouldn't play their stuff. But I am all for sticking with what works regardless of what anyone else says so good luck.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1