IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My number 1 pet peeve is people who don't carry enough ball/tees for a round of golf. I have a buddy who constantly runs out of both. The tees don't bother me as much, but the balls do. What makes you think I want to give you a $4 ball when I know you play cheaper stuff and constantly lose them? Last week, he was out of balls on the 8th hole. I gave him a ball to finish the front. At the turn, I made him buy me 2 sleeves of Callaway Tour i(s) and he bought a box balls for himself.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

Quote: Originally Posted by BostonSully Played a round the last night with a new golfer. But he didnt look like a new golfer. Brand new standbag, new Cobra Irons/Driver must've had 1500$ worth of equipment. Looked like he was going to be really good and was just a hack. You made an assumption based on the guy's appearance and gear and then got annoyed because his skill level didn't match his gear? lol Would you be just as peeved if someone turned up with crappy ancient clubs and tatty golf gear, you 'assumed' he'd be crap and then he kicked you to kingdom come in points?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Peeves in no particular order:

1.  Ball marks

2.  The golfers who think they own the course.

3.  Those golfers who think every rule in the book has to be followed to the t.  These are the worst, yet the most fun.  Last I checked, I pay to play, not get paid to play.  If the crappy course I can afford to play has dead dirt spots all over it, or the ball rolls into the gravel, I may choose to play the foot wedge.  If they don't like it, they can take their game and become a professional.  Or stop playing the crappy courses.  I refuse to damage my old worn our clubs.  They need all the help they can get.  lol.  I say most fun, especially when I use a foot wedge for nothing more than to get the guy upset.  It's a wonder I haven't been punched in the face yet.

4.  People who get on forums and complain about spelling or grammer, yet go out and vote for the same politicians.

My sticks:

Ping I15 irons

Ping G5 hybrid

Ping K15 3 wood

Ping G15 driver

Odyssey Whitice Sabertooth putter with extra large Winn grip

1. People who think they have a right to push into the people infront of them because they think those people are slow play

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by hackerandloveit

Peeves in no particular order:

3.  Those golfers who think every rule in the book has to be followed to the t.  These are the worst, yet the most fun.  Last I checked, I pay to play, not get paid to play.  If the crappy course I can afford to play has dead dirt spots all over it, or the ball rolls into the gravel, I may choose to play the foot wedge.  If they don't like it, they can take their game and become a professional.  Or stop playing the crappy courses.  I refuse to damage my old worn our clubs.  They need all the help they can get.  lol.  I say most fun, especially when I use a foot wedge for nothing more than to get the guy upset.  It's a wonder I haven't been punched in the face yet.

If you're playing just for fun, I agree no reason to play strictly by the rules, but if you're playing for handicap or in a tournament, then rules are pretty important.  I don't know why you'd expect to get punched in the face, I could care less nor do I think many others would care what strangers do in a foursome if it's not during a tournament.

Joe Paradiso

People who would rather look golf balls than play.

I fell in with a twosome the other day. One of the guys pulled out his ball retriever at every water hole and proceeded to walk around them retrieving balls. No one was behind us, but he did hold up me and the other guy. I almost lost it when he said he had probably 700 balls at home he had found last year!

Originally Posted by newtogolf

If you're playing just for fun, I agree no reason to play strictly by the rules, but if you're playing for handicap or in a tournament, then rules are pretty important.  I don't know why you'd expect to get punched in the face, I could care less nor do I think many others would care what strangers do in a foursome if it's not during a tournament.

My screwed up sense of humor, thats all.  I don't play in any tournaments as of right now.  May in future, but trying to fix the swing right now.

700 balls.  Holy crap.  What is the guy trying to do?  Start his own store.  Should have pushed him in to "help" him retrieve more.

My sticks:

Ping I15 irons

Ping G5 hybrid

Ping K15 3 wood

Ping G15 driver

Odyssey Whitice Sabertooth putter with extra large Winn grip

More Pet Peeves: Players with rabbit ears who get upset by someone talking on another hole. They expect everyone in the same zip code to freeze and be absolutely quite.

My BIGGEST pet peeve is when someone who tries to give me tips on something I see them suck at.. I realize you might just be trying to help, but your creditability sucks.

If you slice your drive 12 times a round. and then you see me do it twice... Don’t try to tell me what to do.. I know... I just got lazy which lead to me swaying as well as not following through.....

someone who picks up the flag stick before the last putt, god that's awful--our rule is last putter replaces the stick end of story. I play in a threesome so once in a while somebody joins us and of course we explain the stick rule and of course they pick it up on the first green ready to javelin it into the cup. So next green, one of us simply stands on the stick, they get the message.Oh, and people who chew scoal or sunflower seeds and spit on the greens.

Originally Posted by bullseye

someone who picks up the flag stick before the last putt, god that's awful--our rule is last putter replaces the stick end of story. I play in a threesome so once in a while somebody joins us and of course we explain the stick rule and of course they pick it up on the first green ready to javelin it into the cup. So next green, one of us simply stands on the stick, they get the message.Oh, and people who chew scoal or sunflower seeds and spit on the greens.

Obvious speed of play protocol would conclude that the FIRST player to putt out picks up the flag and is ready to replace it as soon as the last player has holed out. That is what we call a NO-BRAINER.

A new one I discovered today - When groups start hitting off early. Today a couple guys in my group decided to tee off 10min before our time. The pro shop guys comes over to the practice green (where I am) and tells me to go and hit off etc. That's 10 minutes of warming up I missed out on, plus the anger at the rudeness of teeing off without your group.... I dunno, I think it sucks! And yes, I played the first 2 holes were terrible....

Originally Posted by Lofty Lefty

Obvious speed of play protocol would conclude that the FIRST player to putt out picks up the flag and is ready to replace it as soon as the last player has holed out. That is what we call a NO-BRAINER.

Of course you are right. Every time I see a post like the one you were responding to, I go back to thinking there should be a minimum IQ test to be passed before one is allowed on the golf course.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Originally Posted by Lofty Lefty

No kidding. I learned pretty early on that it's both proper etiquette and logical. Why punish the guy putting last by having him also rush to put the flagstick? What if your approach is closest and you have a birdie putt? You'd have to putt, replace the flag, then race to the tee to hit first. That sounds lame.

Now if someone gets in my line of sight with the flagstick held "like a javelin" I step back and ask them to back away. Some guys do stuff like that as gamesmanship.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yeah I don't see any sense in the last player to putt picking up his ball, then the flag.

Anyone but the last to putt should fix the flag.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Most annoying are people who doddle when it is their turn to hit.  I am talking about guys who rather talk for 2 minutes with their buddies before getting ready to hit and everyone is just waiting.

I tell them it is their turn, and yet they still keep talking...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Players who spend more than a moment or two looking for their golf balls after a shot.

Players who should be getting ready for their turn or finding their own ball rather than looking for other lost golf balls in the weeds.

Players who spend more than a moment or two looking for their tee rather instead of getting out of the way or moving on to their ball.

Unfilled divots in the tee box.

Players who don't rake after a day at the beach.

Players who yell NICE SHOT before the ball stops moving.  Many shots start off straight but veer off at the end.

Originally Posted by andycook

Players who spend more than a moment or two looking for their golf balls after a shot.

A moment or two?  I understand being upset by super long search parties (especially those that last beyond what the rules allow), but only a moment or two?  I can't tell you the number of times I've found one after about 30 seconds.  I'll bet those extra few moments saved at least a few minutes worth of marching back to the tee, hitting, and getting back.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Quote:

Sorry but, i will spend as much time as i think i need to find a ball. If that means a few more minutes, deal with it and enjoy the day.

About the flagstick thing, usually the first guy gets it, but i tend to place my wedges on the flagstick so i don't forget them, and i usually just take the position of picking up the flagstick most of the time if i chip. Other than that, if someone beats me to it, then they can put the flag back in.

I learned early to play ready golf, that is decide your shot while others are hitting. Though its tough for me since i am usually the last one hitting due to how far i hit it. So on most occassions i can't cross over to my ball because i would be in the way of someone hitting. Another consideration before lashing out for slow play.

I don't mind practicing putting while others are teeing off, as long as there not waiting on there 2nd shot, i don't mind spending an extra few on the green. Most of the time your waiting at the next tee anyways, so its not like your going to go faster.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!