IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Driver - 260 - 345 yds (Ok, I only got 345 once but I'm counting it!

3W - 220 yds

Ping crossover 4i - 195-210 yds

5i  - 175 - 190 yds

6i - 160 - 170 yds

7i - 155 - 160 yds

8i - 145- 150 yds

9i - 130 - 140 yds

PW 115 - 125 yds

SW 100 - 110 yds

Putter - 3 yds past the hole

• 9 months later...
On 10/30/2018 at 8:24 PM, onthehunt526 said:

Distance is the number 1 variant

Driver: 250 (total)

3-hybrid: 215 (carry)

4-hybrid: don't know

5-iron: 180

6-iron: 167

7-iron: 155

8-iron: 140-145

9-iron: 130 ish

Wedge: 115

Other wedges: who knows? Don't hit full.

Putter: on the green.

My signature doesn't reflect WITB right now so bare with:

Driver:  265 (carry and getting longer)

4-wood: 220 (shit I don't hit this the best)

4-iron: 208

5-iron: 195

6-iron: 182

7-iron: 170

8-iron: 157

9-iron: 145

PW: 133

GW: 120

SW + LW who knows maybe up to 100 yards with the 56° and never more than 50 yards with the 60° I only really use my 60° out of the sand so I don't really know.

Putter: I guess on the green. But I suppose I could pull an Eddie Pepperell on a 150-yard par-three... I've never tried it, I've seen some putters at the Re-Use Center that maybe you could try that with. But the newer putters, it seems like you'd snap a weld trying that.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Driver 240 to 290 (267 avg)
  • 2 Hyrbid 235
  • 3 Hybrid 225
  • 4 Iron 210
  • 5 Iron 190
  • 6 Iron 180
  • 7 Iron 170
  • 8 Iron 155
  • 9 Iron 145
  • PW 125
  • GW 115
  • 54 Wedge 90
  • 58 Wedge no idea, don't take full swings with it
Edited by Inferno2ss

On 12/29/2016 at 6:04 PM, StefanUrkel said:

I don't believe a 9 handicap average 300 yards drives and hits a 3 wood 260.

My brother is around a 14 handicap and he averages close to 300 yards (287) on his drives.  I've seen him hit multiple 340 yard drives in a round with no helping wind.  His club head speed is around 116 mph.  He absolutely crushes his driver, woods and hybrids, but cant hit a green with his irons and can't chip to save his life.  He is also 55, too.  

Just saying you never know what some one else is good at.  

Actually, I’d think that simply giving driver and 7i club head speeds with proper fit and normal swings when getting measured covers the gist of this thread?

Me- 102.4/89.5 (Mevo/Trackman) 10 swings each

Son-118.5 (122 fastest group of 10 average on GC Quad)/101.1 (Mevo/Trackman)

Carry and total distance varies a lot depending upon strike and conditions.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

This is gonna be a bit weird

1W: 235

3W: 220

5W: 205

4H: 190

5H: 180

6I: 170

7I: 160

8I: 150

9I: 140

PW: 130

GW: 105

SW: 75

LW: 40

Gets a bit sketchy once I get down to the wedges. I don’t really hit my GW 100% a lot, normally just for around 80 shots and in. Same with the SW and LW. I’ll choke down just a bit on the PW for 110-120 yd shots.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I will attest to the carry, but the roll out obviously varies, listing both in yards. Slow head speed and traditional lofted irons gets me this:

Driver: 230/250

4 Wood: 200/215

3 iron: 180/200

4 iron:170/180

5 HY: 170/185

5 iron: 160/170

6 iron:145/155

7 iron: 130-135/138-145

8 iron: 120/128

9 iron: 107/115

PW: 95-98-similar

53: 75

58: 55

Just bought a set of Ping Eye 2s off of @topoftheline89 and will report back in after I get consistent range results, that is, if I decide to game them

Just now, dagolfer18 said:

This is gonna be a bit weird

1W: 235

3W: 220

5W: 205

4H: 190

5H: 180

6I: 170

7I: 160

8I: 150

9I: 140

PW: 130

GW: 105

SW: 75

LW: 40

Gets a bit sketchy once I get down to the wedges. I don’t really hit my GW 100% a lot, normally just for around 80 shots and in. Same with the SW and LW. I’ll choke down just a bit on the PW for 110-120 yd shots.

Not really weird at all to me, as I have the same drop off when it comes to wedges. Easy pitches are better at <100 yards than full shots are for me, anyhow. If you see me at 40 yards with my 58 during a round, please stop me and remind me that I don't ever play that shot.

Edited by Bonvivant
syntax
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

17 hours ago, Inferno2ss said:

My brother is around a 14 handicap and he averages close to 300 yards (287) on his drives.  I've seen him hit multiple 340 yard drives in a round with no helping wind.  His club head speed is around 116 mph.  He absolutely crushes his driver, woods and hybrids, but cant hit a green with his irons and can't chip to save his life.  He is also 55, too.  

If you show me a 55 year old that averages 300 yards with driver, and is still playing off 14, I'll eat my hat. He would be almost driving the green (1/2 wedge in) off most par 4s off of members tees around here. That's tour level, and if you ask me, he's blowing smoke.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

On 10/4/2019 at 4:58 AM, Inferno2ss said:

116 is pretty fast for a 55 year old. Don’t know many who are that fast for all age groups, much less at Champions Tour age?

11 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

If you show me a 55 year old that averages 300 yards with driver, and is still playing off 14, I'll eat my hat. He would be almost driving the green (1/2 wedge in) off most par 4s off of members tees around here. That's tour level, and if you ask me, he's blowing smoke.

He didn’t say straight, and I didn’t read the 55 year old part. They’re probably playing in Australia where the dollar and yards are only 0.68 times the US 😂

• Like 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

12 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

@Bonvivant golf is a funny game, awful balsy of you to make that statement. 

Yes, I know of a guy who averages, not occasionally hits 300 but is north of 300 off of the tee.  And he is a 14.

The guy crushes the ball but he really suffers at hitting irons.  

If you looked at him and made that statement he would first play a round with and after he would ask if you wanted ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut with your hat.

Oh yeah, he did play a little in the USFL back in the day.  Big dude that can really swing a Driver.  And he is pretty accurate with it.  The guy want as a scramble partner in those events.

He is north of 55 as well.  

To top it off, Taylormade under warranty replaced his Driver.  They couldn't believe he cracked the face on it. So a Taylormade Rep meet him at his course and measured his swing speed.  Once they finished the TM Rep got him a custom head and shaft that was exclusively mad for Tour PGA Pros.

No off the shelf Driver could handle his swing speed

• Like 1

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

15 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

I will attest to the carry, but the roll out obviously varies, listing both in yards. Slow head speed and traditional lofted irons gets me this:

Driver: 230/250

4 Wood: 200/215

3 iron: 180/200

4 iron:170/180

5 HY: 170/185

5 iron: 160/170

6 iron:145/155

7 iron: 130-135/138-145

8 iron: 120/128

9 iron: 107/115

PW: 95-98-similar

53: 75

58: 55

Just bought a set of Ping Eye 2s off of @topoftheline89 and will report back in after I get consistent range results, that is, if I decide to game them

Not really weird at all to me, as I have the same drop off when it comes to wedges. Easy pitches are better at <100 yards than full shots are for me, anyhow. If you see me at 40 yards with my 58 during a round, please stop me and remind me that I don't ever play that shot.

You and I have very similar games. I never use my SW and LW, especially the LW, on 40 us shots unless I absolutely have to get one close. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Hmmm... why should it be almost automatic that you lose swing speed as you age?  Even though you still have the same life habits and same exercise or non-exercise regimen?

Spoken like a young'n.

Because stuff hurts and your body just won't move that way anymore.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

You and I have very similar games. I never use my SW and LW, especially the LW, on 40 us shots unless I absolutely have to get one close

Hmmm... don't you always want to get one close???

1 hour ago, djake said:

@Bonvivant golf is a funny game, awful balsy of you to make that statement. 

Yes, I know of a guy who averages, not occasionally hits 300 but is north of 300 off of the tee.  And he is a 14.

The guy crushes the ball but he really suffers at hitting irons.  

If you looked at him and made that statement he would first play a round with and after he would ask if you wanted ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut with your hat.

Oh yeah, he did play a little in the USFL back in the day.  Big dude that can really swing a Driver.  And he is pretty accurate with it.  The guy want as a scramble partner in those events.

He is north of 55 as well.  

To top it off, Taylormade under warranty replaced his Driver.  They couldn't believe he cracked the face on it. So a Taylormade Rep meet him at his course and measured his swing speed.  Once they finished the TM Rep got him a custom head and shaft that was exclusively mad for Tour PGA Pros.

No off the shelf Driver could handle his swing speed

Pretty impressive. I guess I am wrong. I'd be curious to hear if @iacas has run into any people that play that game.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Hmmm... don't you always want to get one close???

I think he means land one close, in a short side scenario or something. That's about the only time that I'll hit my 58, besides some sand shots.

46 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

Pretty impressive. I guess I am wrong. I'd be curious to hear if @iacas has run into any people that play that game.

I’ve run into them, but the usually don’t stay a 14 for long once they have a semblance of accuracy and are trying to score well near or on the greens. Usually, at the start of a season.

Definitely and outlier being over 55, and you’re hat is going to be pretty safe especially in the 55 and over group, but you know that 😁

@Double Mocha Man, you can find the aging stats almost as soon as you google “age and driving distance”. I haven’t lost distance yet, but I can see it coming around the corner...

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I’ve run into them, but the usually don’t stay a 14 for long once they have a semblance of accuracy and are trying to score well near or on the greens. Usually, at the start of a season.

Definitely and outlier being over 55, and you’re hat is going to be pretty safe especially in the 55 and over group, but you know that 😁

@Double Mocha Man, you can find the aging stats almost as soon as you google “age and driving distance”. I haven’t lost distance yet, but I can see it coming around the corner...

Wow.  Google claims 10 yards for every 10 years of advanced age.  I recommend you just stop observing birthdays... that should do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Wow.  Google claims 10 yards for every 10 years of advanced age.  I recommend you just stop observing birthdays... that should do it.

Yeah, wish it were that simple.

Stem cells could probably reverse the process? But we have no precise idea how?

Enough widespread use of Stem cells might lead to some form of super-cancer or something else equally unpleasant 😂😱😂

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 941 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!