IGNORED

What's your bread and butter yardage

ronbo25
Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I asked myself this morning if I could place the ball at any distance from the flag, what would it be. I was actually mad at myself that I didn't have this number on the tip of my tongue. I actually didn't know, and had to think about it. On the course I am generally pleased if I am between 80 and 155, but shouldn't there be that one yardage that is my go to yardage?

I suppose I will answer my post with my favorite yardage being 100 yards. I am very comfortable with my 56* from 100 yards, and am disappointed if I don't get within 10 - 12 feet.

What's yours?

Driver : ping.gifG15 10.5* Serrano Stiff
3W: callaway.gif RAZR 15*
Hybrids : adams.gif A7 19*
4- PW : mizuno.gif MP - 63
Wedges : vokey.gif50*, 54*, 60*Putter: cameron.gif Scotty Newport 2.5Bag: sunmountain.gif 2011 SunMountain C-130

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess either my 7 iron to 155, or my 62 to 80 yards which is one of the funnest shots.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Like my 52* from about 100-110, that leaves me hitting full and I don't have to think just hit lol

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

2' I almost never miss.

For me, if we're talking wedges at layup distances, I like either 75 or 115. equally comfortable with both.

52* from around 70 or PW from around 100, both about 3/4 shots which feels very good for control.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

138 yard PW. I'm mad if it's not within 15 feet.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

135yds with a PW, nice and smooth and generally pretty solid.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

50* GW from 120 yards--I know it'll fly high 115-120 land softly and stop without backspinning and sucking back too much.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I suppose I will answer my post with my favorite yardage being 100 yards. I am very comfortable with my 56* from 100 yards, and am disappointed if I don't get within 10 - 12 feet.

Definitely this.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another for 100-110 with the 52. That's generally my best chance to get up and down if I have to layup as I am not nearly as accurate with even a full swing 60 degree from 70y as I am from 100y.

PW @ 130 yards. Might not put it right next to the pin but it's well within 1 putt distance.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Well I don't measure my success on how many ft from the hole I am unless it's a chip or short pitch shot. Anything that's a full swing I want to be on the green period and would probably say I like using my 7 iron. So anything around 150-160 yards.

I'm confident that I can hit that club right at my target every time. Longer irons like my 5 or 6 I think I get a bit to quick with have a tendency to hit them out to the left. 8, 9, PW I'll sometimes not be quick enough with and club face still open at impact and I miss to the right. I have a lot of confidence in my ability to carry hazards because I do strike my irons pretty well, it's my accuracy that needs improvement.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

90-yards 52* wedge. It's a happy place for me

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

115 is an easy PW or 100 a GW or 85 SW all work well for me.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Cleveland DSG SW from 78-85. It can be like lawn darts.
Practice trying to get it in the basket at one range or the 75 yd sign at another.

But it can get ugly with the occasional blade, or too much hosel for a right squirter, or an overshoot if I catch it too sweet.

7 iron seems to be a semi magic club too. That one from from around 155 is good too, longer if the ground is dry. 9 iron / 135 is another.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

110-115 usually just a stock full 56* my cleveland always just hits and hops about a foot and stops dead.. everytime; usually within 10 feet of the hole but sometimes it results in tap ins. also my 52* which is from about 120-125 although i am having trouble figuring out exactly how far it goes. also, 3 iron off the tee. its my go to when i dont feel the driver.

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!