IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I get that as a competitor it involves lying to yourself a little bit (Tiger will blame the wind when he simply failed to put the right curve on a shot, for example) as a way of protecting your belief in your abilities, but she's out to lunch. .

yea I was reading Dr. Rotella or somethings book on putting the other day , titled "Putting out of your mind". Guess hes a sports phsycologist for alot of golfers and he was telling a story about Jack nicklaus. Jack was doing a speech and in the speech he said that he thought putting on the final green was very important to winning and that he had never 3 putted on the last green during a tournament. I guess Jack had done it before and people in the audience saw him do it, in particular was one guy who questioned Jack on it during question time, telling him he did a few months ago and he watch him 3 putt. Jacks response was "you are mistaken, Ive never 3 putted on the last green on any day of tournament". So the guy asked Dr. Rotella after the speech why Jack was denying it. Dr Rotella asked the guy what his handicap was, the guy said 15, and Dr. Rotella says so you want Jack, the greatest player of all time, to think like you and remember that 3 putt. I thought it was a good story of how great players minds work in competing

Elena and Brian.....eff me.........

No kidding. He'll probably try to get himself benched immediately, and then invoke a new rule that all benched players much stay on the bench at all times. With David already there with Sandra, no room for two more. His "Laney" will have to sit on Bri-Bri's lap. While there, he can teach her how to not miss

her mouth with his fork. Just wait until the next show. I don't want to get all "spoilery" but love is in the air my friend. Get ready for countless eye rolls, and comments such as "I could have hit that shot." while the rest of the good players finish this off. Perhaps Brian comes out of this without a single dollar (did they each win something from the Waste Managment Challenge or just an ugly green goblet and a donation made in their name?)... anyway, no money for him, but he gets the girl who won a little cash, moves out of the house, and starts making damn fine looking kids of questionable mental makeup. A real question/comment.... Only THREE SHOWS left? with all those players left? If they have another (or two) singles matches where strikes are flying everywhere, I'll be dissapointed. It was a good challenge, but it seems like they have to get some people eliminated in a hurry to even get to a final FOURSOME. How are they gonna do it? Especially with all those noises coming from Elana in the bushes as Brain fumbles around?

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Elena makes it seem like it's all about her putting. She doesn't seem to notice that maybe she lost due to having 20 footers for par. "Yeah that putt should have dropped and I probably wouldn't be standing here (doing interview) right now" Uhh no. How about you hit the green and you wouldn't be standing there right now.

She's full of herself

Sara is correct in that William would NOT have eliminated Elena heads up. Not that they would have hit the exact same shots were they playing alone or if the format was different, but her two putt par on the last hole would have forced a playoff. Remember William hit one in the ocean, wiping out the one stroke advantage.

I am not so sure of that. As you say people hit different shots in a team format and tend to be more aggressive when you have a partner to back you up. I believe Football if playing Elena one on one Football would not have hit the ball in the water but would have selected a different club/shot for that hole. While we will never know for sure my money would have been on Football and his one stroke advantage.

Butch

I am not so sure of that. As you say people hit different shots in a team format and tend to be more aggressive when you have a partner to back you up. I believe Football if playing Elena one on one Football would not have hit the ball in the water but would have selected a different club/shot for that hole. While we will never know for sure my money would have been on Football and his one stroke advantage.

I would point to a different shot as the turning point: that being the par putt Football made on the first hole. He blew the second shot into the green on that one, and I think that it helped him to have A-Rod hit the chip. Granted, it wasn't a great chip, but it allowed a rattled Football to compose himself a little. More so, I think he felt he then needed to pick up A-Rod and make that putt, which he did.

It is very possible that Football still would have pumped his shot in the water. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but he didn't ask A-Rod for shot advice, and just took the club he thought he needed. This last show gave some insight on how these players deal with pressure. After getting steamrolled in the one-on-one strike challenge and this time on the team challenge, the women are faced with some serious pressure and are not handling it well. Lori is falling apart, Elena's putting failed her, and my girl Sara did not get the job done either. The worst, I thought, was Blair bailing when she missed that third shot in the team challenge. The women needed to take the risk and get more points, and instead of taking charge, she quit...hoping that the guys would score a 0 and keep the women in the game. Her options were all low percentage, but personally, I would rather go down swinging.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Football's chance at Par on the first hole was 50-50 after he missed the green badly from 100 (playing 110 w the breeze). Would he have stiffed it instead of wetting it on the second? I doubt it. Well never know of course, but I think some are forgetting Anthony had Willie on his back the first two holes.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Just checked on a Big Break Sandals alum: Carling finished DFL in the Lorena Ochoa Invitational this weekend. I don't think she did many birdie dances.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Just checked on a Big Break Sandals alum: Carling finished DFL in the Lorena Ochoa Invitational this weekend. I don't think she did many birdie dances.

ouch...that'll sting

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ouch...that'll sting

Stings for about $8,000. She beat Michele Wie.... Who withdrew, lol.

This may be a stupid question but what does dfl mean?

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

• Administrator
This may be a stupid question but what does dfl mean?

Dead F---ing Last.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

not to be confused with DTF...which carling and sara b both tell me they are...

You wish. lol

and thanks Iacas thats what I figured.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

The show las night was titled "Birds of a feather stick together" or whatever it was called? I'm saying BS. It should have been called. "Ladies act like asses but can't back it up." Or, "More ridiculous hyperbole from Brain."

Sara purple and yellow shorts were nice.

I'm sure I'm not alone, but Brian really, really gets on my nerves. It's obvious that the only reason this guy got on the show is because they know he's a loose cannon. It definitely wasn't because of his playing ability. Every single time I've heard the guy talk he's talking about how his game is basically superior to everyone else on earth, yet I've NEVER seen the guy hit a shot that would indicate his skill matches his mental image of himself. What's with him, anyway? He looks like a 2 or 3 handicap at best, his swing isn't really that good, yet he really believes he's some sort of golfing God? He'd get demolished on tour, any tour.

Watched the show last night and enjoyed it. Not sure why Football called out Lori. She is player and doesn't quit so I would have thought he would have selected someone else. More curious to me is why the men didn't send out Brian. He is a loose cannon and benching him would probably make the men's team stronger. Now everyone on the men's team has a strike.

Anyone have a clue as to how they are going to end this in just two more sessions? Must be another mass extinction coming.

Butch

He'd get demolished on tour, any tour.

His mental makeup, communication skills, ability to handle adversity, understanding of strategy and team play, is absolutely horrific. Demolished on any Tour indeed. He'd get crushed on Justin Bieber's Tour, King Tut's Tomb on Tour, or Sesame Street Live on Tour.

Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!