IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

It's in a small way similar to Cloud Atlas (separated by distance rather than time), but given a much bigger canvas to paint on but it's not straight up sci fi, it really takes its time to dwell on characters or slow down on other things. Like the Bollywood sequence. Agree with your point about the epic feel. And it feels like a tv show made for the world, not the US, that's not so obvious, paint by numbers.

My second link was supposed to go here (some spoilers). 8 things to help you make sense of the series:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/06/05/sense8-netflix/

I never watched Cloud Atlas. Worth a look? I saw references to it being a work by the Wachowskis as well.

Those Indian weddings/parties, a whole lotta dancing goin' around.

I enjoyed Cloud Atlas, I didn't read the book, it has some hardcore fans, the book. The makeup is a big turnoff for most people, you'll laugh it it or it'll make you angry. I could not recognize Hugh Grant and some other well know actors. The plot is complicated, lots of actors playing multiple roles and lots of time shifts. It does fall under its own weight, tries to do too much, takes itself a little too seriously. I'd still recommend it, but I'm very forgiving of movies that try too hard but fall short. It has a great soundtrack.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Colbert mining the Trump material

James Corden & Stevie Wonder (who does a great British accent)

Tim Cook on Colbert

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Moonlighting, whose DNA you can see in shows like Castle. Bruce Willis, before he became a one man crime wrecking machine.

http://www.avclub.com/article/10-episodes-highlight-moonlightings-eclectic-bound-225308

Before Glee, before SYTYCD...

Steve

Moonlighting, whose DNA you can see in shows like Castle. Bruce Willis, before he became a one man crime wrecking machine. [URL=http://www.avclub.com/article/10-episodes-highlight-moonlightings-eclectic-bound-225308]http://www.avclub.com/article/10-episodes-highlight-moonlightings-eclectic-bound-225308[/URL] Before Glee, before SYTYCD...

IIRC this show went bad when they got married? With the duo on big bang theory getting married, I was thinking of all the shows that got worse, or worser, when stars got married. And couldn't think of any that got better or at least didn't get worse. What shows am I forgetting?

Steve

What, no Deadwood? Pfffft.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/best-tv-shows-ever-top-819499

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Moonlighting, whose DNA you can see in shows like Castle. Bruce Willis, before he became a one man crime wrecking machine.

http://www.avclub.com/article/10-episodes-highlight-moonlightings-eclectic-bound-225308

Before Glee, before SYTYCD...

IIRC this show went bad when they got married?

With the duo on big bang theory getting married, I was thinking of all the shows that got worse, or worser, when stars got married. And couldn't think of any that got better or at least didn't get worse. What shows am I forgetting?

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2012/04/10/from-castle-to-bones-is-the-moonlighting-curse-still-relevant-today/

Steve

In this era of reboots, the Muppet Show had its hits laugh-wise, but more misses than hits. Mainly watched to see what it'd be like. Will come back to it later on in the year to see what they do with it. Will Hollywood ever run out of things to reboot?

Steve

In this era of reboots, the Muppet Show had its hits laugh-wise, but more misses than hits. Mainly watched to see what it'd be like. Will come back to it later on in the year to see what they do with it. Will Hollywood ever run out of things to reboot?

Agree. I was a huge fan of the show when it aired the first time. They need more schtick and less story in the new version. Short funny segments were what they excelled in before. Get back to that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Heroes Reborn was pretty freaking cool. I think my soon to be new faves are The Player and Blindspot. Warming up to Fear The Walking Dead but it's more like methadone to tide me over until Walking Dead starts.

Dave :-)

Enjoyed the latest season of Longmire.

Thought the show tried to squeeze in a little too much towards the end. Loved Gab turned into a hawk explanation, Nighthorse as philanthropist in a Prada suit is abrupt, no explanation for change of heart, conflicted w/Cady taking money from Jacob for rez legal defense, wish Henry got even w/Malachi. Lots more to digest. Loved that each episode was an hour straight through as opposed to 40 dictated by commercials.

Steve

Recent years we have watched Lost, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead, True Blood, How I Met Your Mother, My Name is Earl, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones off the top of my head.  We don't have a whole lot of time to watch a lot of tv and cut the cord so we watch them on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus and other places.

• Administrator

The wife and I started Mr. Robot last night. 2 episodes in and it looks like it's going to be good!

If you like totally weird pointless stuff, it should be right up your alley. I like a good hacker flick, but… I wasted eight hours watching that one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 sentence summary of classics (Colbert)

Steve

If you like totally weird pointless stuff, it should be right up your alley. I like a good hacker flick, but… I wasted eight hours watching that one.

That is disappointing to hear. Haven't watched anymore episodes since posting, but I had been hearing a lot of good buzz about it from others that had watched the series. Anyone else have a similar experience with the show?

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

(edited)

That is disappointing to hear. Haven't watched anymore episodes since posting, but I had been hearing a lot of good buzz about it from others that had watched the series. Anyone else have a similar experience with the show?

I didn't like the first couple of episodes but it grew on me. Writer has a 5 season arc planned so 40 more episodes. Plot is just starting. I had some issues with developments in the last episodes but I enjoyed the season. I don't think it's one of the best shows out there like some diehard fans, it's interesting enough to keep watching. 

Edited by nevets88
Z

Steve