IGNORED

The Open Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree with you to a point. However,

Doesn't matter. As much as I like him, I have to admit he plays sh!tty on a links course. He will not be in top 10.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah Tiger!

He's looking good. 17 of 18 greens.

Amazing stuff by Rory....that kid is talented.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Unable to watch any of the tournament for now. I'm having to watch the

live report and the pgatour.com scoreboard. Phil is playing scratch golf. Par on all first 8 holes.
If Viasat does not fix their signal problems soon, I'm going to throw something on the TV. It goes black for 1/4 a second every 3-5 seconds, reheeheally annoying.

I interviewed there last year and have an aquantency who works for them now. If it's any consolation, they keep themselves chronically overworked down there.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Has anyone gotten espn3.com to work when you do not have a "affiliated" provider?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Steven Tiley must be on cloud nine right now. A local qualifiers is amongst pretty rarefied air at 6-under.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Has anyone gotten espn3.com to work when you do not have a "affiliated" provider?

nope, it's impossible dude. it sucks, i've got time warner. for some reason though, i was able to stream it during the world cup 1st round. then all of a sudden i couldn't anymore. felt like throwing something. espn3 is the one of the best things to happen to mankind and i can't even watch it.

but, i try to find a stream wherever i can. don't like to resort to that, but as i don't have cable there's no other option. right now i'm watching fox sports australia coverage. :/

Will Rocco Mediate please stop bitching about the weather? It's not raining that hard! Good Lord, I dare not to think how much he'll be complaining over the next three days. No wonder he never had a top-15 finish at this tournament.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Westwood topped a 4-iron at the 17th, but it managed to finish 15 feet from the pin; just as I'd play it.

I'm just hoping the winner is a big name player or at least someone who has paid his dues and been close before in the majors, and not some guy who comes from relative obscurity like Ross Fisher (nothing against him, he's a fine player, but seeing a guy like that or Graeme McDowell win just doesn't do it for me).

Two things: 1. Winners at St Andrews tend to be big names. have a look at the roll-call. It doesn't include either of the Tom Morrises, surprisingly, but pretty much everyone else is on it. 2. Graeme McDowell is a multiple winner on a major tour. Just coz he doesn't pop round to your place for a cup of tee doesn't mean he has come 'from obscurity'. He's a 6-time winner (5 befor the US Open), a Ryder Cup player (2008 - went 2-1-1 for 2.5) and played in a winning GB&I; team against the USA. Similarly, Ross Fisher has been playing rather well on the European Tour for a couple of years. A 3-time winner, he has represented England in the World Cup twice - and only two players per country. He's also played for GB&I; in the Seve Trophy. But don't worry, you'll probably get to see more of them at the Ryder Cup this year.

I have, but that's just because I can VPN to my campus network and appear to them like I'm watching from there.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Great stuff by Rory, opening with 63. Too bad he missed the short birdie putt for a 62.

He didn't miss a short birdie putt for a 62. That was on the 17th. You can't say that you missed a putt for a certain score unless that is the final putt of the round.

I'm just hoping the winner is a big name player or at least someone who has paid his dues and been close before in the majors, and not some guy who comes from relative obscurity like Ross Fisher (nothing against him, he's a fine player, but seeing a guy like that or Graeme McDowell win just doesn't do it for me).

If Ross Fisher and Graeme McDowell are "relatively obscure", then your knowledge of golf is totally obscure. Where do people get off making ill-informed and foolish comments like this? Why should it be a "big name player"? How about tye best player that week? Remember Daly winning the PGA? He came from total obscurity and his play was about as exciting as you'll ever see in a major. There is something severely lacking in your golfing psyche if only a big name "does it for you" as a winner.

and i "love" how they call the "The" Open Championship...so pretentious, like those Ohio State morons who call it "The" Ohio State University. like there arent other open championships...

Nothing like a lack of historical knowlege to put a foot in your mouth, is there?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Let's hope the folks at Loudmouth have provided Daly with something nicer than a ratty Reebok sweatshirt for the final round this year.

i believe it was a windbreaker. and it was sweet. lol...

Colin P.

If Ross Fisher and Graeme McDowell are "relatively obscure", then your knowledge of golf is totally obscure. Where do people get off making ill-informed and foolish comments like this? Why should it be a "big name player"? How about tye best player that week? Remember Daly winning the PGA? He came from total obscurity and his play was about as exciting as you'll ever see in a major. There is something severely lacking in your golfing psyche if only a big name "does it for you" as a winner.

Yeah nicely said but I do agree with him to a sense like lucas glover as an example what a bad champion

so i'm listening to monty in the studio with the espn guys before he went out for his round today. i've never really noticed it before, but he doesn't really have a scottish accent at all. he sounds like an englishmen. what's up with that?

Anyone have data on the cut line in majors? If there's no wind tomorrow (I know, big if) the cut line could be under par. How often has that happened in a major?

It may be a lot for all I know. I never really thought about it before, but I'm struggling to find data on it without going through the leaderboard of each and every major until I find an outlier.

I hope the wind blows hard from here on out. Not because I want to see the guys suffer, but to bring some balance to the tournament.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Note: This thread is 4914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!