IGNORED

The Haney Project: Rush Limbaugh

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is by far a more politically loaded thread I have ever read in golf forums...Clearly it lost sight of the OP's intention...I don't intend to bring it back to golf either....

Listen, because you disagree with the political view of a person does not make hie/her a racist. If that were the case, I would then have to feel personally singled out everytime a "brother" tells me I can't jump at the b-ball court, or I can't dance....bottom line I can't do either, but I don't feel offended by the comment...it's called a little bit of humor and tough skin.

Regarding Donovan...He has not won the big game and that is the bottom line...would people still say that John Elway was the greatest QB had he not won towards the end of his career...let's talk Dan Marino...Best QB stats wise, but never won the big one!!!! McNabb is a great QB, but certainly not the best. His story reminds me of a movie...the great white hype or something of the other. Rush was certainly not off base, when stating that McNabb was media created phenom bcs he was the first black QB with a chance to win the super bowl.

With that said....and I am going to ruffle some feathers here....and be nice!!!! Our President Obama, rallied in the polls and in the media mainly bcs of the potential historic moment in our country's history more than by his substance and content. Believe that if McCain sat in a church where the pastor was a member of the KKK, he would have been crucified by the media, and would have been ostracized from politics. Here we have President that sits in the Pews of Rev. Wright fro over 20 yrs, and the people are not offended by this, nor by the then candidate when stating that he had never hear that rhetoric from wright...please!!!! But most Americans turned the other way, the media did not even challenge him on this while campaigning, and it just got swept under the rug.

Let's not be dumb enough to think that Rush is any more racist than the average joe, simply bcs he questioned the ability of McNabb...come on people use your head to analyze what is happening instead of just accepting what the left wing media or right wing nut jobs are saying and formulate your own opinions on the matter. We as a society need to be able to think for ourselves, listen to all points of view (whether you agree with them or not) and make our own decision..stop believing the hype (or agenda) that everyone is pushing this days...THINK RESPONSIBLY!!!

Phew...rant over!
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

• Administrator
Political talk ends here or this thread goes to the Grill Room. It's in Golf Talk, so keep it about golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So we've gone from former basketball great with a painful to watch golf swing....to marginally funny but very stubborn comedian to extra-polarizing political pundit. I wish GC would find a pro athlete that's actually good and show Hank working with them to fine-tune his/her game to try maybe qualifying for an event of some sort. Romo would fit perfectly here (however the Cowgirl fans may beg to differ). Since I'm allergic to blustering personalities (Jesse, Rush, Glen, Bill, Al as examples) I probably will not watch.

I wonder if Rush's bag contents have changed since last summer:

RUSH: No. My bag is full of different kinds. I have a Cleveland Launcher driver that's 8.5 degrees loft. It's about three or four years old, and nothing I've tried since is as good. I love the damn thing. My irons, 4-iron through wedge, are TaylorMade r7s, and I have a couple of Vokey 54- and 60-degree wedges. Utility clubs, 3- and 4-iron are TaylorMade. (interruption) What are you laughing at in there, Dawn? Golf game -- well, he asked. It's Open Line Friday. And I use the Scotty Cameron custom-made for me putter.

(

Source .) Any idea what his swing speed is? 8.5* is a low loft, and last I heard he was only a 14-ish handicap. It' respectable, but not the level I'd expect to carry a 8.5* driver.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I would rather chew off my right arm and batter myself to death with the bloody stump than watch that ignoramus. I lost a lot of respect for Tom Watson when he commented that RL was a great friend of his.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

I would rather chew off my right arm and batter myself to death with the bloody stump than watch that ignoramus. I lost a lot of respect for Tom Watson when he commented that RL was a great friend of his.

You don't have any friends who's opinions on political issues are odds with your own?

I think the decisions Watson's made in his own life speak volumes - to continue beating the dead horse - would you be held personally accountable for stupid things your douchebag friends say at work?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I definitely won't watch and sent an e-mail to the Golf Channel explaining my disappointment with their selection. To be honest, TGC is mostly a waste of time with the exception of the tournament coverage and even that is being replaced by their inane reality type programming. I'd much rather watch Q school coverage, college golf, or some of the lesser tours than all that crap they're showing now.

So, I'm voting with my remote.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

You don't have any friends who's opinions on political issues are odds with your own?

At odds? Yes.

That much at odds? Not my friends.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

I enjoyed Charles some, and found Ray a pretty funny selection. I looked forward to Ray's lessons and thought he was irritating towards the end when he was being yelled at but it looked like he needs to be yelled at or to get a spine. I think Romo would be grand but he would be too expensive for TGC.

I do not know where the entertainment will come from for Rush's. He is not exactly a fun guy or appealing to see improve. I may watch but only cause I just about only watch TGC. TGC is pretty lame after a while, especially the hosts. I guess the only real draw for me is Lauren and Winn............huhuhuh yummy....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

It seems like youre protecting somebody you agree politically with more than trying to normalize this thread. Last time he was given a national tv stage it took him less than 2 weeks to make a racially insentitive remark. I really dont think this show will be much different. Haney is no longer tigers swing coach, so he has lost that allure and is just a regular dude now. GC probably brought limbaugh in hoping he would cause some controversy so people watch the show.

come off it. everybody and their mom knew that donovan mcnabb was overrated. why? because he's black. it's not racist, nor ''racially insensitive,'' it's the truth. i'm black, and i found no offense in it. truth should be placed above all, no matter whose feelings may be hurt, in most situations mind you. i've got nothing against rush personally. hell, i agree with a lot of what he says. he criticizes the president, and rightly so. it's got nothing to do with race.

Not sure if I'm going to watch this or not and it has nothing to do with Rush's politics or whether I agree with them or not. The Barkley shows were great bc Charles is a funny guy who reeeaaalllyyy needed help. The Romano episodes weren't nearly as good bc he's a whiny little bitch. For the show to work I believe you need to have somebody who's enternaining and who people want to watch and actually care about on some level. I don't think Rush is that guy.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Not sure if I'm going to watch this or not and it has nothing to do with Rush's politics or whether I agree with them or not. The Barkley shows were great bc Charles is a funny guy who reeeaaalllyyy needed help. The Romano episodes weren't nearly as good bc he's a whiny little bitch. For the show to work I believe you need to have somebody who's enternaining and who people want to watch and actually care about on some level. I don't think Rush is that guy.

That's the real point here. I disagree with Rush's political positions, but my dislike of him stems much more from his broadcasting style and personality. Obviously, I've never met him, but everything I've heard, seen, or read points to him being a very unpleasant person. I have to believe this, because every platform he has been given over the last twenty years to reach the public beyond his radio listeners, he reverts to the same incessant, cynical, rabblerousing schtick he does on his radio show, and then cries of persecution when someone outside of the bubble he's created confronts him about it.

If there's a side of Rush that is capable of putting politics aside and being civil (which would probably be a tremendous image boost with the public at large), he's not interested in displaying it. If he couldn't guest-host a late-night talk show for one night without turning it into a circus, and if he couldn't last a month on a football pre-game program without getting into trouble, there's no reason to believe that he won't turn even something as mundane as The Haney Project into a showcase for his sociopolitical commentary. And I can't imagine a lot of Golf Channel viewers turning in just for that.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I don't care what your politics are, which are probably a joke none the less. So.....Hell ya! I'm going to watch Rush just as much as I watched Barkley and Romano. It should make for a new challenge and maybe even a better outcome.

The thought dawns on me -- what sort of physical condition is Rush in? Maybe Haney will get him into some golf fitness and improve him that way. Yeah, some swing stuff here and there, but maybe this would be a good boost for the "golf is a sport" crowd (of which I am a member) if someone who is famous, known to love golf, and out of shape improves by improved physical conditioning.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Rush loves golf because it is the ultimate capitalist, conservative sport. No contracts that allow a player to get lazy or start whining, no team play that allows a player to blame his poor performance or hide behind the good performances of others. It is pure competition, week in and week out. Pay based on performance, pure and simple.

Thank you sir that was absolutely beautiful.

Rush loves golf because it is the ultimate capitalist, conservative sport. No contracts that allow a player to get lazy or start whining, no team play that allows a player to blame his poor performance or hide behind the good performances of others. It is pure competition, week in and week out. Pay based on performance, pure and simple.

That's a reason why I like it too. You can compare your game as an individual to anyone else (even yourself at a different time) unobjectively. No teammates to make it complicated, no points for style. Just raw scores. You control everything that happens to your ball from start to finish, from the equipment to how it is struck. Anything that happens is your fault and only your responsibilty to fix, no one is ever interactively working to thwart you.

Also, it requires honesty. You could use the foot wedge on every bad lie if you wanted to, but the moment you played against another honest player they'd see you can't post the scores you claim to.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

So some of you ain't going to watch because of his politics? Do you know how your favorite player votes? He's there for golf. He has his own show for political commentary. I have a feeling this will be the best season yet.

"I play in the low 80's. If it is an hotter than that, I don't play"

Joe E. Lewis

So some of you ain't going to watch because of his politics? Do you know how your favorite player votes? He's there for golf. He has his own show for political commentary.

I'm with you on this...I'll be watching.

Bag:ogio.gif SULTAN----titleist.gifDriver: 9.5* 909D Comp-----titleist.gif3W: 15* 909F3
titleist.gif5W: 18* 906F2----titleist.gifHybrid: 21* 909H----titleist.gifIrons: AP1's stiff
Wedges:vokey.gif 56*.14 & 60*.10----odyssey.gifPutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
golflogix.gif

Note: This thread is 4329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!