IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

My point is, does it matter what it's called?  If you change "stack and tilt" to "turn, extend, tilt" does it really change anything?  It works, whatever you called it. "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

SnT is a push draw pattern. EVERY student, if doing it correctly, will hit a push draw. 5sk is a system of teaching that allows for whatever shot pattern a student wants to develop including a push draw but if your natural tendencies are a fade and your happy playing a fade 5sk can help you refine that fade and make it more repeatable. 5sk doesn't force every student into the same (push draw) box.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by minitour

My point is, does it matter what it's called?  If you change "stack and tilt" to "turn, extend, tilt" does it really change anything?  It works, whatever you called it.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

SnT is a push draw pattern. EVERY student, if doing it correctly, will hit a push draw. 5sk is a system of teaching that allows for whatever shot pattern a student wants to develop including a push draw but if your natural tendencies are a fade and your happy playing a fade 5sk can help you refine that fade and make it more repeatable. 5sk doesn't force every student into the same (push draw) box.

Like I said...does it matter what it's called?  It works, whatever you just called it.

Stack & Tilt

Smoke & Mirrors

5SK

Butch

Haney

Ledbetter

"Slicefixer"

Call it what you want.  Apparently 5SK is nothing like S&T; as I'm learning here.  Okay......I'm still trying to figure out why it matters.

It works, give it a shot, find an instructor, play better golf.

Like I said...does it matter what it's called?  It works, whatever you just called it. Stack & Tilt Smoke & Mirrors 5SK Butch Haney Ledbetter "Slicefixer" Call it what you want.  Apparently 5SK is nothing like S&T; as I'm learning here.  Okay......I'm still trying to figure out why it matters.  It works, give it a shot, find an instructor, play better golf.

Um, I dunno, I guess for the same reason we don't call all fruits "apples"?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Um, I dunno, I guess for the same reason we don't call all fruits "apples"?

Yes, when I go to the grocery store I say "oh I want some apples" and I get them.

When I play golf I say, "oh, I want to play better" and find out how.  I don't say "I want to swing using the 5SK (or S&T;, or Butch, or Haney, etc.) method and accept whatever that gives me".  Like I said, who cares what you call it.  The goal is to play better, not necessarily swing using a certain "method" or "idea".  In the context of this thread, S&T; works (for me).  I said to go get some lessons.  I then said that some day, if my child wants to play golf, I will get him/her lessons from a teacher like James using (whatever they want to call the method at that time).

To use your example, it would be like calling "apples" "keys".  I could eat one, taste it, call it a "key", it would still taste the same (and have the same nutrition value) as when it's called an "apple".

That's the point I was trying to make.  You never read Shakespeare, did you?

Never mind.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Never mind.

Exactly

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

No, you're all right.  It totally matters what a method of instruction is called.  I'm very sorry.  I guess I should call James and ask him so that I know before I play my next round what method I'm using.  Thanks for the tip.

I'll leave you guys to the last word.  Deuces.

Originally Posted by minitour

No, you're all right.  It totally matters what a method of instruction is called.  I'm very sorry.  I guess I should call James and ask him so that I know before I play my next round what method I'm using.  Thanks for the tip.

I'll leave you guys to the last word.  Deuces.

It does matter.  Lets say I saw you on the course/range and asked you what method you used to learn your swing, because I liked it.  If you told me Haney, I'd be interested in learning that method, so I would go look for information on his teachings.  However, that wouldn't be doing me any good if you were actually using Stack and Tilt.  They are two entirely different methods of learning/swing.

Jeff

This apple is by far the sh*tiest banana I have ever tasted.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by SloverUT

It does matter.  Lets say I saw you on the course/range and asked you what method you used to learn your swing, because I liked it.  If you told me Haney, I'd be interested in learning that method, so I would go look for information on his teachings.  However, that wouldn't be doing me any good if you were actually using Stack and Tilt.  They are two entirely different methods of learning/swing.

I've posted this before, but I'm doing it again anyway because it's entirely appropriate ...

Ahhh, Shakespeare...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Minitour is apparently quite happy with the instruction he's getting from James. Other folks, who may or may not be receiving instruction from James, are apparently quite unhappy -- because of terminology, mother****er!

How ' bout everyone just golfs their own ball?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I've posted this before, but I'm doing it again anyway because it's entirely appropriate ...

HA HA.  That's pretty good.

Jeff

How do you do the clock? LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

This is confusing to me. From the 5K DVDs and the YouTube clips that Dave has posted, it seems like 5SK is teaching a swing pattern and that if you follow what is being taught, you're more then likely going to have a swing that looks something like Dave's or Grant Wait....Which is great, as far as I'm concerned! I don't see anywhere on that DVD where you'd end up having a swing that would look like Tom Watson or Fred Couples, for example.

I've been using the 5K DVDs to help with my swing and it comes across that there is a right and wrong way to swing the club beyond just the 5Ks. I'm saying this from a layman's perspective only and I have no fight in all this controversy. I also have really benefited from the 5SKs DVDs. I just don't get that it's for "every swing" and it's "not a swing method." Just my two cents.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

Originally Posted by scopek

This is confusing to me. From the 5K DVDs and the YouTube clips that Dave has posted, it seems like 5SK is teaching a swing pattern and that if you follow what is being taught, you're more then likely going to have a swing that looks something like Dave's or Grant Wait....Which is great, as far as I'm concerned! I don't see anywhere on that DVD where you'd end up having a swing that would look like Tom Watson or Fred Couples, for example.

I've been using the 5K DVDs to help with my swing and it comes across that there is a right and wrong way to swing the club beyond just the 5Ks. I'm saying this from a layman's perspective only and I have no fight in all this controversy. I also have really benefited from the 5SKs DVDs. I just don't get that it's for "every swing" and it's "not a swing method." Just my two cents.

This will explain far better than I can.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/60820/purestrike-5sk-stack-and-tilt-etc

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by scopek

Just because Dave and Grant have a swing that's similar to S&T; doesn't mean 5SK teaches everyone to have an S&T-like; swing.

We teach plenty of golfers who don't appear to have an S&T; swing.

Originally Posted by scopek

I've been using the 5K DVDs to help with my swing and it comes across that there is a right and wrong way to swing the club beyond just the 5Ks.

There's not. This is the first we've heard anyone saying that, and I'd say more, but that's off topic for this thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets