IGNORED

Shorts On the PGA Tour (Updated 2013, 2016)

GreensDruid
Note: This thread is 1608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PGA Tour allow its players to wear shorts during tournament rounds?

• Yes
    • Yes, with stipulations
    • No

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Well, since I spend my whole life now wearing shorts (or swim trunks which double as shorts), I'm all for it.  Those who say that Tiger looks odd in shorts, that's only because you aren't used to seeing him in them.  It's really not much different from anyone else who you only see in a work relationship, especially when the job requires some some sort of distinctive apparel or uniform.  You run into him at the golf course in shorts and you have trouble placing him.  There is nothing inherently professional or unprofessional about shorts on the golf course.  If they had been allowed to wear them all along, we'd think nothing of it.

And I agree with a few of the above comments in reference to things like the Loudmouth atrocities which some players litter the course with.  Just about anything is better than that.

You could say that (the bold) about any and every profession, could you not?  The reason why it's professional to wear a suit and tie as a lawyer is because that's what we've come to accept and expect.

So, because of that, I think you could argue that there IS something inherently professional about pants on the golf course ... precisely because they've always worn them.

I don't agree with that convention either.  I dispute the archaic idea that "the clothes make the man".  I prefer the adage "You can't judge a book by its cover."  Actions make the man (or woman), not apparel.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

I don't agree with that convention either.  I dispute the archaic idea that "the clothes make the man".  I prefer the adage "You can't judge a book by its cover."  Actions make the man (or woman), not apparel.

Can't argue with that. :)

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Stretch

I'm for it generally. But y'all just wait until the Euros start showing up in the 5" inseams!

I think this ends it for me.  Fredrik Jacobson wearing a painter's hat, wrist bands,* and short shorts.  I voted no.

*That might be injury related.

• Upvote 1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I simply don't see any necessity in wearing pants.  Not in regards to the rules of golf.  I don't want to be looking at dudes wearing shorty shorts from the 70's though.

Caddies have been able to wear shorts for nearly 15yrs now.

If they're in Florida, Texas, Arizona, SoCal, Hawaii, or even Ohio next month. . .and its 90* outside with 110% humidity, jeez, let the guys wear shorts if they want.  It just ISN'T a big deal

• Upvote 1

This all day and twice on Sunday: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/75430/] [/URL] Definitely NOT this though: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/75431/] [/URL] Yes, all of you golfers who ever have worn, or do wear Jorts... STOP it.

I agree. There is NO place for denim jean shorts....on or off the golf course. If you are over the age of 9 years old, please stop wearing jean shorts.

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by LottaBalata

If they're in Florida, Texas, Arizona, SoCal, Hawaii, or even Ohio next month. . .and its 90* outside with 110% humidity, jeez, let the guys wear shorts if they want.  It just ISN'T a big deal

That reminds me how much I hated watching a tourney either last year or earlier this year when it was so humid the pants of all golfers were all drenched in sweat.  It wasn't a good look.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

i find the arguement silly, there is no reason to require pants...so don't - end of arguement.

• Upvote 1

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Originally Posted by Lefty-Golfer

i find the arguement silly, there is no reason to require pants...so don't - end of arguement.

Well that ^^^ is a silly argument, so I guess we agree. ;)  There is no reason the cup is 4 1/4" in diameter either, other than because they decided as much when they figured out this silly game.

There is no reason, and there need not be a reason , other than "because we say so."

• 2 months later...

Zach is not a good example, he looks like a dork always.....but I'm in favor of shorts if for the only reason that it may open up the slim opportunity that a major may come to the Southwest (playing golf in slacks in mid August in Houston/Dallas is not the most comfortable thing)

Originally Posted by TJBam

I present Evidence A in opposition to "Shorts on the PGA Tour": Zach Johnson's legs

I'm in favor of the girl next to him wearing shorts, not so much him though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

I'm in favor of the girl next to him wearing shorts, not so much him though.

I'll second that motion! Haha, his legs are about half the size of hers... what the heck.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Originally Posted by butt3r3dt0ast

, his legs are about half the size of hers... what the heck.

Pretty much go to any vacation spot and look for middle aged couples.

not uncommon.  just sad

Bill - 

Originally Posted by TJBam

Straight from his twitter bro.

That's wild.  His neck looks bigger than both legs combined.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• 1 year later...
Note: This thread is 1608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!