IGNORED

Your Avatar

Uncle Peter
Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally had a stock photo from the Pictures folder of Windows.  Then some jackass dropped in to the community to ruffle some feathers and he had the same one.  I felt I should change it with the duplicate and all.  I changed it to a couple things but couldn't really come up with anything I liked.

I was looking especially hard one day for something and came across this one while coincidentally there was a thread about smoking weed on the course.  I thought it had a Grateful Dead kind of look to it and changed it for the specific purpose of responding to the weed thread.  But then it grew on me - and I haven't seen anything I thought was better.

I'm not sure if he is angry or triumphant - I think triumphant.  But either works.

I've changed it a few times, but right now it is a picture of Ben Hogan, Jimmy Demaret, Perry Como, Ed Sullivan and Bob Hope on the first tee of my Club for a charity event back in the 50's. I may be older than most here but, thankfully, I was not around for that picture.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's from Blade Runner. My favorite movie of all time.

And I thought it was Woodsy Owl!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Right now (certainly it will change again and anybody reading this post at that point will be thoroughly confused), it's a picture I took of some random buildings in Venice while on my honeymoon in 2007.

Right now (certainly it will change again and anybody reading this post at that point will be thoroughly confused), it's a picture I took of some random buildings in Venice while on my honeymoon in 2007. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/90786/] [/URL]

Sorry, but I miss the two kids in the golf cart. That just defined cute! :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Sorry, but I miss the two kids in the golf cart. That just defined cute!

Thanks, I agree!  I've tried to put it back a few times but cannot figure out how.  Whenever I go to the "change avatar" button, it gives me the option to upload a new picture from my computer but I don't see how to go back to an image that is already in my "avatars" folder.  So instead, I just follow @Ernest Jones lead and just keep changing it when I'm bored. :)

BTW, that is my son "driving" with my friends son in the passenger seat, and they both look like they are adding up their scores for the hole, ... but I don't remember what they were actually doing. ;)

Cool thread. My favorite part is reading the descriptions of people's old avatars that don't match up with their current ones.

Mine is a GIR I hit on a par 3 a few years ago. It's kind of hard to tell from the angle in the picture, but the course was so soft that the ball was plugged completely in the green. I actually had to use my divot repair tool to gently pry the ball out.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thanks, I agree!  I've tried to put it back a few times but cannot figure out how.  Whenever I go to the "change avatar" button, it gives me the option to upload a new picture from my computer but I don't see how to go back to an image that is already in my "avatars" folder.  So instead, I just follow @Ernest Jones lead and just keep changing it when I'm bored. :)

BTW, that is my son "driving" with my friends son in the passenger seat, and they both look like they are adding up their scores for the hole, ... but I don't remember what they were actually doing. ;)

LOL ... thanks!!

LOL ... thanks!!

:dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Moe Norman -- perhaps the best ball striker ever and my swing model.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Anna Verchenova

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

• 4 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!