IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

This SNL skit on La La Land is hilarious

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Good Place seems to have gone under the radar. For a network show, it's very high concept, serialized, incredibly smart and funny, with Sam Malone from Cheers and Veronica Mars and some great young comedic talent - the Janet character is spray your beverage out your mouth funny.  And it gave us an ending better than any recent prestige shows, even on HBO. It's only 13 1/2 hour episodes, and it will fly by. And you'll probably want to watch it again. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

11 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The Good Place seems to have gone under the radar. For a network show, it's very high concept, serialized, incredibly smart and funny, with Sam Malone from Cheers and Veronica Mars and some great young comedic talent - the Janet character is spray your beverage out your mouth funny.  And it gave us an ending better than any recent prestige shows, even on HBO. It's only 13 1/2 hour episodes, and it will fly by. And you'll probably want to watch it again. 

One of my favorite shows of the year. NBC really screwed it with the scheduling (thanks for that, NFL).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

54 minutes ago, jamo said:

One of my favorite shows of the year. NBC really screwed it with the scheduling (thanks for that, NFL).

Yeah, they really punted that dog, didn't they? ;-)

Steve

I absolutely love the TV series Fargo.   And I like Better Call Saul a lot.   But it's just too long in between seasons for either of those. 

The best think I've seen on TV recently was the PBS series The Hollow Crown.   It's a 3-part adaptation of Shakespeare's Henry VI part 1, 2, and 3, and Richard III.  Benedict Cumberbatch as Richard III.   I had to watch it with the captions on to get the dialogue, because it's Shakespeare. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I have enjoyed every episode of that show as well. I can't think of many new shows I like. That's one of them.

My family and I like to watch the stupid shows together, like Arnold in Celebrity Apprentice and the new Hunted (seriously, how dumb do you have to be to get caught within a few hours? You used an ATM AND took a bus from that same station?!?!).

My favorite TV shows (the ones I watch more than just use as background noise) currently:

• Modern Family (though it's getting old… falling off a bit).
  • New Girl (still, somehow? so stupid! :-D)
  • Speechless
  • This is Us (slipping…)
  • No Tomorrow

Shows I used to like but have really fallen down:

• Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • The Blacklist
  • Gotham

There are a bunch of shows in the middle, like the end of Bones, which I'm probably only watching because it's near the end and I've gone this far with it. Most of them are closer to the second list than the first.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

• Modern Family (though it's getting old… falling off a bit).

This was the best show on network television for a long time. 

• 3 weeks later...

La La Land hater watching Legion - I can't get a f**ing break can I? :-D

Steve

On 1/2/2017 at 8:57 PM, nevets88 said:

Wow, Braindead is a really good show. From CBS of all places. 

I forgot to reply to this one, but I enjoyed Braindead too.  Its completely ridiculous, but how can you not like a show that has politicians' heads exploding?  Brain-eating bugs could really explain a lot of what happens in DC over the last few years. 

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

11 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I forgot to reply to this one, but I enjoyed Braindead too.  Its completely ridiculous, but how can you not like a show that has politicians' heads exploding?  Brain-eating bugs could really explain a lot of what happens in DC over the last few years. 

I loved the singing recaps.

Steve

For background noise, sometimes I put these on. Kind of soothing. Slow tv they call it. 10 hours, no commercials.

Steve

The Expanse is killing it. Spoilers.

Steve

On 1/20/2017 at 1:50 PM, Kalnoky said:

Anybody else watching "Sneaky Pete" on Amazon? Giovanni Ribisi and Brian Cranston... pretty good. Stylistically it reminds of the first season of Fargo on FX.

My wife and I watched it. Some of it was a little cheesy but all in all not a bad show. Seemed like they took a little from a lot of different hustler type movies and put it together. One thing I thought was it seemed a bit like an extended Rounders. Got me to thinking Giovanni Ribisi could have easily played Ed Nortons part in that movie. 

They set it up so can do a second season. 

Big Little Lies is a bit soapy for my taste but jeez, the eye candy in this show is irresistible. 

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for Big Little Lies, based in Monterey, to show an obligatory scene at Pebble Beach.

Laura Dern going full neurotic.

Steve

Anybody check out Little Big Shots on NBC Sunday night? Yes, at times it can get a little cutesy-boo, but some of the kids are amazingly talented. And last Sunday I swear I watched the next Whitney Houston!