IGNORED

Brandel Chamblee Is the Biggest Tiger Hater

franky21
Note: This thread is 3885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Jwat381

He was talking about after the fact in the press conference. Tiger said he had heard that there was a kid who fainted, but because he didn't ask how the kid was or if he was ok, Brandel saw it as an opportunity to comment on Tiger's personality, or lack there of.

Just because Tiger didn't formally address his concerns about the kid/teenager who fainted, doesn't mean in private he didn't express his concern.  For all we know, he sent the kid a get well card and a Nike golf set.  My point is the media acts like Tiger needs to spell out his every thought process of the kid fainting.  I mean come on people.  Relax.  The dude hit an errant tee shot because someone screamed in his back swing.

**Begin comment **I was driving yesterday and it was pouring down rain here in Newport Beach... I saw 3 car accidents in a span of 30 minutes while running errands.  I wanted to get off the road as quickly as possible. **End comment**

Does this mean that I wasn't concerned for the welfare of the folks involved in the accident?  That I'm a selfish person and only cared about my well being?  No.  But that is my point.  People (mostly the media)... Hear something and then jump to conclusion that Tiger is being an ass or self centered because he didn't address the kids well being or concerns for his recovery/health.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree, I was just recapping what Brandel said. The Dan Patrick show is the best.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Just because Tiger didn't formally address his concerns about the kid/teenager who fainted, doesn't mean in private he didn't express his concern.  For all we know, he sent the kid a get well card and a Nike golf set.  My point is the media acts like Tiger needs to spell out his every thought process of the kid fainting.  I mean come on people.  Relax.  The dude hit an errant tee shot because someone screamed in his back swing.

**Begin comment **I was driving yesterday and it was pouring down rain here in Newport Beach... I saw 3 car accidents in a span of 30 minutes while running errands.  I wanted to get off the road as quickly as possible. **End comment**

Does this mean that I wasn't concerned for the welfare of the folks involved in the accident?  That I'm a selfish person and only cared about my well being?  No.  But that is my point.  People (mostly the media)... Hear something and then jump to conclusion that Tiger is being an ass or self centered because he didn't address the kids well being or concerns for his recovery/health.

He has Hank Haney on tomorrow.

Everyone has Haney on tomorrow. :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

As TW gets better (only 50% there now?) and wins more, that'll shut the naysayers up ...

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Brandal knows bashing Tiger gets him headlines so he keeps doing it.  Some guys intentionally go a different way from the crowds so they stand out, I think Brandal is one of them.

Originally Posted by bobsuruncle

As TW gets better (only 50% there now?) and wins more, that'll shut the naysayers up ...

Joe Paradiso

i heard the interview with brandel also, and i am a tiger worshiper.

i thought i was fair, and he praised tiger more than the criticized him.

Colin P.

The Golf Channel blows. I can't even listen to those yuppy's talk about golf for more than 30 seconds. Especially that douche bag with the bow tie. The dude on the golf fix is quite possibly the most annoying person on TV. Oh, release the club more? Sure thing buddy. The rest of the time it's infomercials or the euro tour (which I only watch when I need a nap).

• 5 months later...
Brandel hates Tiger !!! I have absolutely no respect for Brandel - what a fish! Tiger plays bad & Brandel is absolutely sure he's lost it for good, Tiger plays well and Brandel says he's obviously on the right track. Brandel is a joke sooo tired of his long winded pontificating. This guy is so in love with the sound of his own voice it's ridiculous!!! I wish Frank would man up and give him the bitch slap he deserves! STFU Brandel! You are not half as witty as you think you are!

Originally Posted by tmf9

I mean I dont think Tiger is going to break Jack's Record anymore, but good lord I don't think I've heard him say one postive thing about Tiger recently, give the guy a break he's had hardly any practice and he's coming off a 4 month layoff...geez

Id be willing to bet Elin is still a bigger Tiger hater.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by Chavez9

Brandel hates Tiger !!! I have absolutely no respect for Brandel - what a fish! Tiger plays bad & Brandel is absolutely sure he's lost it for good, Tiger plays well and Brandel says he's obviously on the right track. Brandel is a joke sooo tired of his long winded pontificating. This guy is so in love with the sound of his own voice it's ridiculous!!! I wish Frank would man up and give him the bitch slap he deserves! STFU Brandel! You are not half as witty as you think you are!

Nah, when it comes to wit Brandel is exactly at the 50% mark.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Hate is a crime. Another word please. The Mods should delete any thread started like this.

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

"Hate" is not a crime.  And on what grounds/basis should threads like this be deleted?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

We're all getting too serious and it's not even winter.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 4 months later...

Tiger's situation reminds me of Ben Hogan's: not overtly friendly with the media, believes his game should stand for itself, etc etc.

The problem that I have with Chamblee is that he never appears to acknowledge anything that Tiger does well. If he hits a poor shot, then he's lost it and he needs to find another way. If he hits a good shot, it's mostly silence. Chamblee, also, seems to operate on the old ball flight laws, and misses a lot of calls when he's describing a Tiger mis-hit. It's just frustrating that someone who was actually on tour, played well enough to be recognized, and seems to be an overall intelligent person, continually puts out poorly informed analysis.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Originally Posted by jbishop15

continually puts out poorly informed analysis.

im shocked that the media would do such a thing to sell advertising or for any other reason

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Id be willing to bet Elin is still a bigger Tiger hater.

At least she got a lot of money out of the deal

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

• 1 month later...

Brandel knew what he was saying and to choose to say it.  Balls for a little 13 inch neck who can hit the ball maybe 180,

well said

Chamblee comes of as a pompous and arrogant analyst, who shows no sensitivity to players whatsoever.  Since when were golf analysts given licenses to run their mouths? . .this guy needs a muzzle.

Note: This thread is 3885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!