IGNORED

The Open Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes. Great player who deserves his lead currently. Won't last, though.

expecting a faceless corporation to be moral is like expecting your dog to talk. they're there to make money, nothing more nothing less.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger playing very well from tee to green, but the putting is still a little off, missed one or two short ones.Same as he has been lately really.

McIlroy eagle on 9, nice.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Padraig Harrington wins it!

In myM9 bag
09 Burner 10.5* Stiff flex
Burner 19* 3 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
Burner 22* 4 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
G10 irons 4-PW(white dot) steel shaft (Stiff Flex)Oil can 52* wedge Spin milled 56* & 60* wedgesHalf Craz- E B belly putter SG 3.5golf balls

Go Daly!
-7 thru 13!

I don't want Padraig to make a fool of himself here.
Please..... Just play well for this tournament...

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

expecting a faceless corporation to be moral is like expecting your dog to talk. they're there to make money, nothing more nothing less.

Exactly, which is why I don't care about JD trying to get some of their money, and if he has a valid claim, good luck to him.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

Good to see Faldo hanging in at even par for the round so far. Although it looks like the road hole is about to take one from him.

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW
54.10 and 60.4 wedges Whitehot XG #9 Putter

The BBC streaming coverage on Espn3 streaming is so much better than the US coverage. No commercials, no Curtis Strange.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The BBC streaming coverage on Espn3 streaming is so much better than the US coverage. No commercials, no Curtis Strange.

they swap around commentators too so you won't get bored of the same guy.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Even if BBC had commercials, the announcing is better. US announcers too repetitive. Strange says well done over and over again.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Nike should be very happy with the coverage of Tiger's putter so far. I turned it on this morning to the announcers talking in depth about the technology behind it and how well it works. Accompanied by some nice shots of the swoosh and grooves on the face. At -6, it must be working ok for him, even though they showed him missing a few putts.

I wish I had gotten up earlier and seen more of McIlroy's round.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Tiger putting together something of a rare sight with a good first round.
Great stuff by Rory, opening with 63. Too bad he missed the short birdie putt for a 62.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I have to say, the aerial shots of the rectangular looking 18th hole are really awesome. Those views and the view from the 17th tee really make me want to play.

As for the competition, both Tiger and Rory could be even lower. Tiger has missed a few makable ones, and both should have been 1 shot better on 17.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Watch out for this Jin Jeong kid. Won the British Amateur at Muirfield last month with the most lights-out putting game I've ever seen. Six under today through 15. Nice start!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

And he immediately bogies. Sorry to jinx you dude.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I am shocked by how low the scores are so far today. Only four players are faring worse than 2-over; that's incredible for a major championship. Here's hoping the wind picks back up.

Let's hope the folks at Loudmouth have provided Daly with something nicer than a ratty Reebok sweatshirt for the final round this year.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I wish I had gotten up earlier and seen more of McIlroy's round.

I'm sure you will be able to see plenty of it tonight on the 7-10 pm ET "best of" show on ESPN.

Rob Tyska

I'm sure you will be able to see plenty of it tonight on the 7-10 pm ET "best of" show on ESPN.

Good idea. I'll try and catch that.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Note: This thread is 4911 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!